A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: semi-noob question about attaching new yarn to previously held stitches?!  (Read 308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2008 09:31:29 PM »

so after getting bored with crochet because i can now do it with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back (haha what a feat), i decided to take up knitting. i've been doing it for maybe two years now, but until just now, the thought of branching out beyond scarves and hats terrified me. i taught myself how to do cables before christmas and having this week completely free of responsibilities, i decided to tackle these knit-flat fingerless handwarmers in the "101 designer one skein wonders" book - the hugs and kisses with love ones. and other than the pattern being written kind of vaguely, i'm proudly succeeding without frustration.

but i was reading ahead in the pattern and i realized that soon i'm going to have to stick the thumb stitches on a stitch holder and finish up the body of the hand part and then finish knitting the thumb. and then it occured to me... how do i start knitting with new yarn on those thumb stitches?? i'm sure the answer is plain and simple but i just can't picture it. help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008 09:45:21 PM »

It is simple - just start knitting with the new strand. Leave about a 3" tail and you weave it in later. The first row or 2 of sts it may seem loose, but you can pull the tail to tighten it up and it won't come unraveled.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Blanket Stitch
How to Create Your Own Party Bag
How to Sew Your Own Personalized Apron
How to Sew a Cute Little Purse
How to Fold a Table Napkin into a Rose
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...