A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
798 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's Ongoing Wish Swap Round 6 (COWS 6)  (Read 18646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mimiw
« on: January 01, 2009 01:42:43 PM »

An ongoing swap geared towards kids!

This is for child crafting/supplies - please do not list things other than for kids or to be used for child crafts

For people thinking of joining - you can join this swap at any time during the month.  When you see something that someone wants you can stake a crafty claim (on the last list or current list posted not one buried up by other posts)  you can pick what you want to make and when.  It will give you some crafty freedom.
The more the merrier with an Ongoing Swap so if you have kids or want things made for kids you know this will be a great swap for you!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  mimiw
co-organizer:
Sign-up date range: (01/01/09-01/31/09)
Date to send item by: 14 days after claiming

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement?  13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as COWS 6 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

This will help me stay organized.  Also, please include the send by date with any package sent or received.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Childrens Ongoing Wish Swap 6.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to its destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT; HOWEVER, YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX ITEMS FOR A CHILD.  You can join wanting to receive for a child other than your own.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.  Also site examples/links to tutorials/finished items, which helps A LOT.

(Please have your list ready, this swap can move very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.   

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.
***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a day, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or $20 worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous COWS rounds to see how an OWS works

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: mimiw

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: COWS 6
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name and address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)

To join our discussion:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285098.0

Round 1 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265258.0
Round 2 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268959.0
Round 3 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.0
Round 4 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283303.0
Round 5 gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283303.0
Round 6 gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285099.new
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 01:52:04 PM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009 01:43:11 PM »

Participants:
mimiw
teachingjonah
ribbitingboutique
rlynn
spectrumsparksie
brilor
vaab
Ruby Copperhead
norahkate

3 wishes:
teachingjonah
mimiw
brilor
Ruby Copperhead
norahkate

2 wishes:
ribbitingboutique

1 wish:
rlynn
spectrumsparksie
vaab

Blue-sent
Green-received
Orange- late with communication
Red- late with out communication-neg. feedback can be given.

Send by 1/16:
teachingjonah --> Catrinau for a dragon stuffie for Niko

Send by 1/17:
rlynn --> teachingjonah for an ispy bag for jonah and milo
ribbitingboutique --> rlynn for accessories and a box with goodies

Send by 1/18:
spectrumsparksie --> ribbiting boutique for chores organiser and super hero capes
brilor --> spectrumsparksie for some hair accessories for Emily and a transformer pillowcase for Will

Send by 1/25:
teachingjonah --> brilor for an ipod case for Jimmy, a fun hat for Sean and an alien stuffie for Tyler

Send by 1/27:
brilor --> teachingjonah for 2 Nintendo scarves

Send by 1/29:
rlynn --> brilor for surfer/skater jewelry for jimmy, something star wars related for sean, a long sleeved embellished tee for tyler, and surprises as time allows

Send by 1/31:
teachingjonah --> rlynn for a multiethnic doll, felt food and other goodies as time allows

Send by 2/4:
ANGEL: christinacoghill  --> teachingjonah for labeled notebooks and other items as time allows

Send by 2/5:
ribbitingboutique --> vaab for kids' stationery, coloring books, picture books, and some other goodies
mimiw --> ribbitingboutique for appliqued tees and some other goodies

Send by 2/10:
norahkate --> mimiw for a sleep sack and other goodies

Send by 2/11:
Ruby Copperhead --> norahkate for a mario mushroom hat

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009 04:32:16 PM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009 01:44:29 PM »

We'll start with Catrinau, the last list from COWS5...here's her list:

Hi!!  My name is Catrina and I'm the WAHM of 3 little boys in western NY.  They are rowdy and rambunctious.  Nothing stays clean very often, so whatever you do, don't make anything white! LOL Smiley

Timmy
is 4.  He wears a 6 pants and a 6/7 shirt.  Size 1 shoe.
   Likes: Transformers, Little Bill, Star Wars, Legos, pirates and anything robots.  His favorite color is orange.
Robot dolls
Some T-shirts
More Tshirts
Cool lunch bag
Reusable sandwich bags
Superhero stuffies
r2d2 finger puppet
robot zipper pulls
Any of these robots
star wars dolls
THIS AWESOME HAT!!!!
KNIT MITTENS
Stuffies or amigurimi made in his fave characters.
Pajama pants.
Starwars, pirates, cowboys, knights type costume/dress up stuff.
He is OBSESSED with puzzles, so anything to do with puzzles would be awesome.
A cool bank.

