A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
876 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Second Chance Wishlist  (Read 24229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sixblueirises
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009 06:58:32 AM »

Hello! I'm relatively newly married, and live in Florida. (United States) I love anything girly, retro, and brightly colored. I mostly embroider, but do some sewing. I have been wanting to start quilting and try stamp making. I've also started making a yo-yo quilt. (My hubby is predicting that I will never finish it.  Cheesy )  My little sister has just taken up jewelry making, and I am thrilled to encourage her crafty-ness. 

I'm not allergic to anything, but I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarette smoke.

Anything from my wist is always appreciated! www.wists.com/sixblueirises

Large items:
clutch purse (or really any purse)
alice necklace like the one in my wist
embellished t-shirts for me or hubby
pretty much any jewelry
couch arm embroidery organizer
apron

Medium items:
cupcake pincushion
strawberry pincushion
any pretty organizational items for kitchen, papers, or craft stuff
embroidered tea towels or napkins     
pretty drawer pulls
cute place mats/ potholders

Small items:
scraps for quilting
cotton batting
fat quarters of brightly colored fabric with a retro feel
embroidery transfers
earrings
wristlet pincushion
stamp making kit
any beads/jewelry making supplies

Thanks for looking! I often leave items off a list like this, so I am certainly open to things I haven't listed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009 07:01:15 AM by sixblueirises » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love instant gratification almost as much as I love parentheses!
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009 03:35:31 PM »

I've Updated my list a bit, it was a little tricky to write it and some stuff has changed ever so slightly Smiley

I love receiving things that are crafted, I just don't know anyone in my day to day life that is willing to craft for me, I appreciate things that are made with me in mind and that had love put into them.  If you love what you do, and have fun doing it, it's almost a guarantee that I will love what you send Smiley

a little bit about me, I live in the United states and I am a military wife, a mom of 2 and have been married for 12 years (love him more than words can say)  I am a webmaster and image/marketing consultant.  (I know I get geekier and geekier!)  I love crafting and have been crafting longer than any other activity in life.  I however feel guilty when I craft something to keep myself.  I have a great sense of humor and am a very friendly person with a serious nerdy side that I attempt to keep hidden, lol. 

I don't like the color purple, and could do without anything kawaii, don't like glitter or things that are overly sparkly, I don't wear jewelry.  I' am allergic to un-neutered male cats (particularly ones allowed to go in and out doors), base metals and I have very sensitive skin,  I find textures to be the most irritating as they actually rip my skin off so things need to be soft (particularly yarn things anything too rough like super saver type yarns actually rubs my skin raw when I touch it)  some acrylics are fine like caron simply soft (and simply soft eco) & red heart soft types and even vanna's choice is ok.

My absolute favorite yarns are naturallycaron.com Spa & country.  I love contemporary prints, and things that are stylized, I adore the colors rust orange, cream, fresh green, teal, aqua, esp when these colors are combined with chocolate brown.

My wishlist:

Large items:

a quilt in color combos of teals, fresh greens, cream and chocolate possibly baby pink in there too love florals and geometrics or even solids.  just something to cuddle with on the sofa with my daughter or son. Contemporary prints over traditional. though I think it's fun to mix a little bit of everything.

A crazy quilt made  in random styles, and random colors.  I love the chaotic aspect of classic quilting.

An afghan (crochet or quilted) big enough to cuddle under, in orange, teals, fresh greens cream and chocolate. 

a pet bed big enough to fit a newfie (giant breed dog 170 pounds of love) I would happily stuff one myself I just don't have the time to sew such.  in fleece most likely but no overly cute prints (fall colors would be best like dark red, chocolate brown or dark rusty orange) my one dog sleeps with my daughter the other on the sofa, would like to break him of that Smiley

a sweater like this one: love it in yellow but would be more apt to wear it often in a brown (speaks to the girly mr. Rogers in me) sleeves would need to be 24" long vs 21" as shown in the pattern, shoulder to hem would need to be 23" I have a long torso and arms.
http://indieknits.wordpress.com/patterns-2/patterns/

a set of 3 monochromatic tree paintings that are 7" x 7" in size any medium even pen and ink would be cool think trees in fall with no leaves, photos in black and white, or grayscale would be ideal Smiley

handknit socks I wear a ladies size 10 and my foot is rather narrow

An umbrella style yarn swift. 

