A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frustrated craftster in need of ideas of bday gift for boyfriend!  (Read 2897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

magickalcreation
Ninja Master

Youre just jealous cause the lil voices talk to me

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2005 11:44:32 PM »

hey craftsters! its been awhile since i posted, been quite busy with work..its really good to be back..its like an instant happiness drug type thing lol so anyway, heres the deal..my bf and I have been together for 2 months (met online..haha typical of me) and well..he lives ina nother city but ima go visit em next week and it is his 21st  bday!

I have an idea about what to get em.. Im thinkin of like gettin this picture of me and him..enlarging it and stickin it on like this huge poster paper type thing..and designin it with like quotes and glitter n magazine cutouts..n fabrics n like a collage type thing ..and like makin a mutli colored batik border/frame ..and stickin it on the poster paper around the picturer..thats all i got so far..i dunno..what do u think? I need some more ideas tho!

heres some info about him: hes a graffitti artist, a dj; he loves dance/trance music and rock,  he studies computer analysis in college, he loves watchin cartoons( his fav character is stewie from family guy) and movies: requiem for a dream..(the whole trippy thing) hes smokes, hes into fashion..he LOVES soccer (football) and manchester united are his favorite team..uhhh..thats about all i can think of at the moment..

so any ideas? PUH-LEEZ help!  thanx in advance ma lovelies

peace love fairies and crafts!
*~Mellieness~*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miffy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005 12:25:26 PM »

I'm definately on the same boat. And I met my boyfriend online too, hah. They make the best boyfriends, especially when you find out they go to your school after seven months of talking to them.
But yeah. I'll definately tell you if I come up with anything, but I'm drawing a blank too.

Some thoughts that I'm debating are making a collage of stuff that we love and making it into a puzzle for him to find the pieces of (I'll hide them in his house in places that he'll find them doing daily things) and making him a snow globe that has something to do with something he likes. Really vague, but yanno.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kayla
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005 12:48:38 PM »

i got my ex boyfriend (when we were still together) 2 of his favourite movies, a bucket of popcorn from this speciality popcorn shop and the made him a blanket to sit a watch his new movies with!
he loved it!
even now he sitll watches movies with the blanket i made for him!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magickalcreation
Ninja Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005 03:25:57 AM »

hehe yeah im always falling for guys online..never had a 'normal' relationship =p but yeah it works for me so eh, whatever lol jus wanna say thanx for the ideas so far..im loving the movie/popcorn/blanket idea..gonna try n work on somethin similar, ta kayla ;}  and im so into collages n have already been workin on one for em miffy but thanx anyway =] its cool knowing youre on the same boat..*hugs* wish you the best of luck!

MOre ideas puhleeeeeez people lol *feels like a big baby*

peace love fairies and crafts

*~Mellie~*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miffy
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005 11:56:35 AM »

hehe yeah im always falling for guys online..never had a 'normal' relationship =p but yeah it works for me so eh, whatever lol jus wanna say thanx for the ideas so far..im loving the movie/popcorn/blanket idea..gonna try n work on somethin similar, ta kayla ;}  and im so into collages n have already been workin on one for em miffy but thanx anyway =] its cool knowing youre on the same boat..*hugs* wish you the best of luck!

MOre ideas puhleeeeeez people lol *feels like a big baby*

peace love fairies and crafts

*~Mellie~*

About the blanket idea... If you can sew, make him a simple quilt. I'm making one for my boyfriend to match his room decor (lots of light blues and lots of celestial bodies). It's giant, like... 6'x6' and it's taking a lot of time, but hopefully he'll appreciate it (aka he better like it or it's mine).
Some other ideas... you can pick up a bunch of cheap tshirts and stencil them for him... I'm seeing a can of spray paint on one, a record possibly, a computer, maybe even computer keys that spell out something that he likes a whole lot... stencils of his favorite cartoon....
What about making him a bag to carry his dj-ing stuff in? Like a messenger bag or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magickalcreation
Ninja Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005 05:30:33 AM »

ooooh im so lovin the t-shirt/stencil idea, youre good! thank you so much! gotta week to do all this heh so eh, dont know about the quilt thingy..maybe jus make somethin tiny for em..a bag is good, i can so do that! i got all the equipment at home already too so wo0t! oooh ooh *so excited* thanx so much babes, youre the bestest! lemme know how youre gift turns out when ur done =]

take care

peace, love, fairies and crafts!

*~mellieness~*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
betty666
u little rippaa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005 03:47:12 PM »

oooo the blanket/movie/popcorn idea is cool! may try it sometime!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

proud of my life, and the things that i have done
proud of myself, and the loner i've become
you're free to whine, it will not get you far
i do just fine, my car and my guitar
-Say Anything
FarAboveRubies

Proverbs 31:10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005 11:10:10 AM »

Try one of the "_______ in a box" gifts:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=20191.0

There is a birthday party in a box or make a 21 in a box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies...
she seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.'

visit my knitblog: www.faraboverubies31.blogspot.com
magickalcreation
Ninja Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005 02:50:48 PM »

omg thanx so much for showin me that thread! readin it now....13 pages long but sucha kickass idea!
thanx rubies! *hugs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelie
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005 07:43:11 AM »

All those ideas so far are awesome, especially the movie one, but here's something else to ponder: if his sense of fashion sometimes isn't what you like, you could make him a coupon for 1 item that he can wear that normally you wouldn't let him go out of the house with. this may be hard to do considering the long-distance thing, but it could be cute! you could really go wild with making the coupon! anyway good luck, have fun when you visit him!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to the dark places where it leads." ~Erica Jong
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy International Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Shanghai Pork/Easy International
Takoyaki to go with your Beer
Some basic ingredients for Chinese food
Seasoning A New Carbon Steel Wok - Chinese cooking
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...