Niko
is 3.  He wears a size 4 pants and a 5 shirt.  Size 10 shoe.
   Likes: Spongebob, Diego, pirates, knights, horses and is obsessed with dragons and dinosaurs.  His favorite color is red.
A knight in armor
A shirt like this
Sock monkey
Superhero stuffies
dragon stuffie
dragon backpack
dragon hat
KNIT MITTENS
Something dragon related to hang on his wall.
Window clings in his fave characters.
Pajama pants.
A cool bank.

Adrian
is 2.  He wears a size 3 pants and a size 3 shirt.  Size 8 shoe.
   Likes: Dora (do you know how hard it is to find NON pink stuff that is Dora related?), trucks and tractors.  His favorite color is yellow, with a close second of orange.
Tractor crayons
Something like this outfit, but in Adrian's size.
Shirts with a gluten free message (Adrian has Celiac Disease ... so something with a "Silly Yak" would be cool too.)
Elmo towel
Superhero stuffies
pirate stuffie
knitted Boots from Dora
KNIT MITTENS
Wooden toys.
Pajama pants.
A cool bank.

I love all the superhero stuff from this store.  Anything for the boys made like something in there would be awesome!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 01:44:48 PM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachingjonah
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009 03:36:08 PM »

I am claiming Catrinau for a dragon stuffie for Niko and hopefully a couple extras if time allows.

1 claim, 0 sent, 0 received

My name is Julie and I have two boys.  We live in Ohio, USA.  My boys love receiving gifts in the mail that are made especially for them. 

Jonah:  7 years old and tall!  He wears 12-14 size clothes.  He loves video games and cartoons.  He really enjoys Mario Brothers and  is just starting to develop an interest in Star Wars and Legos.  He also likes football (Ohio State Buckeyes and Cincinnati Bengals are favorites)  He loves the Bone series of books by Jeff Smith.  He also loves dogs and has many of the stuffed variety.  Favorite color is blue.

Milo: 4 years old.  He wears a size 6/7 in most things.  He is very funny and active.  He also enjoys cartoons, but he really loves trains/cars/ trucks/ tools/ pirates  and tractors.  He enjoys small things he can carry around with him in his pockets or throw in a bag to carry everywhere.  He is really into cartoons on Noggin and Handy Manny on Disney.  He also likes play food and play money.  He likes dogs too, but prefers cats.  Favorite color is also blue. 

My husband is a hunter, so both boys also like things related to deer, so shirts with Buck appliques might be nice.

Both boys really enjoy the things Ive made for them and the things that others have crafted for them, so they will really appreciate anything you make them. 
Here are few ideas that they would both use and enjoy.

http://whipup.net/2008/01/31/tutorial-bath-bomb-surprise/  kid friendly bath bombs

http://whipup.net/2006/09/28/tissue-holder-tutorial/  It is cold season after all.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_5&listing_id=18813600  crochet car

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_1&listing_id=18847860 crochet airplane

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194155.0 Treasure Map Quilt (Milo would enjoy this more than Jonah)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259160.0 Lunch bag and sandwich wraps, but with boyish themes instead of flowers

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204022.0 cool boxes for storing their treasures and art supplies.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180192.0 Both boys wear glasses, so they could really use these.  Jonah would probably like one that looks like a puppy head or maybe Mario.  Milo would probably like a cat head or Handy Manny or Bob the Builder.
A Tshirt with an image of a clone trooper for Jonah 
Handmade checker board with checkers
Crayon or Colored pencil rolls
ispy bags

They both have unusual names, so it would be nice to have some labeled notebooks or other items that they can use, but not clothing.  It is freaky when strangers know your name. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009 08:12:12 AM by teachingjonah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009 10:43:22 AM »

I claiming teachingjonah for an ispy bag for jonah and milo and depending on time a few extras. Smiley

1 claim, 0 sent, 0 received

My name is Rlynn and I have one girl.  We live in Oregon, USA. 

