A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 91
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chocoholics Unanimous Round 4! (finally finished!)  (Read 29226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2009 06:30:25 PM »

No shooting the swap moderator or no chocolate for you! lol

I agree - I go to work and come home to 5 pages to read!

I'm always thinking chocolate these days lol so I go to Day Care and they're doing a fund raiser - Gertrude Hawk chocolate bars (raspberry, mint, toffee, caramel, milk, crunch, white chocolate, almond, dark, peanut butter) - who knew? I took a box of 48 to school today and I came home empty. My teens looked like turkey buzzards on road kill! Gertrude is our local chocolate shop - I love their chocolate dipped jumbo strawberries - in June they get local fresh strawberries - drool drool - so much better than sex! During the winter they do chocolate covered bananas covered in nuts or broken hard candy and all kinds of things. drool drool

I want Saor as my partner!!! I will send boxes of anything she wants! I can't believe there are no graham crackers - I thought they were universal. I want pup too and send her lots of kisses (choc too). Ok I want to be everyone's partner lol

Waiting without shooting the moderator rofl

Sounds good:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessa_aka_jalapeno

And high in Vitamin C! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2009 06:34:43 PM »

Rose is my favourite too!

I am the same - talking myself in and out of it. I am in the European swap and Make a Friend already so --probably shouldn't.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!

teehee  Grin

man I have missed alot in  this forum, people are throwing out all sorts of cool recipes!!

And I want to try all of these cool chocolates that you guys are findng! lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 06:36:41 PM by jessa_aka_jalapeno » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2009 06:45:31 PM »

Shade I can't wait to try the homemade graham crackers!! I thought graham crackers were everywhere!  Do you think you could share your recipe for the homemade marshmallows? I too am not a big fan of bagged mallows!
Ronda... no shooting you I promise. Just stalking and pouncing and reading over your shoulder!! Wink T hehehehe

I use one of my favorite Food Network personalities recipes
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-marshmallows-recipe/index.html
Alton Brown's Homemade Marshmallows

*  3 packages unflavored gelatin
    * 1 cup ice cold water, divided
    * 12 ounces granulated sugar, approximately 1 1/2 cups
    * 1 cup light corn syrup
    * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
    * 1/4 cup cornstarch
    * Nonstick spray

Directions

Place the gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer along with 1/2 cup of the water. Have the whisk attachment standing by.

In a small saucepan combine the remaining 1/2 cup water, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt. Place over medium high heat, cover and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover, clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Once the mixture reaches this temperature, immediately remove from the heat.

Turn the mixer on low speed and, while running, slowly pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture. Once you have added all of the syrup, increase the speed to high. Continue to whip until the mixture becomes very thick and is lukewarm, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Add the vanilla during the last minute of whipping. While the mixture is whipping prepare the pans as follows.
For regular marshmallows:

Combine the confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the sugar and cornstarch mixture and move around to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Return the remaining mixture to the bowl for later use.

When ready, pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a lightly oiled spatula for spreading evenly into the pan. Dust the top with enough of the remaining sugar and cornstarch mixture to lightly cover. Reserve the rest for later. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.

Turn the marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza wheel dusted with the confectioners' sugar mixture. Once cut, lightly dust all sides of each marshmallow with the remaining mixture, using additional if necessary. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
For miniature marshmallows:

Combine the confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Line 4 half sheet pans with parchment paper, spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray and dust with the confectioners' sugar mixture.

Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round piping tip. Pipe the mixture onto the prepared sheet pans lengthwise, leaving about 1-inch between each strip. Sprinkle the tops with enough of the remaining cornstarch and sugar mixture to lightly cover. Let the strips set for 4 hours or up to overnight.

Cut into 1/2 inch pieces using a pizza wheel or scissors dusted with the confectioners' sugar mixture. Once cut, lightly dust all sides of each marshmallow with the remaining sugar mixture and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

These are divine!  I have even added flavoring to make strawberry, cherry, orange, lemon, peppermint, and root beer flavored marshmallows .. just add the flavoring with the vanilla use 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 the flavoring or to make it a strong flavor use the entire teaspoon.

Orange S'mores and Strawberry S'more are the two I have tried.  I have made several flavors and put them out for a fondue party ... they were a HUGE hit ... they were gone before the strawberries.

Blessings!
Shade Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2009 06:45:48 PM »

My step grandson has been sitting here while daughter and I answer posts and laugh and hoot and hollar. He suggests we be limited in the amount of time we're allowed on Craftster - right, as if!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sovietweed

~*~Miss Alyssa~*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2009 06:51:01 PM »

I LOVE chocolate but will sit this round out, on account of I'm to nervous to sign up because I'd worry about whether or not I could craft items that are "good enough" for other people (I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist Sad ) I will stalk it though, and maybe get the courage to sign up next time around Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riding off into the sunset, just me...and my trusty G hook on my hip...

Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/people/Ixodes
Wists - http://wists.com/Sovietweed
Boyfriend's Webcomic - http://ontheinside.smackjeeves.com/comics/
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2009 06:52:30 PM »

I have to say, I actually don't like marshmallows . . . the sight of peeps made me shudder something awful!  I only eat marshallows in banana boats (which is only at camp, i don't like nanas much), in ben and jerry's phish food (speaking of which, I'm applying to Vermont Law School), and in smores.  I always set my marshmallows on fire, they're black and flaky on the outside and very melty in the middle. that's the best!

Aww, now I miss camp!  I'd like to encourage everyone in the US that if you haven't already, buy Girl Scout Cookies!  The program helps girls learn sales skills, set goals, learn independence and build self-esteem.  And the cookies are so darned tasty!  The thanks a lots or all abouts, depending on your council, can also be used for smores--they're butter cookies dipped in chocolate fudge, which cuts down an assembly step in the smores Smiley

I'm going to see if I can find any chocolate/baking calendars this weekend to either send to my partner as is, or use in crafting.  I wonder if Michael's has any more in their dollar pin . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimberly_Star
« Reply #306 on: January 09, 2009 06:59:00 PM »

...copying and pasting marshmallow and graham cracker recipes to the recipe file...now all I need is a recipe for milk chocolate and I'd be ready to survive sans civilization and still have s'mores!!!   Cheesy

No shooting going on here, Ronda.  Take your time.  I'll just be sitting and refreshing Craftster every thirty seconds until you're done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #307 on: January 09, 2009 07:05:08 PM »

I ALWAYS buy girl scout cookies. Who can resist!! Actually between my Mom and I there was a TON of boxes bought this year. I know we've still got a stash in the cupboard MmMMmMMmMMm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: January 09, 2009 07:18:32 PM »

No shooting going on here, Ronda.  Take your time.  I'll just be sitting and refreshing Craftster every thirty seconds until you're done!

Cheesy Cheesy LOL Cheesy Cheesy We'll be doing the same, but at least we have chocolate; Moritz Icy Squares! These are kind of a holiday tradition in our family. They have a slight hazelnut flavour & a strange 'oily' texture that is delicious, but can give you a tummy-ache if you eat too many!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #309 on: January 09, 2009 07:35:35 PM »

*****ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE!*****

Partner list is in the second post on the thread
- standing back for the stampede now -
as soon as I pee I will start sending out information lists
anyone who hates their pairing or has a reason to ask to change
you already had a chance to do that! 
 Grin stuck now!

Ronda
Blessings!

*****ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE!*****
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 91 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peach Ice Cream Recipe
Apricot Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
FullyRaw Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make a Fruity Eton Mess
Homemade Creme Brulee Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...