A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 68081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stoliedina
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2009 04:05:14 PM »

My gosh! I just found this topic and spent the last 15 minutes reading every single post. This is AWESOME! The Crusader is a goddess!! Posted projects are wonderful! Bless you, Crusader! Bless you!
 Grin

Wow - thanks for the glowing praise! I'm blushing over here!

Quote from: kstaron
It's so nice to know they are already done and there won't be a last minute oh no I forgot about them like last  year

Now the trick will be next December - will you remember where you stored these all year  Cheesy

So true! I'll tell you peeps what I did last year, and this is so INEXPENSIVE. My older brother decided that he was into "going green" as they say. So last year for Christmas I made him re-usable shopping bags out of his very own, not used anymore t-shirts. Pictured here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekxnerd/2640493300/in/set-72157610696478351/

These are SO friggin' easy to make.

1. Cut off the sleeves of your tee shirt so that you have a tank top.

2. Turn inside out, and sew across the bottom of the t-shirt. (I sewed two separate seams for durability, in case one should break)

DONE! or,

OPTIONAL

3. If you want schmancy handles like mine, take the sleeves of the t-shirt, and winding around it, cut a looooong strip from the whole thing.

4. Wrap around the shoulder part of your bag and tuck in the ends to secure.

I made these early on in the year, and I ended up stuffing all of my handmades in one of them. It hung on a hook in the closet and I took to calling it the "Santa Sack"

Just a housekeeping reminder - the deadline to submit your ornaments (or other project) for the January raffle is 9 days away!!! Keep up the good work!

P.S. Christmas is 336 days away! Wink

<3 your Crusader

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2009 04:09:02 PM »

I got the chills when I read the 'only 336 days till christmas' line!!! 

Cheesy

I've been reading this post all month and have yet to make any ornaments...

Time to get crackin!  Thanks for the reminder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
ineedart
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2009 05:13:47 PM »

I have another owl ornament to show...I actually made two but for some reason I can only find a picture of the one. Three down, and I'd like to make at least half a dozen more. We'll see...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2009 10:13:23 AM »

Hi all.  I just joined the crusade because well..........I didn't get SH** done last year in the homemade department.  And I meant too!!!  I did get a homemade scrapbook made for my neice and finished up the last pages on the DAY OF CHRISTMAS!!!  LMSO  I finished it, and ran out the door without even taking pics.  Sad, because she still hasn't gotten back to me with photos of it. 

So, this year, I made a list of the people I wanted to give to, as well as the items I might want to give them.  I got out the calendar and decided if I do about 1 project a week, I could get them all done by Thanksgiving!!!!  YEAH!!!  That gives me the rest of the time before Christmas to cook, bake and relax!  Calgon take me away!

So here is what I have been working on this month.  Four aprons for the girls in my family.  Next month I am working on the little girls aprons for the family.

Anyway, here is a post of the type of apron I am making WITH TUTORIAL!!!  ( Post and tutorial made by me!)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=278889.0

Later I can post a pic of all of them lined up and the different fabrics I use with each one.  But now I don't have the camera batteries charged up.

OK, so after looking at all the previous posts, mine seems kinda dull compared to all the Christmasy goodness of ornaments and such.  I love all of them, and have saved several of them as pics to inspire me and to possibly make later.

And BTW, I am staulking all of your etsy's, and wists, blogs, etc. for ideas too.  SO BEWARE!  LMSO

missgabbielynn
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009 10:42:47 AM by missgabbielynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2009 01:05:25 PM »

Can I just say, that this craftalong is awesome?  I love seeing the things other people have made, and it's really inspired me to get off my lazy butt and start planning ahead.  I'm trying to pace myself so I don't get burnt out and the monthly challenges seem like a great place to start.

So here's what I made for this month:

I posted a bit more about them in their own thread here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ineedart
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2009 01:54:03 PM »

I just LOVE those map ornaments!!!! I have opened up the tutorial to see how its done. I have a huge box of pretty bits and pieces of paper I just cant get rid of and I'd love to try this! Yours look gorgeous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2009 02:12:21 PM »

SO cute!  A whole wall of these would be GORGEOUS!!!  (I know...a LOT of work too).  Thanks for sharing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverseenblue
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2009 03:13:54 PM »

cinnamon teal - those ornaments are awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creatively_clumsy
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2009 04:06:21 PM »

Cinnamon Teal:  I never really glanced at the paper crafts on this site...until now!  You're ornaments are outstanding.  Very beautiful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woobie
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2009 04:51:55 PM »

cinnamon teal.. those are lovely.. I've wisted and am gonna try to make some myself. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Isreal: Serving Innovation
Caitlyn & Caroline Try: Chocolates
HuffPost Taste Test: US Vs. UK Chocolates
How to Make Baileys Sweet and Salty Krispies
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...