Aria is a little over 9 months old.  She is a rambunctious, active girl who can barely stay still long enough to take a nap.  She loves soft fuzzy things and she loves fabric so clothing or scarves or blankets are sure to be a hit.

She is currently in size 12 month clothing, but its probably best to use 12-18 month clothing.  When in doubt, use weight, she is about 18lbs. She doesnt wear shoes often but I believe she is currently in an infant size 4.  Her wee lil head measures in at a little over 17 inches. 

We love fun color combos like orange and turquoise or light and hot pink.  We do not like Easter egg pastels or girly fashions like Barbie, bratz, or Disney princesses.  I love Tea Collection and Naartjie kids clothing lines so anything done in either style would be great.  I also like dandelions, trees, leaves, squirrels, owls, and birds.  Polka dots and stripes are a bit hit here.  I typically dress Aria in leggings with either a tunic or dress.  Comfort is the key for my active little baby.  She has a ton of hair so hair accessories are always a good thing. 

A few things we wouldnt mind having

Legwarmers ala babylegs
Tunics, tees, hoodies, or dresses (maybe with fun appliqus?)
Felt food
A fun fabric grocery bag to store play food like this -- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0
Cute boxes or totes to store her barrettes or toys
Stuffies
Multiethnic Dolls as in Asian, Latino, African American, etc

A few notes about the parents to give you some more ideas

Her daddy is a cook and wears all black.  I mean literally the man has a uniformblack t-shirt, black jeans, black shoes. 
Her momma is half Korean, a feminist, and is the handyperson around the house.  She is trying to raise her daughter to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobicyou get the picture.  Anything that supports these ideas will be greatly loved. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ribbitingboutique
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009 11:18:29 AM »

I claim rlynn for accessories and a box with goodies.

Claimed 1
Sent 0
Received 0

My name is Jessica and I live in Maryland USA with my family.  I am mom to three boys (5, 20 mo., and 3 months) and two naughty beagle mix girls.  I am also the proud wife of a police officer. 

Brett (5): 
Likes all superheroes, transformers, TMNT, police and firefighter related things, arts and crafts
Wishes for him--
-superhero cape
-lined or insulated lunch bag
-appliqued tees (Sz. 5/6)
-supplies for arts and crafts
-storage box/crate for his art supplies
-art smock
-chore sign like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_4&listing_id=11683395 can be made for all 3 boys-I have the cards
-door knob hanger or plaque
-journal

Spencer (20 months):
-superhero cape
-appliqued tees (Sz. 3/4)
-art smock
-fat crayons
-superhero doll/stuffie
-knitted hat

Elliott (3 months):
-superhero chenille baby bib
-appliqued tees or onesies (Sz. 3 mo.+)
-lovie blanket
-knitted hat

The boys are pretty happy about anything they receive Smiley
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009 08:04:23 PM by ribbitingboutique » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spectrumsparksie
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009 02:16:17 PM »

I claim ribbiting boutique for chores organiser and super hero capes. Plus anything else I get done in time.
Claimed 1
Sent 0
Received 0
Hi
My name is Carolyn and I live on the Mornington Peninsula, in Australia.  I am 38 years old and married to Mike and have 2 (usually) gorgeous kids, Emily 8, and Will (5).  We have a crazy Beagle called Nazzy to add to the mix.

Emily
Is 8 years old and thinks she is a teenager already.  She is obsessed with High School Musical, but still plays with her Bratz regularly.
   We have just started a new craft together, cross stitch, so she would love a cross stitch kit.
   Or a kit of a new craft to try.
   Hair accessories,  she really likes to wear Alice bands, so decorated bands like this would be a hit
http://www.a1occasions.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=287&zenid=57dccdb3718360fa1d5e6832176afeb4  (it needs to have the hard plastic inside, as ones that are just fabric slip off her hair)
   She is into collecting stickers, so would love any stickers.

