A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,345
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Christmas  (Read 964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cmouse01
« on: December 22, 2008 11:20:48 AM »

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm hoping here is ok.  DH is totally enthralled the with Harry Potter books.  So, for Christmas this year, I decided to give him a HP Christmas.

First item I finished was a Gryffindor scarf.  I know the colors aren't quite "right", but I don't think he'll care.  This is crocheted.  [Doll is something mom made YEARS ago - she really needs to get her neck restuffed and to have some other clothes!]

The second item he'll receive is a bottle of "butterbeer".  Actually, it's a bottle of Butterscotch Schnapps, but I found a cool label online, and will give him the recipe I found with it.

The big item is the shadowbox.  This was the toughest of all to figure out what to make and put in there.  The map in the center was purchased online.  We had the "Every Flavor Beans" from over when the last book came out (I don't think they're edible anymore anyway!).  The glasses are an old pair of mine that I tried to make look a bit more like Harry's.  The crests from the 4 houses were also found online and printed on "parchment" paper.  I found a little bottle around the house and put a tag of "Veritaserum" on it.  The wand was a stick from our yard that I stripped the bark from, varnished and polyurethaned (just one coat so it's not too shiny).  Then I made a polymer clay handle to fit on the end.  Unfortunately you can't see, but there's a little serpent (also in black) wrapped around the handle.  And finally the strange gold thing up in the left corner is supposed to be a Golden Snitch.

I think my parents are getting him the latest HP book (Tales of the Beedle Bard).  I'm also going to give him an "acceptance letter" to Hogwarts that I printed up and burned the edges to make it look more like parchment.
I hope he likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008 11:42:18 AM »

Lucky person who gets this. Awesome job. Hope someone gets me the book for Christmas too. >.<
Happy Holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008 02:01:47 PM »

I think he will love it all. I know many of us on the HP Christmas swap would love that ButterBeer:P No worries, I think this will be a definite Happy Christmas for him.

Wicked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a New Blank Document in Illustrator CS3
How to Create a New Blank Document in InDesign CS3
How to Create a New Color Swatch in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a New Document From a Template in Illustrator CS3
How to Create a New Image in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...