A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's Ongoing Wish Swap Round 6 (COWS 6)  (Read 19080 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009 06:38:06 AM »

i claim brilor for surfer/skater jewelry for jimmy, something star wars related for sean, a long sleeved embellished tee for tyler, and surprises as time allows.

2nd claim, 0 sent, 1 received

(i think i did that right, yes?)

My name is Rlynn and I have one girl.  We live in Oregon, USA. 

Aria is a little over 9 months old.  She is a rambunctious, active girl who can barely stay still long enough to take a nap.  She loves soft fuzzy things and she loves fabric so clothing or scarves or blankets are sure to be a hit.

She is currently in size 12 month clothing, but its probably best to use 12-18 month clothing.  When in doubt, use weight, she is about 18lbs. She doesnt wear shoes often but I believe she is currently in an infant size 4.  Her wee lil head measures in at a little over 17 inches. 

We love fun color combos like orange and turquoise or light and hot pink.  We do not like Easter egg pastels or girly fashions like Barbie, bratz, or Disney princesses.  I love Tea Collection and Naartjie kids clothing lines to give you an idea about our "style".  I also like dandelions, trees, leaves, squirrels, owls, and birds.  Polka dots and stripes are a bit hit here.  I typically dress Aria in leggings with either a tunic or dress.  Comfort is the key for my active little baby.  She has a ton of hair so hair accessories are always a good thing. Thank you, ribbitingboutique!

A few things we wouldnt mind having

Legwarmers ala babylegs
Tunics, tees, hoodies, or dresses (maybe with fun appliqus?)
Felt food like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222947.0
A fun fabric grocery bag to store play food like this -- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0
Cute boxes or totes to store her barrettes or toys
Stuffies
Nice thick baby/toddler towels with hoods
Multiethnic Dolls as in Asian, Latino, African American, etc (the world is a colorful place so should her play world be)

A few notes about the parents to give you some more ideas

Her daddy is a cook and wears all black.  I mean literally the man has a uniformblack t-shirt, black jeans, black shoes. 
Her momma is half Korean, a feminist, and is the handyperson around the house.  She is trying to raise her daughter to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobicyou get the picture.  Anything that supports these ideas will be greatly loved. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009 08:08:28 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachingjonah
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009 09:55:07 AM »

I claim rlynn for a multiethnic doll, felt food and other goodies as time allows.

3rd claim, 0 sent, 1 received

My name is Julie and I have two boys.  We live in Ohio, USA.  My boys love receiving gifts in the mail that are made especially for them. 

Jonah:  7 years old and tall!  He wears 12-14 size clothes.  He loves video games and cartoons.  He really enjoys Mario Brothers and  is just starting to develop an interest in Star Wars and Legos.  He also likes football (Ohio State Buckeyes and Cincinnati Bengals are favorites)  He loves the Bone series of books by Jeff Smith.  He also loves dogs and has many of the stuffed variety.  Favorite color is blue.

Milo: 4 years old.  He wears a size 6/7 in most things.  He is very funny and active.  He also enjoys cartoons, but he really loves trains/cars/ trucks/ tools/ pirates  and tractors.  He enjoys small things he can carry around with him in his pockets or throw in a bag to carry everywhere.  He is really into cartoons on Noggin and Handy Manny on Disney.  He also likes play food and play money.  He likes dogs too, but prefers cats.  Favorite color is also blue. 

My husband is a hunter, so both boys also like things related to deer, so shirts with Buck appliques might be nice.

Both boys really enjoy the things Ive made for them and the things that others have crafted for them, so they will really appreciate anything you make them. 
Here are few ideas that they would both use and enjoy.

http://whipup.net/2008/01/31/tutorial-bath-bomb-surprise/  kid friendly bath bombs Thank you rlynn (on second thought, we could always use more. They were great)

http://whipup.net/2006/09/28/tissue-holder-tutorial/  It is cold season after all.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_5&listing_id=18813600  crochet car

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_1&listing_id=18847860 crochet airplane

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194155.0 Treasure Map Quilt (Milo would enjoy this more than Jonah)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259160.0 Lunch bag and sandwich wraps, but with boyish themes instead of flowers

