A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2009 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 62870 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2009 07:27:37 AM »

This bumm leg is not going to keep me down! hehe  Grin. I got my mom to drive me to Hobby Lobby yesterday, I do think DH might have needed a break... I got my yarn! yeah and I got one square done but I want to make another before I post so maybe tomorow I might have it finished, yeah!

Yay! Nothing like shopping for yarn to lift the spirits Wink

Ooh, this looks like fun! I think I'll need instructions on how to join them together at the end though. I've only made a giant square blanket before... Is it hard?

There are several ways to join them together... but I've never tried it either Grin I've been a little bit afraid, for some reason...

I've been wanting to make an afghan for the year and a half I've been crocheting, but always delay it... this is the perfect thing for me! I'm joining right now!

I don't know if I will be able to read the patterns, but I'll do my best... *gets yarn & hook*

If you get stuck, there are plenty of folks here who can help. And, this pattern has a nice easy repeat, so once you get the hang of it, you won't need to read the pattern anymore (until the end... but that's easy, too!).

knkurz, I love your color choices! Your afghan will look fabulous when it's done!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009 07:31:10 AM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
silverfisch
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2009 09:33:54 AM »

If you get stuck, there are plenty of folks here who can help. And, this pattern has a nice easy repeat, so once you get the hang of it, you won't need to read the pattern anymore (until the end... but that's easy, too!).

thanks!

I read the whole thread and paidspecial attention to everything said. after frogging 5 rounds twice, I am currently on round 12... but I made the conversion, 12 inches is supposed to be 30,5 cm, and my square won't be bigger than 22 cm

I have been using Caron Simply Soft Brites and a H hook (5mm). uh... well, I guess I will leave it like that, because other squares will end up the same,won't they?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2009 09:57:23 AM »

I read the whole thread and paidspecial attention to everything said. after frogging 5 rounds twice, I am currently on round 12... but I made the conversion, 12 inches is supposed to be 30,5 cm, and my square won't be bigger than 22 cm

I have been using Caron Simply Soft Brites and a H hook (5mm). uh... well, I guess I will leave it like that, because other squares will end up the same,won't they?

I just add rows until it's 12 inches, that way I get the biggest blankie I can. Cheesy I haven't done one of these yet that my square came out to exactly twelve inches, so if it's under I add rows and as long as it's not too much over, I just leave it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2009 10:04:12 AM »

So I'm in! yay! And I'm also basically insane... doing two of each of the twelve inch squares per month, and eight of the six inchers (to get a babbette type thing, as I saw someone else was also planning on, xD, or one extra big one, depending on the month) and I have to stop in June (my little sister's birthday)... Which is why I have to make more, because she's been bugging me for a YEAR to make her a big cuddle blanket... xD Oh dear. Why do I always get in over my head?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
silverfisch
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2009 11:07:02 AM »

I just add rows until it's 12 inches, that way I get the biggest blankie I can. Cheesy I haven't done one of these yet that my square came out to exactly twelve inches, so if it's under I add rows and as long as it's not too much over, I just leave it.

that's a way to solve this! but for now I am keeping the little sizes I get hoping the rest will come out in a similar size, too!

I finished completely  Cheesy it's my first time finishing a complicated granny square pattern and I am SO proud of myself!

I may end up doing two of each of the twelve squares just like you said, Elensule. these are so much fun to crochet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2009 11:58:06 AM »

I think I'll be joining in...although, I don't know if I'll get January's done in time. Going to Hobby Lobby later today to pick up some more purple yarn and some white, and who knows what else! Do y'all recommend using various types/brands/weights of yarn for different parts, or trying to stick with similar yarns? I have lots of lavender novelty yarns, but only half a skein of just regular worsted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
tvelez
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2009 01:24:46 PM »

ok i've tried and frogged and tried and frogged again lol

I'm stuck! Round 5 is done...
(in red are from the instructions
Round 6 :
(5 dc in next ch 3 sp, sc in 2nd sc of next 3 sc group) got it! but two times??? How can i do this two times... after the first time, there's a dc, not a 3 sc group...
5 dc in next ch 3 sp. # Sc in next dc and now it says this?

also, i have 2 ch3 spcs in each corner, how am i supposed to end up with three 5 dc groups on each side??

so do i :
(5 dc in next ch 3 sp, sc in 2nd sc of next 3 sc group); 5 dc in next ch 3 sp. # Sc in next dc and repeat?

this is my very first granny square lol... please bear with my stupidity lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiny T
I sew, paint unfinished wood, sketch, make jewelry, crochet a bit, loom knit, and sew. Pretty much if I can get my hands on it to learn, then I will know it. Maybe not perfectly, but enough for a hobby.

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tinyangel3d/
sunspotted
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2009 01:33:59 PM »

After R5 you should have 3 ch-3 groups per side, if you don't then you're going to have to go back. 
At the beginning of R6 each side should look like this...

DC   ch-3    3 SC    ch-3    3 SC    ch-3     DC

Did you frog your square already?  If not, posting a picture so we can maybe see where you went wrong would be helpful. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
silverfisch
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2009 01:37:07 PM »

(in red are from the instructions
Round 6 :
(5 dc in next ch 3 sp, sc in 2nd sc of next 3 sc group) got it! but two times??? How can i do this two times... after the first time, there's a dc, not a 3 sc group...
5 dc in next ch 3 sp. # Sc in next dc and now it says this?
[/color]??

I'm a bit of a noob too, but I think I can help a bit with this part of your question, because I just made my square this afternoon ^^

it says two times because... ok, try to do it like this:

5 dc in next ch 3 sp, SKIP FIRST SC, sc in 2nd sc of next 3 sc group, SKIP THIRD SC, 5 dc in next ch 3 sp, SKIP FIRST SC, sc in 2nd sc of next 3 sc group, SKIP THIRD SC

that is the two times ^^

then this

5 dc in next ch 3 sp. # Sc in next dc

after the upper part you make the 5dc and you will see you are arriving at one of the corners of your square, which instead of a 3sc group, has just one double crochet

think of it as a square, right now the double crochets are the corners

hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2009 02:28:41 PM »

You go, silverfisch! Your square looks great! And, you understood it well enough to help out someone- I knew you could do it Wink

And, Hellga, you should have no problem finishing this square- it's pretty quick! As for different weights, it might affect the final size of the square, and the overall uniformity to the feel of the completed afghan, but those are minor. The only thing I'd consider would be switching the size of the hook if you change to a different weight yarn, otherwise, you could end up with rounds that are too tight or too loose, if that makes any sense...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Flash Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Delete Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Auto Mode Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Aperture Priority (A) Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...