Medium items:

a niddyknoddy

hats in general, I tend to really love hats Smiley  And I wear hats 80% of the year (even been known to sleep in a beanie)

a hat like this from my wists in chocolate or spring green
http://wists.com/gothchics/9a0fda0a8a147c5cddfedd11661ba75b?offset=0

Hat like this one in chocolate, cream or black
http://wists.com/gothchics/c674dcce6ff0531858a94a0aef7f6245?offset=60

hat like this one in chocolate, cream, teal or spring green
http://wists.com/gothchics/7478af98857b4c6311972b04c8adb86f?offset=40

a cute scarf in chicago bears colors. girly would be cool

hand warmers in black for my husband in a soft wool blend.  nothing overly fancy he does have larger hands I can measure them if someone wants me to

A small purse big enough to carry my keys (PT Cruiser) Phone (Samsung can't remember the model like a razr but slightly thicker), a tube of lipbalm and a stack of 10 cards. with a little zippered compartment for change.

Gloves like this for me in pretty much any solid color
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=110&d_id=10&lang=en

Knit Yoga pants in a Juniors size small I'm not print picky but love me some soft pants for lounging Smiley

zippered hoodie with venture bros, robot chicken or frisky dingo stenciling on it (even a long sleeve shirt would be cool) I'm a huge Adult swim nerd, and pretty much watch everything that comes on in the wee hours of morning

a pretty cabled scarf from SWS yarns

Scarves in general from soft yarns I really love scarves

Calorimetry in neutral colors (black, brown, cream, or deep teal blue)

a pretty sophisticated girl apron like this one:
http://wists.com/gothchics/617e43977f3e5304b33097b523a0293a?offset=0

Small items:

a sewing machine cover just something simple to keep the dust out of my older machine (a Janome 9000)

boxers sewn in a size 4 for little boys

pot holders or oven mits my kitchen is spring green with maple cabinetry other than that no real theme going on in there (dishes are cream with retro rounded corner aqua and spring green rectangles)

Pretty 18" pillow covers (I have the inner pillow bits, but haven't gotten around to making covers) Primarily rusty orange, spring (fresh) green, cream and deep chocolate (for my livingroom)

set of fabric coasters in home depot orange, espresso, teal and cream prints would be awesome but I'm really not picky Smiley

sewing notions, can never seem to have enough bias tape or piping or zippers in 7-11 inch lengths

little twilight series inspired things or things inspired by charlie the unicorn for my teenage daughter not sure what

Pretty little knitted or crocheted coffee cozies (the type with a button on them) for my mugs.

Stuffies for my dogs (they are big boys, so toys need to be fairly good sized (like 8" tall is what they usually play with) but not heavily detailed, because well they love to love on their babies, and they play hard

sets of cotton washcloths, small type like 3.5" to 4" squares that are done in single crochet or garter knitting, my daughter and I love these for washing our faces

soft pretty yarns but no super saver types due to my delicate (and fragile) skin.

paper punches in big shapes even used is ok 1" to 3" preferably

cotton fabrics for quilting any size pieces really I love to crazy quilt so even odd shapes are ok

fibers for spinning, I have a wheel and love to spin (would love some firestar, and some of the weird novelty fibers)

Sewing notions - zippers, D-rings, bias tape, piping, machine needles, spools of thread etc... are always appreciated (and go fast here!)

I love postcards from different places

I have quite a few things in my wists too, and honestly really love surprises, I'd only hope that if you choose me you'll have fun crafting for me Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009 04:11:05 AM by GothChics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
indigo_roses
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009 05:12:28 PM »

Hi! First off, I live in the United States. I'm a junior in college majoring in elementary education, and will be student teaching in the fall. The main craft that I do is crochet. I can't knit though, and love to receive knitted items.

Things I like: green is my favorite color, followed by blue. I also like almost any combination with chocolate brown (ex. teal/brown, green/brown, pink/brown). I am also obsessed with Harry Potter, and would squee if you sent me something HP-related. (On my LJ is a long post describing my Harry Potter tastes if you would like to craft something HP for me). I'm also a Disney fan. I like their animated classics up to (and including) Tarzan, but I'm not to fond of much after that.

