A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vinyl Tile Backsplash  (Read 8736 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunapooka
« on: January 01, 2009 08:13:42 AM »

So, it took us about 3 years, but this summer my fiance and I were able to move into the apartment we've been rennovating.  It's the 2nd floor of a brick building built around 1867.  This is one of the projects I finished this summer that I am most proud of.  I wanted a backsplash, but I didn't have the time, the money or the motivation to do it in tile.  I stumbled upon this idea somewhere deep in the internet and I thought I'd give it a try.  I found the perfect vinyl tile in a small pattern in neutral colors at Lowes and bought a box.  Here is how it turned out:

We moved in in August, so I've been using it for a few months.  It's holding up quite well and just as I had hoped it's easy to wipe clean.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  People compliment it all the time.  It looks so much more expensive than it really is.  The whole thing cost me less than $50.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a house with a craft room!
QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009 10:09:26 AM »

It looks fantastic! Nice job!

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
grendelsmom
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009 02:48:31 PM »

It looks terrific!  I bought some not too long ago with the same intention; just haven't got to doing it yet (we live in the place, it's HARD to work on the kitchen!).  I hope mine comes out half as pretty as yours did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lunapooka
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009 07:50:58 PM »

Thanks so much for the positive feedback.  I really lucked out when I found that tile.  It was just perfect for the kitchen.  I haven't seen anything I've even remotely liked since then. 

Grendelsmom- It is really very easy to do.  I had it finished in a day and a half and it's a rather long counter with a lot of outlets to cut around and I even took it inside the window sill over my sink.  Just make sure you have a good utility knife and plenty of blades.  It's so much easier to cut with a fresh blade.  I did have to use liquid nail to get it to stick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a house with a craft room!
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009 10:35:21 PM »

I like this a lot, it looks great!  I have been thinking about doing my back splash for a while now, I just can never get the ambition to order the stuff and just do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
African American Hair: Mohawk Hairstyle, Foxy Rihanna Mohawk
Hair Highlighting Tips - Aftercare
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Hair Highlighting Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...