A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tulsa?!  (Read 2302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HellbombBettie
« on: January 02, 2009 07:43:32 PM »

I'm new to Tulsa and wondering where are all the crafty gals?  Does anyone know of any groups, etc.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kjgrigsby
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009 08:23:50 PM »

Am looking for a group in Chickasha or Duncan.  Is there any out there? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luv_bus
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009 07:08:11 AM »

I'm fairly new to Tulsa, also.  I'm not sure about any crafting groups, but I have always had a penchant for crafty projects, myself!  I don't currently have a job, nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon, so I have lots of free time to enjoy the finer things in life... like hot glue.  I haven't been doing much in the way of creative fun lately, though, because it seems to be more satisfying when you have someone to share ideas and conversation with.  What kind of stuff are you interested in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HellbombBettie
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009 06:58:41 PM »

I guess there is life in Tulsa after all!   Grin  Tonight I am starting my very first embroidery project, I completed the Sublime Stitching sampler and now I am using the Tattoo Your Towels heart and dagger for a small wall hanging as a birthday present for my husband, he is a tattoo artist...I thought he could hang it up in his office!  I also love decoupage and pretty much any paper related crafts.  I guess I'm kind of a social crafter, I have a hard time completing projects unless I have someone who likes to do things together or that I can talk about crafting with!  I'm interested in all kinds of things, I just haven't tried a whole lot...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tlc1plus3
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010 10:53:42 PM »

I haven't been on craftsters for over two yrs because I moved to the country (with out net servers in the area) Cry and tonight was the first time with any service Smiley but anyways thought you might like to know about HCE (Home, Community, & Education) it basically 4-H for adults we do crafts, community projects, ECT. HCE offers something for everyone. Okmulgee County offers the garden club, & knitting club, to name a few; but with Tulsa being so much bigger they are likly to have more clubs. Just call your local OSU Extension office to get more info. Groups meet different times of the day and evenings. I joined about 8 months ago and I enjoying it. You may also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lollywood
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010 02:21:36 PM »

I'm new to Tulsa and wondering where are all the crafty gals?  Does anyone know of any groups, etc.?

It's been a while since you asked, but hopefully you are still looking for craft circles or groups. You should check out make:Tulsa. They host get-togethers and craft events and workshops for those in Tulsa. http://www.maketulsa.com/

There's a membership fee, but looks like you can try a couple events free to make sure you want to join.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ecoista
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012 01:46:22 AM »

I just joined the site it looks like this post was from quiet some time ago. I am in the process of opening a consignment boutique and would love to incorporate crafty diy night to events at my store.  What are your thoughts? Anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panang Curry Paste Options
How to Prepare Lemongrass
How to Add Flavor to Plain Rice
How to Make Rice Pilaf
How to Steam Rice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...