A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wine bottles  (Read 23685 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happyperson
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2005 05:41:26 PM »

I saw some cheeseboards that were made from melted glass bottles.  Check out some pics:
link
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
    -Aristotle
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2005 06:21:20 PM »

I keep hearing that it's not a scary as it seems... maybe I will try it.. I just get a bit antsy when I think about it. Undecided

Thanks for the tips!
Yous should definitely try it...wear gloves / goggles if ya want a little extra safety.  Its pretty cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2005 06:52:35 PM »

I saw some cheeseboards that were made from melted glass bottles.  Check out some pics:
link

dood, I love those cheese boards... when I was younger we used to drink and throw our beer bottles into the campfire, and discoverd that candle wax on the bottles would melt the bottles into funny shapes, we used to pretend we were really cool glass blowers and poke them with sticks and make cool melted bottle thingys.... so I guess that there's gotta be a way to translate that into those cool cheese board things, you could make them into distorted shapes and maybe press glass beads into them and make vases too??? hope you figure this one out... I sure would love to see what you come up with, I <3 glass stuff!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
all_things_nifty
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2006 09:03:52 PM »

Clean the bottles out really well (so they don't smell like wine) and layer those shiny bead necklaces that you can get at the dollar store. I think they're called Mardi Gras beads.

I would use the necklaces as opposed to regular beads so that the layers wouldn't melt into each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cross my heart

forget regret or life is yours to miss

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2006 09:17:58 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76966.0

this is an AMAZING thing to do with those wine bottles and i absolutely love it Cheesy
i guess you cant make too many of them but it would still be cool to make a few
good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LRS
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2006 04:31:18 PM »

You can use wine bottles and concrete to make a garden wall or the base for an outdoor table. 

The Tinkertown Museum in New Mexico has at least one wall made this way.  On their website, you'll see a close up.  You can see that the bottles are alternated, with the neck showing on some and the bottom showing on others.  I don't know the exact method to do this, but it does look great.  I suppose you'd make up small batches of concrete and add a row or two of bottles every day or so. 

LRS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bags & purses:  Elaress.etsy.com
fabric bowls & boxes: ElaressAtHome.etsy.com
radio show/webcast:  www.FrugalYankee.com
charmcity
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2006 03:22:12 PM »

If I had a large enough yard, and drank enough wine, I'd embed them in the dirt,, bottoms up, as edging for a path.  You would do it flush with the ground, so you'd just see the round bottoms, like tiles along either side.  They could also be used to edge gardens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ankareeda
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2007 03:08:43 PM »

I do wine tastings and I have dozens of empty wine bottles, different sizes, shapes and colors.  Does anyone have an idea of what I can do with them?  My roommates have already made enough candle holders to light the whole house and we're out of ideas.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"No physician is really good before he has killed one or two patients."  ~Hindu Proverb
MAmadurk
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2007 07:41:23 PM »

I saw a tree in someone's side yard once that was all decorated with blue bottles.  Not like hung from a wire or a hanger or anything---just stuck the branch into the opening of the bottle.  It was pretty cool looking.

Do you have a glass cutting kit? (I wanted one so badly for Christmas one year when I was a kid!)  Cut the necks off and make cups, bowls--little ones!-- vases.

Drop some potting soil and seeds in and see if they grow?

Make seasonal decorations by painting or otherwise embellishing? (I saw a magazine article that showed pumpkin decorations out of (shorter) jars by wrapping with yarn.)

Break them up for mosaics?

I'm spent.  Anyone else???

MAmadurk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't consider myself a book collector.  I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe.   -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books.  -Thomas Jefferson
Under_the_Rose
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2007 06:19:50 PM »

ive seen people use wine bottles as borders in gardens before.... pretty much you just dig a hole deep enough to put in the bottle and leave the bottom showing and you just keep going with more bottles...its really pretty
it looks like this

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I myself, am Heaven and Hell
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Miniaturize Picture Using Photoshop
Photoshop Basics: Correcting White Balance
How to Stitch Together a Panoramic Photo
How to Rotate a Video Clip
How to Choose Colors for Powerpoint
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...