Things I don't like/don't need: Don't like the color orange. At all. Or the color pink if it is by itself. I don't really need any more scarves, unless it is the knitted entrelac one described below. I'm not a fan of skulls, pin-up girls, dolls, floral prints, or shrinky-dink jewelry. I also don't really care for handmade soap/bath products, and would not use them. 

If you aren't sure if I'd like something, or would like to know sizes for something, feel free to ask! And thanks in advance if you decide to craft for me!

My wishlist:

my wist can be found at http://www.wists.com/indigo_roses and I would love to receive anything on it!

Large items:
-knitted socks (I wear US womens size 9 shoe) (acrylic yarn please, need to be able to throw them in a washing machine)
-quilted handbag (about 12"x10", like this by Vera Bradley, but smaller)
- long knitted entrelac scarf in navy and grey (Ravenclaw colors)

Medium items:
- hand-dyed roving (could be considered a large/small depending on the amount sent)
- sophisticated necklaces suitable for student teaching (no gold)
- stenciled Harry Potter shirts like those on my wist
- amigurumi polar bear made using brushed cotton (such as those made by wibit)
- cloth reusable grocery bags (especially like the ones that can fold into themselves)

Small items:
- tree of life pendant
- silver jewelry findings
- lampwork beads
- felt needle book
- fabric paint in non-traditional colors (excluding black, which is acceptable)
- buttons (Im new to sewing, so my button stash is non-existant)
- fun fabrics (could be a medium depending on size) (quilters cotton)
- fun yarn (but not boucle or fun fur, that stuff doesnt like me)
- earrings made with tiny polymer clay food charms
- sewing notions such as bias tape, elastic, extra bobbins
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009 08:16:46 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
stitch81
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009 07:43:46 AM »

My name is Melanie.  I am a 27 year old SAHM of 3 children so clutter comes with the territory.  I prefer to receive things that have a use over purely decorative things.  Items to help with organization are always welcome!   I love reading, sewing, and crafting.  I live on a farm in Iowa and hate the cold snowy season!  Love fall.  I have 2 cats who think they own the place and my husband has a few hundred fish (he breeds them and sells them).  I love traveling, but hate the driving involved.  If you are crafting for me or my family, please keep items G-rated.no scary skulls, profanity, or other potentially offensive items.  We are a smoke free family, and prefer to not receive items from a smoking home (smokey smells give me breathing troubles).  There are no other allergy issues.

As far as size goes... I hate to put things into a category.  What may be a large for me, may not be for someone else etc.  So, here is my wish list, and I'll let you be the judge of what you feel is a large, medium, or small.  Be sure to check out my wists as I have a lot of goodies there that I would love to recieve!

*Fabric placematsfor a  setting of 5  (Love deep red colors-my dining room is done in browns) (wists)

*Knitted or crocheted hats, preferably charcoal, oatmeal, or black colors (something that will go with anything) There is a picture of one in my wists, it has a bit of a brim on it,  but it shows a kid size, I would like an adult sized

*knitted or crocheted socks, preferably charcoal,oatmeal, black, burgundy or hunter green colors.  Wear a size 9 US.  Would love them to come to mid-calf length.

*resin jewelry check out my wists for some ideasdont have to be exactly like what is pictured there.

*reusable shopping bags that are patterned after the plastic ones.

*stenciled/bleached/or other styles of decorated t-shirts (or long sleeved t-shirts-it's COLD here now) keep them G-rated as I have small kiddos.  Some theme ideas.. Love House MD, NCIS, CSI, SURVIVOR, BECOMING JANE, PRIDE & PREJUDICE, and craftster themed stuff  Oh I wear a size small.  The following pertains to CLOTHING ONLYIm not a fan of pastels, browns, blues, oranges, yellows, or neons.  I do like, burgundies, hunter greens, purples, black,white or heather gray is just fine, and darker redsnot the bright reds

*Skeleton socks from my wists LOVE THESE!!!

*A combination crochet hook and knitting needle roll

*anything from my wists  www.wists.com/stitch81

*hand painted pictures for my wallslove cherry blossums, Asian themes.., anything Thomas Kinkade-like.  Husband is a huge Boston Red sox fan (our bedroom is decorated in Boston Red Soxlol).