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204022.0 cool boxes for storing their treasures and art supplies.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180192.0 Both boys wear glasses, so they could really use these.  Jonah would probably like one that looks like a puppy head or maybe Mario.  Milo would probably like a cat head or Handy Manny or Bob the Builder. 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222688.msg2403910#msg2403910 Hanging wall organizer
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.msg3154814#msg3154814 Nintendo scarves.  They wouldn't have to be these exact characters.  Jonah likes Yoshi and Toad and the star and Milo really likes Fire Mario Thank you brilor
Handmade checker board with checkers
Crayon or Colored pencil rolls
ispy bags Thanks rlynn

They both have unusual names, so it would be nice to have some labeled notebooks or other items that they can use, but not clothing.  It is freaky when strangers know your name. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009 01:40:33 PM by teachingjonah - Reason: added » THIS ROCKS   Logged

vaab
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009 12:49:35 AM »

I claim teachingjonah for labeled notebooks and other items as time allows.

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved

My name's Wang Yang and I live in Oklahoma, USA.  I have a nine year old sister named Melody and a two year old brother named Trisan.

Melody - Thinks every song with her name in it is dedicated to her!  She plays computer dress up games a lot.  Watches a lot of cartoon and loves to read.
---Wouldn't mind having things with her name on it.
---Coloring books of different sorts keeps her occupied.
---Loves to put her hair back with hairbands made of fabric.
---Can't go wrong with stationary for kids.
---An Asian Plushie of any sort.

Tristan - He watches the green gummy bear on youtube all the time.  Loves animals (cows, deers, elephants, pigs, horses, dogs).  Carries around a picture dictionary for adults and starts naming off items.
---Loves animal picture books.
---Into transformer, word world, and barney at the moment.
---A plushie of any of the animals listed above.

Anything gender friendly would b great too, as long as kid appropriate.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009 01:02:30 AM by vaab » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ribbitingboutique
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009 06:28:11 AM »

I claim vaab for kids' stationery, coloring books, picture books, and some other goodies.

Claimed 2
Sent 1
Received 0

My name is Jessica and I live in Maryland USA with my family.  I am mom to three boys (5, 20 mo., and 3 months) and two naughty beagle mix girls.  I am also the proud wife of a police officer. 

Brett (5): 
Likes all superheroes, transformers, TMNT, police and firefighter related things, arts and crafts
Wishes for him--
-superhero cape
-lined or insulated lunch bag
-appliqued tees (Sz. 5/6)
-supplies for arts and crafts (any kind)
-storage box/crate for his art supplies
-art smock
-chore sign like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_4&listing_id=11683395 can be made for all 3 boys-I have the cards
-door knob hanger or plaque

-journal
-Bunk bed caddy

Spencer (21 months):
-superhero cape
-appliqued tees (Sz. 3/4)
-art smock
-fat crayons
-BIG paper pad so he stops using our walls as a canvas Wink
-superhero doll/stuffie
-knitted hat
-Anything related to cars (he's obsessed with them)

Elliott (4 months):
-superhero baby bib
-appliqued tees or onesies (Sz. 3 mo.+)
-lovie blanket
-knitted hat

The boys are pretty happy about anything they receive
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009 07:04:14 AM »

I claim ribbitingboutique for appliqued tees and some other goodies...

This is my first claim with 0 sent and 0 received.

My name is Mimi and I am in Maryland.  My son, Skyler, is 4 weeks old.  He is a big boy so nothing sized for newborns please!   I have a wonderful, sports-loving husband and a large, super furry dog.  We try and live as environmentally friendly as possible and love anything to do with the outdoors, nature and backpacking.

*Little person clothes stenciled, sewn, reconned, whatever is fine by me!   He is already in 3 month stuff!

*Boyish stuffies.   Maybe something like this or this

*Sleep Sack

*This hator this oneor even this one

*Wooden letter blocks like these

*A socktopus like this one

*Anything using these super fun monsters!  On a onesie, blanket, etc

*A birth plate similar to this one (doesnt need to be a monkey theme actually would just prefer a nature theme)

*Wall clock with a nature theme (trees, leaves, etc) that ticks

*A felt name book that spells out Skyler

*Anything baby related from my wists
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009 09:03:42 AM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
norahkate
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009 07:59:11 PM »

I claim mimiw for a sleepsack+  (the "+" meaning whatever fun things i decide on)

This is my first claim with 0 sent and 0 received.

First claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

My name is Norah and I live in chilly Wisconsin.  I have two munchkins, Jules (Julian) is 1 and little man (Jackson) is 3.  Jules loves everything musical; dancing, instruments (so he can play them and dance to them).  Jackson loves everything.  No seriously, he does.

hmmm,
Ideas:

anything involving Kai Lan (or any character from the show Ni Hao Kai Lan)
and now Powerpuff Girls.  if you can somehow make him something "boyish" involving the powerpuff girls that would be amazing. 
and Transformers...espe cially Bumblebee

Hoodies are always fun...in size 12mo or 4T

Any kind of travel toys.

A mario mushroom hat like the one here

Fun towels for them (just bath towels, doctored up any way that you would like) - these kids would live in the bath if i let them.  (And yes, we swim in the summer and at the Y on weekends, but it's winter here in WI and sooo cold!)

Shirts/clothes with a Chinese feel (my husband is Taiwanese, so we like things that help them recognize and explore that part of their heritage too!)

any clothes in size 12mo or 4T (it's so much fun to have homemade and Jackson loves when something is "cut" (sewn) just for him)
I love this set

a cool boy poppet (it's up to you to decide what qualifies as "cool" as i'm not good with that and 3 year olds aren't really, either  Wink)

Pj bottoms in 4T

a shirt with "little man" on it (his nickname, and it would be cute!)

anything related to alvin and the chipmunks (the new movie, not the cartoon - that kid is obsessed)

A petticoat for my 4 year old niece (she wears a size 5) like these or these.  Any colors, although I have this thing for pink and red together.  Then again, I won't be wearing it...and I think that just stems from having all boys. Wink
(I've made her a couple tutus and she loves them, but these are something different altogether and just gorgeous!)

**Anything for my twin nieces, they are 2 months old**

Okay, I'll try to update this sometime.  There are a million cute things out there but when it comes down to it I'm not very good at this!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009 08:49:02 PM by norahkate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009 04:39:46 PM »

I claim norahkate for a mario mushroom hat.
Just couldn't let this swap pass without claiming Smiley

First claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi! I live in Germany with two lovely little nerdy chaos generators (soo unlike me Smiley ).

The Big M: 8 years old, loves computers, trains, maths, sports and reading, volcanoes, food charts (although I don't want any goodies of that), Star Wars toys (all stolen from me) and LEGO and Playmobil. Favourite TV shows are Lazy Town and Vicky the Viking, Pettersson & Findus, Shaun the Sheep, Kim Possible and Nils Holgersson. Favourite Films include Monster Inc., everything Winnie the Pooh, Shrek, and Ice Age. Favourite comic books are Calvin & Hobbes, and Power Rangers (sigh).
Favourite color is blue.
Wears size 128 or bigger.

The Middle M (there is no smaller one, but we are not allowed to call him small Smiley): 5 years old, loves trains, train schedules, Benjamin Bluemchen, cats, and music, music, music. Favourite toys are LEGO and Playmobil, blankets, pillows and stuffies, his wooden train and everything related to transport. Favourite TV shows and movies are same as his brother's. Loves to count, prefers to wear clothes with big numbers on. Slight preference for red, orange and green.
Wears size 110.

Their bedroom is jungle-themed, in primary colors, mostly green. There's a train's sub-theme (actually, we have that in every room Smiley)
Please consider that anything my kids get to handle must be robust.
No camouflage or war themed stuff please.

Please don't hesitate to discuss any matters of reducing shipment costs with me. If there is something I can do, like e.g. stuffing an item so you can send it flat, please let me know!

They would be happy about anything themed to their favourites, or to the Gorillaz, or anything themed or related to Astrid Lindgren novels, Vikings (these are cool: http://www.herzensart.com/portfolio/en/start.html), trains, cats, soccer, or chess.

Big M really needs PJ bottoms in 134.
Middle M loves to play ice cream seller (mostly selling my scrap yarn balls Smiley), so wool or fabric ice cones with interchangeable ice cream would be great.

Craft supplies:

- Glow in the dark yarn (we're still not fed up with anything glow in the dark Smiley)
- fabric markers
- fabric with cool prints
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009 08:16:26 PM »

Round 7 is up!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290022.new#new

Please make sure you PM me the questionnaire and wait until you have been approved before claiming anyone.  Hope to see everyone in the new month!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009 12:20:37 PM »

Feedback has been updated, please check to make sure your is correct. 

Please remember to PM me when you send and receive so I can update feedback as soon as possible and get this round closed out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Christmas Tree Decorations
How to Make Candy Cane Mice
How to Make Glittered Holiday Cards
How to Print Holiday Gift Bags
How to Make Glittered Christmas Ornaments
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...