A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: door signs  (Read 862 times)
Tags for this thread: name  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laur328
Blood, Sweat and Crafts.

Let's get high on art supplies and hibernate!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2008 06:15:55 PM »

so my boy friends niece and nephew all got new bedrooms for christmas.  even though thats what they got like two years ago.  and were broke so everyone got hand made door signs.

i got the wooden signs from the dollar store, i sanded them and painted them a base of white.

mackenzie (6) loves anything princess so she got this.

i had the blue paper from the dollar store a few months ago and cinderella came from a piece of paper i found or joanns.  i had the letters her full name didnt fit so she got her knick name.  and glitter lots of glitter.  unfortunetly when i sealed them (spray acrylic in satin) the wind  took them away and under a tree (they were only out there a few hours) and it got kinda warped and the paper ripped a bit.  she didnt seam to mind.

the youngest one joey (4) likes tools and i couldnt reallt find anything that was cool for that he also likes pirates.  now pirates i can do.  i took a white piece of paper and soaked it in some tea to age it.  and then dried it between some paper towels.  boys dont understand arts/crafts and it almost got thrown away which is why it got ripped but i saved it and put some brown ink around the sides

i found the compass at joanns for 50 cents (!) and just flued it on.  he also loved his.

i didint get any photos of the third one which was really simple  cory (11) loves the phantoms (a local hockey team and i just printed out their logo and on the other side i painted his jersey number (29) for his hockey team (the devils) in red and gave it horns and a tail and  the words KEEP OUT on the other side.  hes at that age where playing with his younger sibs isnt cool. i can relate.

C&C welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rooftopstudio
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008 09:28:47 AM »

Really crafty door signs.  A great idea and a fantastic gift.  I like where you went with these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a French Braid
How to Do a Braided Updo With a Big Bow
How to Do a Fishtail Braid
How to Do Casual Beach Braids
How to Do a Heidi Braid Aka Goddess or Renaissance Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...