*amigurmi cats that look like my catsremember those toys a while back that had the big heads and little bodies? That is what I like.  I can provide pics of my cats

*aprons full-style

*table runner type thing that I will use for the top of my craft cabinetsize preference is 18 inches x 4 ft. No dangles though, the cats will attack them! Lol.

*any kind of dangly earrings

I have 3 kids, 2 girls ages 8 & 7, and one boy age 4.  If you have something that you like to make that the kids would love, feel free... the girls are still big into princesses, and my son is all boy...bugs, dirt, trucks, trains, you name it, he loves it!

If you have anything you that would love to make for me, but I dont have it listedfeel free!  I love swapping because it gives me the opportunity to receive things that I cant make myself, and also to enjoy the different styles of the people who are crafting for me!  All I ask is that items be kept g-rated!  Thanks! And if you are the one choosing meThank you sooooo much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009 08:30:45 AM »

i am a 23 year old college student, working on my masters in English Literature. i currently live with my parents due to a few surgeries/health issues. i knit a LOT, embroider/cross-stitch, work a bit with paper, make jewelry, and am starting to learn more and more crafts!

My wishlist:
i'm pretty easy to please! i love the 50's, rockabilly style, and i wish i had the discipline to dress wonderfully every day! it is something i am working on...
i don't really need anything knitted, though yarn would be okay! i also can't have anything scented, as my parents are overly sensitive to smells. i'm not such a big fan of wearing most pastels or neon, but i *do* need to branch out of my love for neutrals!

my wist should offer some inspiration for you! please feel free to contact me about anything, as well!

wists.com/aada

also, my favorites pile on etsy is growing! i'm amiddleton85 on there!

Large items:

a rockabilly 50's dress (pm me for measurements, http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/daisydress.html is my favorite!)
a retro shirtdress (pm me for measurements)
a poppet

Medium items:

a rosary (withOUT a crucifix. cross is fine, but no jesus on it please!)
a whale made from this pattern: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10970093 (my mother would love it!)
pleated purse
anything monogrammed (capital A, please)
amy butler weekender bag (or something similar)
a-line skirts

needle felting tools
quilling tools
bento sets

Small items:

jewelry with peacock, india/hindi, steampunk, victorian, 50's pin up, alice in wonderland, wizard of oz, or anchor themes!
thin stackable rings (size 8 or 9)
brooches
glass jewelry/pendants!
resin jewelry
earrings
hair clips/headbands/fascinators
homemade makeup
handcarved stamps (see wists for design ideas!)
miniature clay jewelry/dollhouse jewelry (like these! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5278403  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5840717  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5842822)

angie scarr miniature fruit/veggie canes!
scrabble tiles, monopoly pieces (houses, motels, tokens), candyland pieces.
medium resin bracelet mold
resin earring molds (the hoop ones!)
cotton fabrics! i am learning patchwork (at least a few fat-quarters' worth, please! i like retro fabrics (think reprodepot.com) and any bright patterns, but i LOVE goofy patterns, like parking pylons!)
paper ephemera for ATCs

good luck with your endeavors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009 12:18:31 PM »

Hi All,
My name is Magan and I live in Alexandria, VA and work a few miles away in Washington, DC. I have a wonderful husband and 2 Pomeranian boys. My favorite colors are blues, black & white, silver, greens and reds. Dont care for pinks, yellows, and pastels. Im allergic to cigarette smoke and really heavy perfumes (gives me migraines). Anything inspired by my wists is welcome: http://www.wists.com/freestyle_craft. And I love to talk, so if you have any questions shoot me a PM!

Large Items
- Reusable grocery bags that I can fold up and fit in my purse- Im always forgetting to bring them with me into the store. Ill take as many as I can get! Example: http://pinoyinoz.blogspot.com/2008/11/tutorial-how-to-make-fold-n-zip.html
- A big bag for my WIPs
- Reusable lunch bag. Example: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=18618471
- A cover for my sewing machine- PM for dimensions
- Soft handspun yarn- any colors
- Anything coffee or wine themed for my kitchen
- Anything mosaic or stained glass

Medium Items
- Penguin stamps/stationary
- Knit socks, any color, womens size 9
- Anything botanical- potholders, napkins, wall art, anything! (Could also be a large depending on item)
- Whimsy jar

Small Items
- Old black and white photographs of anything
- Old maps/map illustrations of anywhere