Hi! This is my first post EVER, so just a warning for you. I've been sewing all my life pretty much and have wanted to upload something on here for a while. Well, here goes!
I made this for a photo shoot Im doing with my sister. its going to be horror themed, and Im making all the costumes.I'll be posting more up as they come along. Tell me what you think! Is there anything I should work on?
PS. Sorry im a mess. Im only 15 and its like 11!! Thats pretty early!
What you need :
Two T- Shirts
Zipper (length depends on how long the tube top is, generally from bust to hips)
Something to cut belts with(rotary cutter)
Tube Top Pattern (DIY'd or whatever. if you need one, i recommend whatthecraft.com)
1.Start with the tube top. take ONE of the shirts and pin it on the TTpattern, laying it flat.Cut
2.Right sides together, sew side seams like a pillow, leaving an opening to pull the garment through. this is ONE side of your tubetop.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other shirt.
4. Sew both side seams together.
5. Now that you have a tube top, take the front and insert a zipper right down the middle. I made a front cut all down the middle and made the zipper exposed, but you can do any kind of zipper you want.
6. Now with the belts. measure, starting at the zipper, how far you want them to come out on the shirt. (mine was six inches on each side.)
7. Okay, take one belt and DONT START AT THE HEAD. measure right above the head at that length and cut.(the head is gonna go right above the zipper)
8.Do the rest of the belts, then grommet them onto the shirt.
9. NOW for the OTHER side of the belts (headless) You want it to look alright, so thread that end through the already attached belts and buckle them like a regular belt on the shirt. They'll look strange, but then mark where you want the belts to stop and still look symmetrical on the shirt.
10. Cut the belts and grommet them in. the headless belts will be a different length than the headed ones, but tats because you need to use extra "beltage" so you can buckle them across the shirt.
Any questions? Just PM me and Ill help you out.