William (Will)
Is 5 years old and is starting school in February.  He is full of mischief.  He loves Transformers  and Monsters ( and I dont mean Grover or Elmo I mean Minotaurs, and such like.  Dad is a D&D player)
Some things he would like
Something appliqud or stencilled with the transformers logos
http://www.buyadecal.com/images/autobotsweb.jpg
http://www.buyadecal.com/images/decepticon.jpg
Maybe a cushion with a logo on each side?  His room is decorated with orange and blue.
 Or a T-shirt size 6 Aussie kids size.  Or if you are a clever knitter or crocheter (is that even a word) a beanie with the logo.
A clever roll-up placemat type thing that we could take to restaurants and maybe get to eat a meal in peace.

having said all that we will just be so excited to receive as this is our first time swapping.
Cheers
Carolyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brilor
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009 04:21:12 PM »

Hi I claim Spectrumsparksie for some hair accessories for Emily and a transformer pillowcase for Will
Claim 1
0 sent
0 received

Hi my name is Lori and I live in Long Island, New york. 
 I have 3 boys...
Jimmy- age 13. He is tall and slim. He loves to listen to music, skateboard, and play xbox360.
He wears a pattern size 14 and retail size 14 bottoms
pj pants with a music, skulls(like tattoo looking fabric not pirate) or skateboard theme would be great.
a case for his Ipod touch made from felt or fabric would be very cool.
It also get pretty cold here in the winter so a knitted or crochet hat and scarf would keep him toasty
He would love some surfer/skater type necklaces or bracelets (the leather cord and it has a cool charm or shell or picture hanging from it) or something made out of hemp
A surprise- Anything that your good at making and think is age appropriate would be great!

My Sean- is age 7
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 in clothing. he loves star wars, dinosaurs, sharks, spongebob & Ben10
pj pants- any boy theme
Monster stuffies- some Ben 10 alien like stuffies would be awesome
a cool bank- any medium, just boyish would be good.
he plays basketball, so something with a basketball theme like pillow, pillow case, quilt, pencil case...
absolutely anything STARWARS and I mean anything.... He loves everything starwars related
draw string back pack like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_gallery_8&listing_id=14137083
A fleece hat like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15593864
a superhero cape like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_21&listing_id=14746917
( his brother received a rockin cape in COWS 2, so someones a little jealous) thanks again Sajona!
The bunkbed caddy like the one that CJKJ made would be great ( round 4 gallery)
A Surprise- Anything that your good at making and think is age appropriate would be great!

My Tyler is 6
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 (he's my little chunky monkey)
He loves skateboarding, Ben10 and everthing Disney.
pj pants- Disney theme of some sort would be nice.
stuffies- any type of fun monster or alien he just loves them! He still needs to sleep with something at night (shhh don't tell anyone)
he loves to wear hats! so any type of fleece, knitted or crochet animal or monster hat would be fun.
a long sleeved embellished shirt would be awesome.
some belts like these (All the way at the bottom) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268959.10
A surprise- Anything that your good at making and think is age appropriate would be great!

I also have a 2 1/2 year old niece Gabbie
Some felt food for her play kitchen (any) she has none
We Love! this baking set http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.60
Some girly barrettes would be nice
She Loves Tinkerbelle, so anything with a Tinkerbelle theme would be great.
I just love the little cupcake tee's in the round 4 gallery! one of those would be awesome!
A Surprise- Anything that your good at making and think is age appropriate would be great!

I just carried over the list from last round.... I will try and update later tonight. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachingjonah
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009 01:11:15 PM »

I claim Brilor for an ipod case for Jimmy, a fun hat for Sean and an alien stuffie for Tyler. 

2nd claim, 1 sent, 0 received

My name is Julie and I have two boys.  We live in Ohio, USA.  My boys love receiving gifts in the mail that are made especially for them. 

Jonah:  7 years old and tall!  He wears 12-14 size clothes.  He loves video games and cartoons.  He really enjoys Mario Brothers and  is just starting to develop an interest in Star Wars and Legos.  He also likes football (Ohio State Buckeyes and Cincinnati Bengals are favorites)  He loves the Bone series of books by Jeff Smith.  He also loves dogs and has many of the stuffed variety.  Favorite color is blue.

Milo: 4 years old.  He wears a size 6/7 in most things.  He is very funny and active.  He also enjoys cartoons, but he really loves trains/cars/ trucks/ tools/ pirates  and tractors.  He enjoys small things he can carry around with him in his pockets or throw in a bag to carry everywhere.  He is really into cartoons on Noggin and Handy Manny on Disney.  He also likes play food and play money.  He likes dogs too, but prefers cats.  Favorite color is also blue. 

