A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Confusing Pattern: PLEASE Help  (Read 443 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geekella
« on: December 25, 2008 07:40:38 PM »

this makes absolutely no sense to me. maybe one of you all can help me?

i'm crocheting a shirt. it first asks me to do the back, which is a simplework of dc stitches. easy enough. then the shaping for the arm hole comes up. this is what it says:

"Continuing in dc work amrhole shaping for each size noted below as follows: Sk the last 2(3,3,4) sts and the end of the next two rows.

size small: Dc2tog at each end of Rows 26,27,28,32, and 40."

i know what a dc2tog is. but what this section is asking of you is rediculously confusing to me. pleeeeaaase help.

i don't know what it means when it says "skip the last 2 sts and the end of the next two rows. and after the "size small" part, it skips rows. so what in the world am i going to be doing on rows 29,30,31, and 33-40? just simply dc in those rows? if so, how does "Sk the last 2(3,3,4) sts and the end of the next two rows" come into all this

phew my head's gonna explode Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008 07:10:24 AM »

Basically, you have to make the armhole different sizes depending on what you need, and so I think here you DC2tog into the stitches listed from the piece you've just worked up.

For the "skip the last 2 sts at the end of the next 2 rows," you simply don't stitch into them. You'll have a shorter row before you turn.

Without seeing the entire pattern and the order in which things happen, that's the most I can tell you. But I will say that with complicated patterns, sometimes I just take things one step at a time and trust that it will all work out, even if I don't quite understand why something is happening. Sometimes it doesn't, but often it does, and I usually figure out the point to the instructions when I can see them in action.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
lvb56003
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008 12:26:08 PM »

Hi!

What I believe you are supposed to do is decrease at one end by double crocheting to together and at the other end of the same row you wil stop crocheting 2 stitches before the end of the row to decrease on the other side of the row.  When you turn to do the next row you will repeat that step for 2- 3 more rows.  I hope this has helped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekella
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008 03:17:59 PM »

thanks to both of you very much. ur advice has helped me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar
Wild Animals on Your Tree

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...