A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wine bottles  (Read 23238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paigepatchouli
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2008 03:00:35 PM »

I'm really excited about this bottle path/garden/walkway idea but i can't quite wrap my head around the mechanics of it. Can someone post a link or a picture? Also, I drink 1-3 vitamin waters a day so i'm looking for somthing to do with the bottles/labels.
I'm thinking the table is a good idea but again, i'd probably need a tute. Cheesy

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Paige
txowlen
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2008 09:15:28 PM »

I used wine bottles to make "lamps" and gave them as inexpensive gifts to family and friends. This is how I did it.

1. Wash empty bottle and remove labels.
2.  Allow bottle to dry completely--especially inside.
3.  Purchase a string of 20 or 50 "single strand" small Christmas lights.  I used all white with green wire because my bottles were green.  You need to buy the kind that only connect or have a plug at one end in order for it to fit through the top of the bottle.
4.  Feed the lights into the bottle.  Use a wooden spoon handle to push them down, but be careful not to break the bulbs.
5.  Leave enough cord (without lights) extending from the neck of the bottle to easily reach your electrical outlet.
6.  You can tie a ribbon or bow around the top to decorate it and secure the cord that is coming out of the top.  The ribbon/bow is optional.  It will work fine without it.
7.  Plug in and enjoy.  It looks really great on a kitchen or bar counter top.

CAUTIONARY NOTE!!!!  The lights can generate quite a bit of heat and make the bottle hot.  Be sure to check the bottle occasionally while plugged in.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
serendipity3_82
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2008 02:43:21 PM »

Has anyone here mentioned finding a bottle cutting kit?  My mom had one and you could make vases and votive candle holders....all sorts of stuff.

If you are a homeowner, you could do what they do in the south and start a bottle tree. The thought was evil spirits were attracted to the glass and would get caught in the bottle and would leave the family alone.  Here's a picture to give you an idea... http://www.dallasartsrevue.com/ArtSpaces/Tours/wrlast06/JR46617-bottle-tree.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
killercurls
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2008 07:33:19 AM »

Oh! I might have to do some of these! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2008 09:27:18 AM »

I'm really excited about this bottle path/garden/walkway idea but i can't quite wrap my head around the mechanics of it. Can someone post a link or a picture? Also, I drink 1-3 vitamin waters a day so i'm looking for somthing to do with the bottles/labels.
I'm thinking the table is a good idea but again, i'd probably need a tute. Cheesy

<3

I hadn't quite thought of the mechanics.  It just was an idea that came out of the top of my head.  I would think that you could dig a trench deep enough to let some of the bottle stick out of the top, and then fill it back in with the dirt you dug the trench out of. 

THat probably doesn't help, but I hadn't gotten to the how, just the idea of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Way To Create The Beach Hair Look
Choosing The Right Sunglasses For Your Face Shape
Rules Of Thumb For Hair Color
The Most Fashionable Raincoat
Style Tricks To Slimming Arms
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...