A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2009 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 72739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2009 08:38:19 PM »

Thanks! I really love how they came out. I actually an I hook instead of an H because I lost my H and they STILL turned out too small, but luckily for me they are exactly the same size so it's all good. Yay! Cheesy

I thought about doing multiple afghans since when I'm on a roll I get antsy for next month's squares, but I honestly just can't spend my money on all that yarn! Luckily this other project I've been doing is kind of important that I finish soon, so that distracts me from my desire to endlessly crochet squares. And then I've got two more things lined up, one of which IS crochet which I have not done in forever (unless it was a square, of course, haha), so I think I'll be good until February! Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009 08:41:28 PM by oddacity » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I hang out in: Fiber Arts, Needlework, and the Swap Board!

My Etsy: Illumine Artisan Works
Kimmberrrr
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2009 11:02:32 PM »

I've never done any of the "a-longs" here at craftster.. and i'm slightly scared to start swaps for fear of not meeting deadlines due to my school load

SOOOOO.. i think this project is the thing for me!
I'm rather addicted to crochet.. and a square a month sounds completely reasonable to me =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2009 07:27:35 AM »

I felt the same way, Kim, that's why I did the one last year and I loved it! It's a lot of fun. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beccahacom
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2009 09:49:10 AM »

I am loving all the squares people are making they are gorgeous. I am about to start on my third one because this pattern is so amazing. I am having way too much fun with this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Esjay82
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2009 10:27:45 AM »

I have a picture of my square!! woooo! its taken on the webcam tho.. so its not the best but it'll do for now!! i'll put up a better one when hubby gives me the camera back!!

i added an extra row of the pattern bit.. then did the DC around, then finished with a row of HDC. its just over 12" i used an I hook, and it's done in simply soft. Rose-Violet and off-white. I plan to make a raibow colored blanket!! yay! Each square being off-white and a colour.. either red, orange, yellow, green, blue or rose-violet. So i should end up with 2 squares of each colour. I dont wanna make it any bigger as i'll prob be sending it overseas as a christmas gift. But it'll be the same size as the one i made last CAL nice sofa size.  Grin Enough babbling!!! here's the pic...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2009 02:39:19 PM »

Esjay, it looks great! I definitely like the pattern better with color changes in it, so when I make another, I'll give it a go.

And Kimmberrrr, welcome aboard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2009 03:01:29 PM »

I have a picture of my square!! woooo! its taken on the webcam tho.. so its not the best but it'll do for now!! i'll put up a better one when hubby gives me the camera back!!

i added an extra row of the pattern bit.. then did the DC around, then finished with a row of HDC. its just over 12" i used an I hook, and it's done in simply soft. Rose-Violet and off-white. I plan to make a raibow colored blanket!! yay! Each square being off-white and a colour.. either red, orange, yellow, green, blue or rose-violet. So i should end up with 2 squares of each colour. I dont wanna make it any bigger as i'll prob be sending it overseas as a christmas gift. But it'll be the same size as the one i made last CAL nice sofa size.  Grin Enough babbling!!! here's the pic...

Esjay82 I love your square, that is the perfect color for me, I wanted purple! I have been watching as I just lay here with my bad leg up.....this is so boring. I want to go buy my yarn...maybe I will get my mom or DH to run me to Hobby Lobby Saturday so I can get it.....

Everyon'e squares are so nice,... good job craftADDchick on picking this out. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tvelez
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2009 03:05:34 PM »

wow, i would so love to try this... but i'm so new to crocheting i'm not sure if i can do it... i'll try.. lol

The completed squares are beautiful!!

Blessings,
Tina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiny T
I sew, paint unfinished wood, sketch, make jewelry, crochet a bit, loom knit, and sew. Pretty much if I can get my hands on it to learn, then I will know it. Maybe not perfectly, but enough for a hobby.

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tinyangel3d/
Esjay82
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2009 03:51:45 PM »

Thanks for the comments!  Grin

The colour is purpleish, its a sort of pinkypurple.. i like it tho.. and i really like it with the off-white. i cant wait to do more squares!!!!! woooooooo!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2009 04:10:59 PM »

wow, i would so love to try this... but i'm so new to crocheting i'm not sure if i can do it... i'll try.. lol

The completed squares are beautiful!!

Blessings,
Tina

There are a couple of other new folks on here, so jump right in! We're here to help if you need, and the first pattern is much easier than it looks- honest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jonathan Alter Reveals His Motto
An Author Chat with Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie Part 3
Meet Author Elizabeth Aston
Wild Horse Annie and the Last of the Mustangs Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Talks About The Plantagenets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...