A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,094
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: any french/living in france craftsters?  (Read 13882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ciena
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009 10:45:06 AM »

Hello !!!

I live in France. Carpentras exactly.
Nadia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*heartsless_witch*
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010 11:11:24 AM »

hi everyone !

I'm also a french here on this incredible forum !

I live in Bordeaux...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010 02:13:00 AM »

hello!

i'm an Englishgirl living in Versailles (16km south-west of Paris) and have been here for a year...i agree about prices, it's bloody expensive over here  Cheesy  i too get all my fabric, notions and stash shipped over from UK/US, although i got some great cheapish yarn for crochet from Phildar.

does anyone know of any good tattoo artists in Paris or France?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010 12:19:31 PM »

bonjour, just updating as I''ve moved to Vercors last summer and not in Annecy any more.

Anybody in VERCORS ?  :-P  (je suis à Lans)

Sylv
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
Tabikat89

"Oh you can't be that" said the cat...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010 02:40:12 PM »

Did NOT know this little corner of Craftster existed!  Cheesy

I'm from Brest in Brittany, I'm currently living in Lyon for summer work but will be moving back to Brest to move in with my boyfriend (who is from Paris) in a matter of days!

I also have family that live in Guingamp and friends that live pretty much all over the place. Tongue

I did a BEP métiers de la mode et industries connexes (technical diploma of the studies of fashion and connected industries) at school followed by a baccalauréat artisanat et metiers de l'art (baccalaureat of hand crafts and studies of art). I also attempted one year in BTS industrie but ending up quitting in a rather spectacular fashion after an upsetting trip to the Armorlux factory.

However (yes this is my life story right here) my amazing boyfriend convinced me to have a go at the entry exams for Beaux arts earlier this year. Never in a million years did I think I'd get the chance to go but 2010 has been my lucky year so far *touches every available piece of wood to hand* and that's where I'm heading in September.

My design teacher says its in my blood and with a last name like Weaver I guess there wasn't a hope in hell that I wouldn't turn out to be a raving mad crafter!

I don't claim to be good, just passionate.

Anyway back on track. I would be very excited to partake in some colissimo swaps (french bulky mail boxes) and/or just general banter about how crafting is a rich womans game in france!

I'm a dabbler. I'll give anything a go!

looking forward to meeting fellow frenchie crafters!

P.S. I don't like speaking french on an english forum. I find it highly obnoxious. Mais si vraiment vous voulais parler en français, PM moi et je reponderais sans le moindre de souci sauf avec beaucoup de faute de grammaire!!!
 I've lived in France for seven years. I'm franco-anglaise. Niether language is perfect! Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Machine a coudre de Merdeuh !!
tarmine626

Sorry for my broken English I'm French :)

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010 07:32:08 AM »

Hi everybody!
I'm french too. I'm living near Paris (Essonne, 91) since 2003, but in my heart I'm still a provincial, because I'm coming from Lyon.
I discovered crochet and amigurumi last year, and since I never stopped crochetting for myself, friends orders, birthdays or Xmas gifts Smiley
Usually I buy yarn and crafting stuff in big stores like "Truffaut", "Cultura", "Pic Wik". But also in haberdashery, even if it's more expensive. I also look on the internet to buy abroad but I have not tried it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
asmithchoxy
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2011 09:56:58 AM »

Salut,

I'm an American who's been living on & off in Paris for a year and a half now. With my small apartment in the 20th (and a grumpy boyfriend), it's been hard to do much crafting, but I seem to be getting more & more projects off the ground in the last few months (mostly t-shirt printing/painting, but hopefully soon ceramics and sewing).

I've also accumulated some good addresses for thrifting & craft supply so I'll add 'em to the other threads. But until then here's a pretty awesome map that I recently found: http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&msa=0&msid=205287708791260511388.0004997f4d7983c76a6eb&ll=48.861553,2.345238&spn=0.112933,0.245132&z=12&source=embed

I'm hoping to go to the Rendez-vous Créateurs (sponsored by http://www.desfillesenaiguille.com/) with my neighbors this week-end. Any one else attending?

I'm happy to finally stop lurking on Craftster & have something rather useful to share. Also I'm looking for some space in a kiln in Paris or a studio/art space to join, if anyone has any advice. I'd love to meet up for thrifting, crafting, or a drink!

--Ani

p.s. If you're still looking for a tattoo artist, Le Mieux, I know an amazing one who did mine. His shop isn't in Paris, but Nano is really good & one of the nicest people I know. http://www.viva8tattoos.com/

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ivablu1
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011 08:26:30 AM »

At the moment, i am on a home exchange in beaulieu, a village near montpellier, for 6 months!! I usually live in new zealand, so im trying to improve my french:)
I have been into montpellier a few times, but cant seem to find any crafty/scrapbooking stores.................. If anybody knows of any, it would be really helpfull!!!:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If somebody offers you a lifetime supply of candy and there is only one piece; dont eat it, its probably poisoned.

I like to name my ipod "titanic" so when it says "syncing titanic" i click cancel, and it makes me feel like a hero:)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Save the Workspace Settings in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Change the Workspace Color in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Different Color Spaces in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Optimize the Color Setting in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Setup Preferences in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...