A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,251
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easiest baby wrap/sling/carrier ever (and a really cute baby)  (Read 6523 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_sling  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jennickell
« on: December 26, 2008 12:56:05 PM »

Christmas Eve-Eve (uh December 23) my new baby niece Lucy was born, I had lent a friend my baby sling and havent gotten it back and I really didnt want to spend a lot of money on one, not knowing if my sis would really like baby wearing like I did/do. So following some instructions I found here:
http://www.mamatoto.org/default.aspx?tabid=180#731
I bought 5 yards of this super cute fabric at wal-mart for only $2 a yard, I came up with this:

she really likes it, went right to sleep. she is super secure in it, I was walking around, doing dishes, picking up and she didnt move once.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs.zeddies
Prophetess en-flagrante

Kitchen witchery is my life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008 01:21:49 PM »

Omg! I love this idea! What kind of fabric do you use? Something soft and stretchy or some simple cotton? Also, it's great 'cause you can use any fabric...something pretty and not icky looking. I'm impressed that it's good for such a little baby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Courage isn't knowing when to stand and fight, it's knowing when to turn and saunter away.
Jennickell
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008 02:01:35 PM »

oh I guess I should have said what kind of fabric, it is a stretchy cotton (t-shirt) type fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laminathegreat
Queen of the Universe

Is not here.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008 03:28:17 PM »

This is a GREAT idea. Good for you! It looks great! And give the baby a squeeze for me, my little girl was born on the same day 3 years ago!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Broadwaybabe1307
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008 05:51:54 PM »

Great job! That would've been a nice idea when I baby-sat my niece and ended up with burning arms trying to carry her around.  Now my niece is 13 months old and just figured out the joy of walking.. she doesn't want to stay in one place for more than a minute, so this wouldn't be too helpful now.

And yes. That is a really cute baby  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KristyDi
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008 07:02:05 PM »

Ohh, that's much prettier than my DIY wrap.  Mine is just plain white (non-stretchy) cotton.  We're still using it at 9 months though.  I've been thinking about getting some prettier fabric and making another one.

And that baby is so cute that my uterus is twitching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people juggle geese.  -Hoban Washburn
gimmemoresalad
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008 08:27:26 PM »

Aww, so cutes =D  I'm gonna need one of these at some point... in like 8 years, if the babies agree to follow my plans (after I graduate college, this will become slightly more negotiable... but not much).

My baby cousin (we're the only two granddaughters on that side of my family... and we're almost 19 years apart, even though my dad is only 10 years older than hers and *my* parents didn't have kids til their mid/late 30s) was born on Christmas Eve 2 years ago.  I was trying to explain to her why this was a tactical error on her part, that she should have at LEAST waited until her due date (like a week into January), because everyone's going to lump Christmas and her birthday together and try to get away with only giving her one gift.  She wasn't really listening to me, though, she was way more interested in trying to eat her hand. 

Bet your sis was excited to be un-pregnant and have a new baby "present" for Christmas  Grin  The first birthday present my brother ever gave my mom was to be born 2 days before her birthday, so she didn't have to be gigantically pregnant on her birthday, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Street Ashes

Can't we all just get along?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008 02:30:53 PM »

which one is it?the abc?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Qalliope
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008 04:31:42 PM »

Beautiful fabric (and beautiful baby, too, of course Kiss).  I love the mamatoto instructions. That's what I used for my wrap, and it was a breeze to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aeanderson
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008 06:16:47 PM »

Both carrier and baby are absolutely beautiful. Smiley
Wal-Mart is surprisingly awesome for fabric, sometimes.

Sort of a technical question- I've only used/made the single-shouldered, cross over the chest kind of sling before. Would you say this type of pattern does a better job at balancing the baby's weight across your body, or no?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wool by Hugh Howey
Immortal Bird by Doron Weber
Julia Sweeney on Motherhood
Julie Sarkissian on Her Lead Character From Dear Lucy
Sabin Willett on the Inspiration Behind Abide With Me
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...