A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clutch, Handbag or Tote Swap (FULL) Send-out Feb 16th  (Read 13262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2009 07:16:55 PM »

It's so weird the top thread wont pick up the bottom thread. The needle goes down into the fabric, but it just doesn't sew.
Did you try changing needles? Or try some compressed air on every place the thread runs through - the tension points, the bobbin area, etc.
Sometimes a good cleaning with clear things up.
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2009 09:23:43 PM »

BertaBerta received so here's the gallery!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=289420.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2009 09:32:04 PM »

I should be done by now. I think I did something to my machine.  Sad It's so weird the top thread wont pick up the bottom thread. The needle goes down into the fabric, but it just doesn't sew. I've checked everything I can think of. I'm going to call my local sewing center tomarrow to see if they have any words of wisdom for me. Hopefully it's nothing to bad, so that I can finish soon.
same thing jappened to my machine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2009 09:41:13 PM »

I think I get to actually work on my bag... Thursday. The pattern is nicely cut and taped together, and I have all my fabric (I even bought some new needles for my machine, as I was running low!). I just need to get at it. Is it weird that I am really excited about cutting the fabric? Usually that is definitely not my favourite part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Munora
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2009 05:19:59 AM »

It's so weird the top thread wont pick up the bottom thread. The needle goes down into the fabric, but it just doesn't sew.
Did you try changing needles? Or try some compressed air on every place the thread runs through - the tension points, the bobbin area, etc.
Good luck!

I tried changing needles, tried cleaning, oiling and re threading. I didn't use compressed air just a brush. I'll have to try that. I broke a few needles just before it happened. I'm worried that one of the times that I broke the needle it did something to the machine  Cry. It's a Bernina so it's tough. I just don't know. Does anyone else have any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2009 08:23:25 AM »

Good luck!

I tried changing needles, tried cleaning, oiling and re threading. I didn't use compressed air just a brush. I'll have to try that. I broke a few needles just before it happened. I'm worried that one of the times that I broke the needle it did something to the machine  Cry. It's a Bernina so it's tough. I just don't know. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Is the thread in the bobbin the same as the thread you're using to sew?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2009 08:35:25 AM »

Taylor-
I have to work tomorrow, but there's supposed to be a HUGE snowstorm, so hopefully I can get out early/go in late so that I can be here...I can't wait till tomorrow.  Who wants to get their hair done in the middle of a snowstorm anyways?  I think people should just stay home so that I can!

I know! Who wants to go out?!? The weather here is nasty right now! I live at the shelter I work at so I don't have to drive or anything, but if everyone else gets a snow day why can't I? I always think...who would want to go out and adopt a dog today...and then it never fails....people keep coming!!! Its crazy!

I just checked and it looks like your package is in your town!!! Whoopie! I'm hoping you're able to recieve it and they don't bring it back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Munora
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2009 08:40:52 AM »

Good luck!

I tried changing needles, tried cleaning, oiling and re threading. I didn't use compressed air just a brush. I'll have to try that. I broke a few needles just before it happened. I'm worried that one of the times that I broke the needle it did something to the machine Cry. It's a Bernina so it's tough. I just don't know. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Is the thread in the bobbin the same as the thread you're using to sew?
Yes, both threads are the same. I called our local sewing center. They're also a Bernina dealer. I told her the problem. She said when I broke my needle I must have threw my timing out of whack. She said it's going to take 7-10 days and $70-$100 bucks to get it fixed. I'm so bummed  Cry. This has became a very pricey swap for me. Undecided My friend offered to let me borrow her machine, so I should still be able to still send on time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2009 09:03:49 AM »

I'm so sorry about your machine!!!   EmbarrassedI don't know what I would do without mine, I have a Janome and have been very lucky the past 2 years with it. Much better than the Brother I had.

It has been a pricey swap for me as well, but mostly because the fabrics I picked were pretty expensive!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 09:04:17 AM by stafishtaylz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2009 10:09:56 AM »

After having spent several hours and several trips back and forth to the one *tiny* shop in town, I had given up on ever being able to find replacement belts for my old machine.
Hubby took me to Target that weekend, and as we passed the sewing machine aisle, I glanced in to see what new machines were running. There was a VERY basic machine for less than $80. Hubby grabbed it and walked directly to the checkout counter. (SWEETIE!!!)
I've been beating the heck out of it for several months - denim, pleather, felt, plastic - no problems so far!

And I was trying to pay for postage for Munora's package with Paypal, but I guess you have to have made a sale with Paypal to do it that way. Oh well, I guess it will have to wait til I have the money this Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tunisian Crochet: How to a Reverse Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to Start
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Simple Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: Introduction to Tunisian
How to Use Rainbow Looms
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...