A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Princess Castle Cake....pic heavy  (Read 1547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

le_coiffeur04
« on: December 28, 2008 06:08:52 PM »

I made this cake for my daughters 4Th birthday. The turrets and princesses are from a kit I got off eBay. It took the hubby and I HOURS to make it. I was stressing hard core on the drive to the party I would die if it broke apart but it made the journey just fine. We ended up using 3 cake mixes and 4 recipes of buttercream icing. Oh and we totally cheated and used premade sugar roses. No matter how hard I try I just cant make my roses look good. I also didn't cover the cardboard cake boards with foil so we had a damp spot all around the cake from the oil in the icing I guess. That's why I put that edible glitter all around it. It was alot of work but totally worth it to see her face.

Front view

Side view

Back view

My daughter is the one with the long dark hair and the grey and black dot dress
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krisaissosmart

What we think, we become.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008 06:28:11 PM »

That's so much cooler than the store bought cakes my parents always got me. That turned out really great! Your daughter is adorable, btw. It looks like all the kids love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"No punchy punchy."
anafelix
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008 06:33:02 PM »

Ooooh! I totally love this! You did a fantastic job. My ma used to make my birthday cakes and they mean a lot cuz I still remember the different cakes she did. One year I got a swimming pool cake. Now I kinda want a princess cake, but it'd be a little weird cuz I'm almost 18....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Munora
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008 07:09:53 PM »

You did a fantastic job. You can tell by the look on your DD face that she loved it. It's so nice that your husband helped you. My husband is great like that too. Some husbands just don't want anything to do with that kind of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008 07:13:30 PM »

That cake looks fantastic .. and I'll bet it cost LOADS less than the $75 that the bakeries in Seattle charge for a cake with that princess kit! I'll bet it tastes loads better too! Homemade RULES and I'm hitting this Rocks... cuz you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008 08:49:09 PM »

Thanks for the love guys!!! It was much cheaper to make this cake ourselves and it looked better than if we bought it from the grocery store. The store here wanted 50 bucks for it. My friend bought one from them and I thought they did a crappy job. The kit was 14 bucks and about 16 in cake and supplies. I would totally suggest this kit for anybody with a little experience with cakes. It was not really hard if you know your basics and have the right icing tips already. It was tedious tho. I could not have done it without my hubby. I have to thank Ace of Cakes on food network for his intrest in cake decorating  Wink We go all out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Dreadlocks
How to Make an Avocado Mask for Dry Hair
How to Make a Quick Homemade Hair Mask
How to Get More Body for Your Hair
How to Get Knots Out of Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...