A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 311,445
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2009 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 74296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2009 08:38:19 PM »

Thanks! I really love how they came out. I actually an I hook instead of an H because I lost my H and they STILL turned out too small, but luckily for me they are exactly the same size so it's all good. Yay! Cheesy

I thought about doing multiple afghans since when I'm on a roll I get antsy for next month's squares, but I honestly just can't spend my money on all that yarn! Luckily this other project I've been doing is kind of important that I finish soon, so that distracts me from my desire to endlessly crochet squares. And then I've got two more things lined up, one of which IS crochet which I have not done in forever (unless it was a square, of course, haha), so I think I'll be good until February! Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009 08:41:28 PM by oddacity » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I hang out in: Fiber Arts, Needlework, and the Swap Board!

My Etsy: Illumine Artisan Works
Kimmberrrr
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2009 11:02:32 PM »

I've never done any of the "a-longs" here at craftster.. and i'm slightly scared to start swaps for fear of not meeting deadlines due to my school load

SOOOOO.. i think this project is the thing for me!
I'm rather addicted to crochet.. and a square a month sounds completely reasonable to me =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2009 07:27:35 AM »

I felt the same way, Kim, that's why I did the one last year and I loved it! It's a lot of fun. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beccahacom
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2009 09:49:10 AM »

I am loving all the squares people are making they are gorgeous. I am about to start on my third one because this pattern is so amazing. I am having way too much fun with this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Esjay82
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2009 10:27:45 AM »

I have a picture of my square!! woooo! its taken on the webcam tho.. so its not the best but it'll do for now!! i'll put up a better one when hubby gives me the camera back!!

i added an extra row of the pattern bit.. then did the DC around, then finished with a row of HDC. its just over 12" i used an I hook, and it's done in simply soft. Rose-Violet and off-white. I plan to make a raibow colored blanket!! yay! Each square being off-white and a colour.. either red, orange, yellow, green, blue or rose-violet. So i should end up with 2 squares of each colour. I dont wanna make it any bigger as i'll prob be sending it overseas as a christmas gift. But it'll be the same size as the one i made last CAL nice sofa size.  Grin Enough babbling!!! here's the pic...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2009 02:39:19 PM »

Esjay, it looks great! I definitely like the pattern better with color changes in it, so when I make another, I'll give it a go.

And Kimmberrrr, welcome aboard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2009 03:01:29 PM »

I have a picture of my square!! woooo! its taken on the webcam tho.. so its not the best but it'll do for now!! i'll put up a better one when hubby gives me the camera back!!

i added an extra row of the pattern bit.. then did the DC around, then finished with a row of HDC. its just over 12" i used an I hook, and it's done in simply soft. Rose-Violet and off-white. I plan to make a raibow colored blanket!! yay! Each square being off-white and a colour.. either red, orange, yellow, green, blue or rose-violet. So i should end up with 2 squares of each colour. I dont wanna make it any bigger as i'll prob be sending it overseas as a christmas gift. But it'll be the same size as the one i made last CAL nice sofa size.  Grin Enough babbling!!! here's the pic...

Esjay82 I love your square, that is the perfect color for me, I wanted purple! I have been watching as I just lay here with my bad leg up.....this is so boring. I want to go buy my yarn...maybe I will get my mom or DH to run me to Hobby Lobby Saturday so I can get it.....

Everyon'e squares are so nice,... good job craftADDchick on picking this out. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tvelez
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2009 03:05:34 PM »

wow, i would so love to try this... but i'm so new to crocheting i'm not sure if i can do it... i'll try.. lol

The completed squares are beautiful!!

Blessings,
Tina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiny T
I sew, paint unfinished wood, sketch, make jewelry, crochet a bit, loom knit, and sew. Pretty much if I can get my hands on it to learn, then I will know it. Maybe not perfectly, but enough for a hobby.

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tinyangel3d/
Esjay82
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2009 03:51:45 PM »

Thanks for the comments!  Grin

The colour is purpleish, its a sort of pinkypurple.. i like it tho.. and i really like it with the off-white. i cant wait to do more squares!!!!! woooooooo!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2009 04:10:59 PM »

wow, i would so love to try this... but i'm so new to crocheting i'm not sure if i can do it... i'll try.. lol

The completed squares are beautiful!!

Blessings,
Tina

There are a couple of other new folks on here, so jump right in! We're here to help if you need, and the first pattern is much easier than it looks- honest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Tangerines
How to Paint Cherries
How to Paint Lilies
Learn About Painting and Sculpture
Learn About The Evolution of an Art Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...