A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,921
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twilight Swap Rd. 5  (Read 24550 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiffyp89

that's me and my niece in the picture :)

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2009 12:47:12 PM »

hey guys i know i'm late on this one but does anyone know if there will be another Twilight swap in the near future? *crosses fingers*  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2009 01:06:42 PM »

hey guys i know i'm late on this one but does anyone know if there will be another Twilight swap in the near future? *crosses fingers*  Cheesy

Well, there are people discussing a round 6 on the original idea thread for this one (round 5). 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=282730.0;all 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
tavernkitty
Amigo of the Catigos

Woot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2009 01:13:42 PM »

Ok then... Poll for all of you: 
Who is your favorite literary hero (ASIDE from Edward Cullen... or Jacob Black for all your wolf girls)?  Who makes your heart skip a beat on the written page?  Who do you have to remind yourself is fictional every so often?

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours... ;-)

HAHA! Oh goodness. Lets see... we have to pick just one? Just one? lol. And the definition of a hero... can be misleading. lol. (at least to me.)

YA novels- Severus Snape. Yeah. Snape. Greasy, repungnant Snape, because hes way more human to me than most men. (This is before Alan Rickman played him, but that only adds to the dreaminess of it all. I mean hes in mesmer, and Sense and Sensibility and need I say anything about the deviousness that is him in Sweeny Todd?. ^.^ Yay)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist
tiffyp89

that's me and my niece in the picture :)

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2009 01:47:06 PM »

Well, there are people discussing a round 6 on the original idea thread for this one (round 5). 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=282730.0;all 

thanks jennieingram!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kharizzmatik
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2009 04:32:21 PM »

Well, I honestly can't recall a literary character ever making my heart skip a beat like Mr Edward Cullen does.  I have a few characters that have their own spots in my heart (Nobu in Memoirs of a Geisha comes to mind) but none have ever matched my beloved Cullen  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avari20
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2009 05:41:25 PM »

I admit that it's Rochester for me. It may have been mentioned earlier, but part of what appeals to me in both Edward and Rochester is how flawed but dedicated they are. They have so much regret in them, and they fall in love with these pure, shiny souls that each feels he doesn't really deserve, but wants and needs anyway. There's a longing there that just tugs at my heartstrings. The one book I brought to Korea was, in fact, Jane Eyre.

(It's okay, ladies, I have access to Twilight via ebook!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Will trade yarn for jewelry supplies! PM me if you're interested!
pinkricepudding

Just breathe it in.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2009 05:54:33 PM »

Ian from the Host.

Severus Snape
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
from HP

Mr. Knightly from Emma
Rochester from Jane Eyre

Oh goodness. I love them. But, none of them can quite compare to Edward Cullen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

o0IrishEyes0o
If it comes in pink... I'll take it!

I'm so crafty, I make babies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2009 06:16:03 PM »

Who is your favorite literary hero (ASIDE from Edward Cullen... or Jacob Black for all your wolf girls)?  Who makes your heart skip a beat on the written page?  Who do you have to remind yourself is fictional every so often?

I'm quite the fan of Mr. Darcy myself.  I definately have a soft spot for Rochester too though.  I love the "flawed" hero.

I think that's why I loved Jacob almost as much as I loved Edward.  He wanted so badly to be something else.  He dealt with it differently which,to me, just gnawed at my heart strings.  I just love a good "love triangle" too.

Another book that really killed me because of this was The Notebook.  If you've seen the movie or read the book... then you know what I'm talking about.  Both of the love interests were so perfect... just in different ways. AGH.

Gut wrenching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ o0IrishEyes0o ~*~
shadowsforsale

With enough caffeine, I could rule the world..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2009 06:57:09 PM »

Ok then... Poll for all of you: 

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours... ;-)

I feel so far behind! I have most of my supplies, and my partner is about the nicest person ever for not having made me feel like an idiot first-time swapper.

My literary hero.. that's really difficult. There are just so many! Richard and Asher from the Anita Blake series, umm.. The male archangels in Sharon Shinn's Samaria novels.. Laurie from Little Women, though Professor Bahr was a close second. Oh! And the Mystifying Max Kinsella from Carole Nelson Douglas' Midnight Louie books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For a dreamer night's the only time of day
http://dragcave.net/image/oUlr.gif
edwards1
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2009 07:14:29 PM »

No one has ever made heart skip a beat like Edward. I have never been so effected by a book in my whole life...NEVER! I know it sounds so cliche but the Twilight saga changed my life so dramatically you have no idea!

But if I had to choose another man from a book who really made me a little crazy is Nick from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I know most of you might go "argh" when I say that but he is my musical sole mate and the way he compares the movement of the music and their bodies and the love that built up between them is so quirky but just makes me go "awww" and "I want a Nick".

But he in no way compares to Edward.... like Nick is a perfect 10 and Edward is a 3450394580394850298034590 on a scale from 1 to 10! lol I am sure you get what I mean! lol

Oh and I do love me some Darcy as does any other girl...but again no comparison to Edward Anthony Masen Cullen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists:http://www.wists.com/blabla

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

Top Wishlist (at the moment):
Bella's gloves, La Push hat, Weasley Sweater, and Eclipse hat. Also, a yarn bowl!

Going to Wizarding World soon, and in need of some swag! A bag to carry stuff that is HP while there would be AMAZING
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Raspberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
Brownie Ice Cream Cups Recipe
How to Make a Gingerbread Cookie Train
5-Minute Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...