A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Korea  (Read 2382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GiddyUpMunky

Double stuffed baby!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 26, 2008 06:23:37 AM »

I'm in the Army, currently stationed in Seoul, South Korea. I was hoping that there were others either from Korea or in Korea on these boards who could help me find places to get craft supplies while I'm here. Thank you.

~Lindsey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avari20
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008 06:37:49 AM »

Welcome to Korea! I'm in Yong-in, about an hour outside of Seoul. Since I'm a newbie here too, I haven't got the goods on EXACTLY where to go, but people have been telling me that Damdaemun in Seoul has all kinds of craft things. I'm searching namely for yarn, but I do general crafts too. I'm going to check it out next weekend and will let you know what I find.

-Ava
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Will trade yarn for jewelry supplies! PM me if you're interested!
monkey_girl
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009 03:13:16 PM »

What's the craft scene like in Korea? My partner are heading over later this year to teach English:) Any recommendations of places to shop or any craft groups that you know of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
avari20
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009 12:37:04 AM »

Hokay--I've been to Dongdaemun in Seoul, and let me just say that it is a craftster's paradise! It's called a town because there are miles and miles of shops and malls. I took the subway to Dongdaemun (light blue line, I think--if you go to korea4expats.com and click on "Living in Korea" and Public Transportation, it will lead you to an interactive English subway map), and while there are a ton of stalls outside of it, you want to go in the square white building next to the old gate. The basement is full of yarn of all types, sizes, and colors. Two floors are entirely dedicated to fabric. There's an electronics market in Yongsan, where you can buy sewing machines. There's also a craft market in Myeondong. As far as I can tell, you have to get your craft supplies at specialty markets--supermarkets and department stores (that I've seen) don't carry those kinds of supplies.

There's a crafting group called Seoul Stitch n Bitch made up of teachers that craft. Anybody's welcome. They have a website where you can get directions to meetings and the 411 on where to find supplies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava

GiddyUpMunky

Double stuffed baby!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009 02:51:33 PM »

Thanks for all the tips. I do want to add that at LotteMart here in Seoul, they have toooons of supplies. And for pretty cheap too. I'll have to look up that Seoul group too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avari20
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009 08:42:09 PM »

Does anybody know where to buy fusible interfacing here? I've glanced around Dongdaemun but didn't find any. Could someone point me in the right direction?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava

GiddyUpMunky

Double stuffed baby!

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009 01:08:55 AM »

I know that I can get it here on the Army base, but other than that, no clue. I'd be more than happy to get you some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kniterdone
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009 11:53:16 PM »

I'm leaving on Monday to visit my husband in Osan.  We're spending a few days in Seoul and I will be sure to check out Damdaemun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post to offer inspiration only.  Please don't copy my artwork!  http://meetmeinthedayroom.wordpress.com
ming
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009 08:34:33 AM »

(I know the original question was posted awhile ago, but information for anyone else who is looking for fusible interfacing)

I've become an expert navigating through DongDaeMun because I go there almost every week for fabric and supplies. Interfacing, both sew in and fusible, are on the first floor in buildings C and D. I don't have the specific vendor numbers off the top of my head, but walk around a bit and I guarantee you will find someone that carries it. Prices should be about 3000W/yd or less for heavier weight fusible interfacing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select With a Marquee Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Flash CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...