A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soda cans??  (Read 7838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HardCandy
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005 10:31:37 AM »

how do you make bracelets out of cans?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiaSedona
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005 08:39:33 PM »

hey, thanks for all the great ideas!  Grin

HardCandy, the way i make the bracelets is to cut around the side of the can to get a long strip, about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. then i folded in the edges so i wouldn't cut myself wearing it! put black electrical tape along the inside. finally i used velcro to hold the bracelet together, but you can add snaps if you know how. did that make sense? moderately? well. i hope you can figure it out.

i think i'm going to try making a mobile, i'd never thought to do that. sounds pretty!

- Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005 09:34:26 PM »

God, I love craftster, only here could you ask what to do with soda cans and get such a creative, amazing array of answers.....hmmmmm I love you all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
lmr624
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005 04:05:39 PM »

I bought something made from a diet Coke can as it is my beverage of choice.  I saw a whole fleet of little airplanes at Venice beach- some were from soda cans, some from beer cans.  I don't know how they were made- clearly more than one went into each plane, maybe up to 3 per plane, cut into pieces and folded into shapes then assembled.  The style was kind of Kitty Hawk plane... the old school style, not a modern airline plane.  The front propeller turns in the wind!  I'll bet that these are still being sold there- maybe someone who lives in LA could scout it out for you and send you one, or send pictures.  I don't have a digital camera or I'd send a picture myself.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sciurism

Roji Panty Complex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005 07:39:19 PM »

In issue #10 of ReadyMade, they use a soda can as a cover for a light switch cover.  Sort of fold the flattened out can over the existing cover and screw back in place.  I can take pictures of the magazine if it doesn't make sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

braintwins design -- www.braintwins.com
fitz28
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005 01:38:38 PM »

I still have to try this, but i was thinking of making string lights with soda cans. I wanted to cut shapes out of the top and bottom, put those tiny christmas lights in them (white ones) and decorate them w/ fabric and ribbon and stuff. I wanna see if the shape shows up on the wall or something too. Anyway, just an idea.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Heewack
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2005 05:28:47 PM »

I have always wanted to find a process to perserve an aluminum can into a permanent cup.  I have considered slicing the top off and dipping it in resin.  I am not sure if that is "food-safe."

Anyone have any idea on how to perserve a can with a strong clear coat that you could drink out of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schi118
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005 08:50:43 PM »

holy wow, heewack!  i'm going to be looking into the resin idea, that would be the best set of tumblers ever!!

i've wanted to make a side table with orange and grape soda cans... i wish i could remember where i saw what inspired me, but either nailing down small pieces with finishing nails, or bending the edges to hook into each other bouth sound like good ways to do it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OCEANofAWESOME

Life, It's Just Something You Do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2005 08:54:41 PM »

wow f1focus - that mirror is cool! Shocked  I have a small ikea mirror that is similar in shape that i may try that out on...thanks for the great idea
  I second the sweetness of that mirror!!! It's AHHH-Mazing!   Shocked  Just be sure to wear gloves when trying to cut or really mess with pop cans; they can cut the dicken's out of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Next Time that Star Shoots Across the sky...(think amongst yourselves)
http://www2.gvsu.edu/~swanso01/
danger.kitty
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2005 09:39:18 PM »

I second the sweetness of that mirror!!! It's AHHH-Mazing!     Just be sure to wear gloves when trying to cut or really mess with pop cans; they can cut the dicken's out of you.

I am over halfway through this project...I will take pics once it is done.  I will admit that I haven't worn gloves at all for this project or any other times that I've worked with soda cans and I have never cut myself *knocks on wood*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brush Mixing Leaf Green
How to Recognize Value and Temperature of Color When Brush Mixing
How to Brush Mix
How to Brush Mix Leaf Colors
Owl Painting - Watercolor Wildlife Art in Miniature
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...