A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Thing 20 (OTT 20) :: Sign-up Jan 2-9 (NEW SIGN-UP END):: Send Jan 31  (Read 24157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2009 08:08:36 AM »

Well...I finished all the 3 birthday gifts for my family and gave them their gifts yesterday that I made. I decided to break in the scroll saw and make..for my father in law...a wooden stand up garden gnome..it's an inside joke we have since my father in law looks like a living garden gnome...he wears the knit caps pulled up ontop his head, wook boots, a big jacket, and has a white beard! for my sister in law I made her a wooden cross decoupaged in the bible, and for my brother in law I made him a nice dark wooden cross. My husband and I really liked them and thought they turned out great. However.. his family isn't into homemade gifts that much, they prefer store bought electronics.. but given our current financial situation, we can't afford that this year..so they will have to deal with it! I know that the gifts were nice and very cool looking, and am sure the grandmas would love something like that. Oh well...just kind of disappointing i didn't get a better reaction from the people that received them. Now to work on the OTT package! Smiley

They sound like great gifts, men never get home made presies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MirthFairy
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2009 08:13:14 AM »

Today's the day! I'm going to get started! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2009 08:47:08 AM »

Well I finished up Saturday morning and tested it out, and it functions just fine, but it just looks...amateur.  I didn't finish in time to make it to the post office, so I'll have to try to send it tomorrow afternoon, but I'm just not certain that I like it enough to send it.  My friend thought it looked great and my husband liked it, but I'm just so hesitant!  If I can think of something better to make I think I'll do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Sovietweed

~*~Miss Alyssa~*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2009 08:47:27 AM »

If you want some snow, I would be more than willing to send some your way.  This winter in Minneapolis has been RIDICULOUS.  More snow today (I just shoveled), but at least we're in the positive numbers.  After being below zero for a week, 25 feels pretty awesome.

I'm visiting my parents this weekend and Dad keeps pointing out to Mom that "Hon, it's negative 32 (F) in Hibbing (where she once lived) today! Don't you want to go back right now for a visit??".    Hee.  Mom just ignores him. Smiley

God, I wish I lived in MN right now. I used to live in Burnsville (burb of St. Paul) and I miss it so much. It's been in the 70's and sunny pretty much every day here (in AZ), but I would trade it for snow and cold in a heartbeat if it meant getting to live in MN again with my friends  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riding off into the sunset, just me...and my trusty G hook on my hip...

Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/people/Ixodes
Wists - http://wists.com/Sovietweed
Boyfriend's Webcomic - http://ontheinside.smackjeeves.com/comics/
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2009 08:56:24 AM »

Well I finished up Saturday morning and tested it out, and it functions just fine, but it just looks...amateur.  I didn't finish in time to make it to the post office, so I'll have to try to send it tomorrow afternoon, but I'm just not certain that I like it enough to send it.  My friend thought it looked great and my husband liked it, but I'm just so hesitant!  If I can think of something better to make I think I'll do that.

I am sure it's fine! I am sort of in the same boat with yours, letting it chill so I can decide if I want to mess with it more or if that would make me like it less heh. It's seriously craft one day, wait a few days, change my mind, rinse and repeat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flip Flop
« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2009 09:39:59 AM »

im still workin Smiley school starts this week so i hope to put the finishing touches on it today, and mail it out this week
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2009 10:37:09 AM »

Well, my OTT is finished.  I kept tweaking it until my husband said: Oh, just put it in the frickin' box!  So I packaged it all up and then forgot today is a holiday.  But at least I won't spend half the day, messing with it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2009 10:49:32 AM »

I have officially started.  If all goes well, I'll be done in a couple of hours.  I hope audio_astrophysics likes it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
mamarose22
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2009 10:50:29 AM »

I thought I had something to use for a finishing touch, but I guess I don't   I guess I'll have to figure out something else to _____ it ____.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2009 11:55:32 AM »

Wow! You guys are all speed demons! Anyone else on a slow and steady pace?

*raises hand* That would be me! I like to take all the time I can get.  Tongue

But my OTT is coming along pretty well, I'm excited to get it all finished up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a High Ponytail
How To Get Beach Waves In Simple Steps
Top 5 Tips For Taming Summer Hair
Rita Hazan: How to Cover Gray Hair at Home
Testing the "Air Curler"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...