A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 69505 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oneredboot
« Reply #810 on: October 15, 2009 01:34:08 PM »

the MS packaging of those spices is great!  i bookmarked these felted-ball acorns and felted-sweater oak leaves the other day--they might work for packaging, too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stoliedina
« Reply #811 on: October 18, 2009 05:33:53 PM »

Love those oak leaves oneredboot!

Hi Crusaders - I'm officially down and out with my first cold of the year. I have been working on gifts though, and I wanted to share. I'm going to link to a blog post that I just did (sorry for the external link) because my head is too fuzzy to fight with Craftster to upload pics:
http://www.geekxnerd.com/2009/10/gloom-and-doom-and-garlands-and.html

Let me know what you think, and let me know what all of you are working on! xoxo

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
crafty_cow
« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2009 08:56:47 AM »

This is my first craftster post. It's quite scary! Everyone is so talented and I've been sitting here going through this thread writing down ideas for Christmas gifts. I think I'm a little late to hand make everything, but would like to make a few things - stocking fillers and personalised ornaments for people to take away for their trees etc and can't wait to start taking part in this!!

I am not an experienced craftster, but have made handmade cards and small sewing projects before. I've just ordered in some crafting supplies and cannot wait to be able to join in here! I'm on maternity and have 7 weeks before baby comes, so plan on putting the time to good use. My sewing machine is out and I'm going to do a little bit of maintenance this afternoon to get it up and running again.

Cider sachets for everyone and Beatles ornaments for my sis and step-mum are top of my list!! An amazing idea!!!

I'm already excited about getting ready for next year - I'll be trying to make LOTS more!

Em
x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Totally addicted to felt
ineedart
« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2009 10:49:21 AM »

Finally, I've got the pictures uploaded....here is what I have done in the last few weeks. I am doing monogrammed pillowcases for most everyone on my list. Here are the first two:

And I made a project bag for my sister out of.....a placemat!!!

And I embroidered a vintage hankie for my mom:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
stargardener
« Reply #814 on: October 20, 2009 01:12:05 PM »

beautiful!  embroidery!!!  amazing!!!!  those gifts are going to be cherished!  I love this thread!  I am knitting a bunch of washcloths so as soon as I get them done I will post some pictures! 

Thanks for the inspiration from all of you!
xxoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2009 01:44:22 AM »

the embroidery is FABULOUS! you should be very proud, i would LOVE to recieve something that spectacular! xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2009 05:07:12 AM »

Welcome crafty_cow, and gorgeous embroidery ineedart! I love that "B" - so festive!

I'm still in the throws of this cold thing, my nose is so red, maybe I should do a Rudolph photo shoot to prep for next year's thread? (Only half kidding!) Good thing is though, being confined to bed means I'm getting some holiday knitting done. Pictures soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2009 07:17:05 AM »

ineedart, your embroidery is very beautiful! The colors are gorgeous.
stoliedina, hope you feel much better soon. Take care!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KedaZenovka
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2009 05:38:22 PM »

get well soon stoliedina!!!

also the embroidery is incredible, recipients are very lucky. This thread is so inspiring, thank you everybody!!

I am away from home with limited craft materials but am communicating with my little sister for christmas tree decorations... as the more artistic one she is in charge of the whole shebang but I am currently working on seven-origami-swans-a-swimming for her theme of birds. do decorations count as christmas crafting? I am feeling a little lost without access to a sewing machine, origami is as far as I get at the moment...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ineedart
« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2009 05:59:11 PM »

Thanks everyone. I have been really into embroidery lately. Its sort of instant gratification which is what I need with three little kids. Stoliedina, feel better!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How-To: Chic and Functional Ponytail for Athletes
Makeup Mistakes To Avoid
Facial Toners You Can Make At Home
Need to Know: The Return of Penny Loafers, Cheap Eats, and Closed Circuit
8 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Applying Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...