A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MP3 Cover [Quite large img] - With pattern!  (Read 3952 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Norosettanne
« on: December 28, 2008 04:51:45 PM »

For Christmas I got a nice (and very shiny) MP3 player, so I wanted to make something that would protect it for when I'm putting it through daily use Smiley. So, with my new wool and hook, I set to making a case for it  Smiley

(Linked from my DeviantART page)

]http://fc41.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/362/9/0/MP3_Cover_by_Angelic_Goth.jpg

I will include a pattern if anyone wants it, but I don't want to type it out right now xD
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012 03:41:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiLady
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008 05:00:09 PM »

I would love a pattern, a little bigger and that would make a perfect little cosmetic/first aid bag (I'm a student nurse so I carry around things like a spare plaster, 4head and paracetamol along with my lipgloss, compact mirror and mini hairbrush)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Norosettanne
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008 06:04:19 AM »

I was thinking that if I couldn't use it for my mp3 player (cos I forgotten to allow for the earphones xD) I could use it as a little purse Smiley but really I think to fit that kind of stuff in you're gonna have to make it bigger... So I've included the stitch multiple things so you can make it bigger Smiley

When using a 3.5mm hook with this wool for 3.25mm to 4mm hooks the approx measurements are:
Height: 8.6 cm/3.39 inches
Width: 10.4 cm/4.09 inches

I am using the American names for each crochet stitch where a sc is not a slip stitch

Main body:

Solid shell stitch (from Basic Crochet Stitches 250 to Crochet by Erika Knight)

Ch 26 (multiple of 6 +1, +1 for base chain)
First row: 1 sc into 2nd ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, 5dc into next ch, skip 2 ch, 1 sc into next ch and rep from * to end, turn.
Second row: 3 ch (count as one dc) 2 dc into first st, *skip 2 dc, 1 sc into next dc, skip 2 dc, 5 dc into next sc; rep from * ending last rep with 3 dc into last sc, skip tch, turn.
Third row: 1 ch, 1 sc into first st, *skip 2 dc, 5 sc into next sc, skip 2 dc, 1 sc into next dc; rep from * ending last rep with 1 sc into top of tch, turn.
Repeat second and third rows until 21 rows (the height) are completed. Edging optional, 1 row of sc used.
Fold in half from top to bottom so that the shells are facing either up or downwards. and sew along opposite sides.

Flap:

Griddle stitch (from Basic Crochet Stitches 250 to Crochet by Erika Knight)

Ch 26 (multiple of 2, +2 for base chain)
First row: Skip 3 ch (count as one dc) *1 sc into next ch, 1 dc into next ch; rep from * ending in 1 sc into last ch, turn.
Second row: Ch 3 (count as one dc), skip 1 st, *1 sc into next dc, 1 dc into next sc; rep from * ending 1 sc into top of tch, turn.
Rep second row until button hole row (compare flap to body for prefered position on button hole)
As a multiple of two, see how many stitches wide the button is. Subtract this number from the total amount of stitches, and divide the new number by 2. This number is the amount of stitches before and after the button hole. ( 26 - 4 = 22, 22/2 = 11 stitches)
Continue to stitch the row for the amount of stitches calculated, then ch the number of stitches for the button, then continue on with the griddle stitch remembering to use the correct sc or dc for the stitch below.
Stitch the rest of the flap refering to the body for prefered length.
Sew flap onto body (best done from the base chain side of the opening on the body)
Edging optional (none used)

Button:
Sew on the button under the button hole with thread or wool (used)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 06:05:45 AM by Norosettanne » THIS ROCKS   Logged
antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008 02:42:28 PM »

Lovely! It's very cute. Thanks for the pattern - I added it to the Craftster Pattern List on the main Crochet page, if you don't mind. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
Norosettanne
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008 03:47:18 PM »

xD No, thats great! *feels special* Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 04:11:57 PM by Norosettanne » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Emma Watson Makeup Tutorial
Rihanna Shares Fashion and Beauty Tips
Victoria Beckham Reveals What Gave Her Confidence
Beauty Expert: Color of Your Walls Might Change the Way You Look
How to Take the Best Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...