A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hobo-jordy bag  (Read 31026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006 01:41:49 PM »

good  work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
sewitup
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006 04:23:13 AM »

love the tutorial ! I didnt have a problem following AT ALL. and since i usally do, thats means it was GREAT !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps ! Feel free to PM me !

http://www.wists.com/sewitup/all

http://www.Sewitup.etsy.com
tapeduper
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008 07:06:43 PM »

HI,  I used to have the images and pattern but now I can't find it.  Does anyone have the pattern that used to be posted here?  I am dying to make this bag.  Thanks:)

Tapeduper Grin

Yeah!!!  I found it.   http://makestuf.blogspot.com/2007/09/hobo-jordy-bag-o.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009 05:36:37 PM by tapeduper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop crafting!!!
Check out my store for lots of cute things and ideas:)
www.flutterbysandfl owers.etsy.com
www.flutterbysandfl owers.com
www.flutterbysandfl owers.blogspot.com
mhills

That's A Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008 05:26:49 AM »

HELP! How can I get the pics and tutorial for this??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeshebags
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008 06:30:26 AM »

Hello everybody! This is the first time I write here. After weeks of lurking finally I’m doing my “outing”. Yes, I’m a crafts’ maniac, too! Wink I just can’t stop creating  and I like to do many different things. I will show you my creations, in the future.
I decided to write because this is the first time that I fell in love with a project and had absolutely to make it. Guess what? Yes, the jordy bag! I made some for me and my friends and they all like them. Thanks Jordy!!!
But, since I guess you have enough of seeing jordy bags, I show you my personal version of hobo-Jordy bag.

It’s been very easy to do. And very quick!
It only request a one-piece pattern.

Hope you like it.
(Sorry for my English…)
Ciao!

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone happens to still have this tutorial and can post it here please?  I know what a Jordy is and how it's made, I'm just really interested in seeing how this one was constructed, and what it actually looks like!

Hugs and happy sewing
Naomi
Adelaide, Sth Australia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapeduper
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009 05:31:59 PM »

HELP! How can I get the pics and tutorial for this??

Here is the tutorial I found and used to make the bag:
http://makestuf.blogspot.com/2007/09/hobo-jordy-bag-o.html

This is my version of the bag:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14860044

I hope this helps:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop crafting!!!
jl409
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009 10:43:04 AM »

Is there another way I can view the pics? I would love to see your bag! For some reason it says they have been moved or deleted..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juaniece
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009 05:37:29 AM »

Tapeduper, your bag is flat out Pretty!  Did you alter the height measurements of the original pattern?  I have some gorgeous fabric and would like to do this.  Yours is lovely!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapeduper
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009 07:46:54 AM »

Thanks so much Juaniece, and jl409!!!  I will try to put up pictures here since I think I have enough posts now to do that.  I will also try to put up my altered pattern if I can figure out how.

Ok, here you go Grin

Here is the pattern:

You could use this pattern here: http://www.zooomr.com/photos/zaty/3344711/  or try what I did (I altered the size and arch of the purse).  I took regular sheets of paper and pieced them together to make the pattern.  First piece together pieces of paper to make a (approximately) 13 3/4 (this is going to be the bottom) wide by 13 1/2 tall for the body.  Measure 10" up from the bottom and mark.  Next fold the paper in half across the bottom measurement. You should have a folded piece 7" by 13 1/2.  At the top, measure 1" from the fold toward sides and mark.  Now, at the 10"  mark draw a half circle, really more like an arch, from here to the 1" mark you just made by the fold.  I just free handed it but you could use a plate or if you have a nice tool that makes circles.  Open up and this is the body of the bag.  For the handle  I took another piece of paper and cut 2 1/2" wide by 11 1/2.  You can make it longer or shorter depending on how long you want the strap to be.  I like it long so I can throw it over my should.  Now fold this in half and draw an arch on the top.  This will make the top of the strap rounded.  You could leave it square if you prefer.  Next just tape to the other piece (body of purse).  Then you can put it together like the tutorial here: http://makestuf.blogspot.com/2007/09/hobo-jordy-bag-o.html.  For the bottom I don't cut out the corners first.  I just form a triangle, sew it the width I want the bottom to be, and then cut the corner then.  I also made some smaller and some deeper by changing the height or width of the bag.  This pattern is like the pictures I put up here.  It is really easy and takes no time to make.  If anyone needs more info or better instructions just send me a meassage and I will be happy to help if I can.  Hopefully my instructions make sense  Undecided I hope this helps you to make it:)  Have fun:)

Tapeduper
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009 09:13:18 AM by tapeduper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop crafting!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick Spring Beauty Tricks
Retro, Mad Men-Inspired Makeup Anyone Can Pull Off
Ask Marianna: Beach Waves, Dry Skin and Summer Foundation
3 Highlighters That Instantly Perfect Any Skin Type
Regret Your Tattoo?
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...