A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Years owl cupcakes  (Read 1491 times)
Tags for this thread: cupcake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« on: January 01, 2009 06:40:49 AM »

So last night while most couples were out drinking on the town, my Hubby and I stayed home and made cupcakes Smiley (yes and drank). How lucky am I? My Hubby completely took me by surprise by how into decorating them he was.

Recipe/design is from Hello, Cupcake! Seriously folks if you haven't got this book yet you're missing out. These were so much fun I can't wait to make the rest of the book.

And a close up

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 06:43:28 AM by lady4feet - Reason: I'm an idiot and hit the wrong button » THIS ROCKS   Logged

threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009 06:48:14 AM »

Ha! Ha!  Those are a hoot!  (groan...)  Really, I love them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KMOM13
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009 08:11:18 AM »

They are so sweet (pun intended) and the faces are so innocent looking.  I had never heard of the book "Hello, Cupcake!" but will check it out.

What a wonderful way (and memory to cherish) for you and your hubbing to welcome in the New Year's Eve creating an edible work of art together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcook72677
I fink you freeky

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009 08:36:09 AM »

Too cute!  How awesome is that when your husband/boyfriend helps with baked goods?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade and vintage goodness!
www.gibsgoods.etsy.com
Kaissa
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009 01:05:04 PM »

Those are so cute! I have the book Hello, Cupcake as well! I have been wanting to try the owl ones for a while!  Yours turned out so cute I may have to try it!  What a fun way to spend New Year's Eve!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsayrose
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009 05:14:42 PM »

Oh wow! I have totally been on a cupcake kick lately. Drawing them, eating them, craving them... etc. These are SO adorable. I love creative ideas like this. They came out beautifully. And at least you got sweets out of the evening! I fell asleep at 10!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009 10:32:35 PM »

These are so cute!  I keep hearing about this book, I need to just get a copy already!  I am such a sucker for cupcakes  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009 07:26:05 AM »

Thanks for the compliments guys. They were a lot of fun. I got the book for Christmas from my Hubby and I think he thought I was a bit nuts but now he's hooked, lol. He's already told me which ones he wants to do next.

skankamaggot ~ go get the book! Well if you're really good at cake decorating and things like that then you could probably figure out how to do them on your own but if your new at it then the book would be a real help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009 07:02:33 AM »

skankamaggot ~ go get the book! Well if you're really good at cake decorating and things like that then you could probably figure out how to do them on your own but if your new at it then the book would be a real help.

I'm not sure if I'd say I'm "good" at it but it's something I enjoy!  I will definitely pick this up next time I get an amazon coupon  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrities Hit the Beach in Their Bikinis
Top 10 Ways to Wear a Little Black Dress
Top 8 New Year’s Eve Looks for Any Age
Top 3 Ways to Wear Nautical Stripes For Fall
Christmas Day Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...