My husband is a hunter, so both boys also like things related to deer, so shirts with Buck appliques might be nice.

Both boys really enjoy the things Ive made for them and the things that others have crafted for them, so they will really appreciate anything you make them. 
Here are few ideas that they would both use and enjoy.

http://whipup.net/2008/01/31/tutorial-bath-bomb-surprise/  kid friendly bath bombs

http://whipup.net/2006/09/28/tissue-holder-tutorial/  It is cold season after all.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_5&listing_id=18813600  crochet car

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_1&listing_id=18847860 crochet airplane

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194155.0 Treasure Map Quilt (Milo would enjoy this more than Jonah)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259160.0 Lunch bag and sandwich wraps, but with boyish themes instead of flowers

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204022.0 cool boxes for storing their treasures and art supplies.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180192.0 Both boys wear glasses, so they could really use these.  Jonah would probably like one that looks like a puppy head or maybe Mario.  Milo would probably like a cat head or Handy Manny or Bob the Builder. 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222688.msg2403910#msg2403910 Hanging wall organizer
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.msg3154814#msg3154814 Nintendo scarves.  They wouldn't have to be these exact characters.  Jonah likes Yoshi and Toad and the star and Milo really likes Fire Mario
Handmade checker board with checkers
Crayon or Colored pencil rolls
ispy bags Thanks rlynn Smiley

They both have unusual names, so it would be nice to have some labeled notebooks or other items that they can use, but not clothing.  It is freaky when strangers know your name. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009 05:16:22 AM by teachingjonah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

brilor
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009 08:34:57 AM »

I claim teachingjonah for 2 Nintendo scarves
2nd claim
0 sent, 0 received

Hi my name is Lori and I live in Long Island, New york. 
 I have 3 boys...
Jimmy- age 13. He is tall and slim. He loves to listen to music, skateboard, and play xbox360.
He wears a pattern size 14 and retail size 14 bottoms
pj pants with a music, skulls(like tattoo looking fabric not pirate) or skateboard theme would be great.
a case for his Ipod touch made from felt or fabric would be very cool.
Thanks teachingjonah
It also get pretty cold here in the winter so a knitted or crochet hat and scarf would keep him toasty
He would love some surfer/skater type necklaces or bracelets (the leather cord and it has a cool charm or shell or picture hanging from it) or something made out of hemp

My Sean- is age 7
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 in clothing. he loves star wars, dinosaurs, sharks, spongebob & Ben10
pj pants- any boy theme
Monster stuffies- some Ben 10 alien like stuffies would be awesome
a cool bank- any medium, just boyish would be good.
he plays basketball, so something with a basketball theme like pillow, pillow case, quilt, pencil case...
absolutely anything STARWARS and I mean anything.... He loves everything starwars related
draw string back pack like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_gallery_8&listing_id=14137083
A fleece hat like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15593864
Thanks teachingjonah
a superhero cape like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_21&listing_id=14746917
( his brother received a rockin cape in COWS 2, so someones a little jealous) thanks again Sajona!
The bunkbed caddy like the one that CJKJ made would be great ( round 4 gallery)

My Tyler is 6
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 (he's my little chunky monkey)
He loves skateboarding, Ben10 and everthing Disney.
pj pants- Disney theme of some sort would be nice.
stuffies- any type of fun monster or alien he just loves them! He still needs to sleep with something at night (shhh don't tell anyone)
thanks teachingjonah
he loves to wear hats! so any type of fleece, knitted or crochet animal or monster hat would be fun.
a long sleeved embellished shirt would be awesome.
some belts like these (All the way at the bottom) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268959.10

I also have a 2 1/2 year old niece Gabbie
Some felt food for her play kitchen (any) she has none
We Love! this baking set http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.60
Some girly barrettes would be nice
She Loves Tinkerbelle, so anything with a Tinkerbelle theme would be great.
I just love the little cupcake tee's in the round 4 gallery! one of those would be awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sesame Chicken Tidbits
How to Make Onion Rings
Sub Sandwich Recipe
Short Ribs Recipe
How to Make Boneless Breaded Chicken Leg Cajun Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...