A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: burdastyle charlie bags for xmas gifts  (Read 948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

charm-city-coop
« on: December 21, 2008 10:50:17 PM »

Just finished the eighth and final reusable shopping tote from the charlie bag pattern from burdastyle.  They're all lined, and I added a little keyring at the top with the original intention of including a little "bonus card" holder on each.  Given the time frame... this may or may not happen!  They're holiday gifts for the girls at work... I think I'll make some winter bark and cookies to give as well.  That should be alright, shouldn't it?

By the way this is my first "new topic" on craftster... so my apologies if I have trouble uploading the image.  We'll see how it goes.  This site has been such an inspiration for me since I became obsessed with it a year ago... I actually have several more projects to post if this one is a success!  I'm so grateful for this community... off topic, I know, but it is such a relief to see that other *sane* adults own rabbits as well!  Thanks craftster!!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011 11:10:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Added picture to first post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
charm-city-coop
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008 10:56:36 PM »

see? I knew I would mess up that image upload business.  Oh well, looks like I'm too new to really post the pictures.. Here's the link to photobucket.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008 10:59:59 PM by charm-city-coop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
*Agony
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008 12:18:21 AM »

nice work  Wink
perhaps i have to make some of this, too.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serpent jewel
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008 12:24:17 AM »

awesome job!
oh and what a coincidence, i also have that beige fabric with the flowers on it, and i'm also using pink lining for the bag i'm making with it Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thrynity
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008 04:45:46 AM »

Great job! I saw that pattern a while ago - I might give it a try now. I'll also second you on the Craftster inspiration bug. I bought a new sewing machine because of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.
JessBee21
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008 06:43:32 AM »

I love love love this pattern.  I also am making a TON of these for christmas presents.  I find that the pattern is really easy and quick to sew up, but makes a fantastic gift!  Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecraftytrundler

Even angels sleep sometimes........

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008 09:08:48 AM »

Smiley
Love those bags, especially the floral cath kidston-like one at the top!!! Look forward to seeing more of your great bags!!! I'm an avid craftster fan too!!!!

Happy Christmas, and Happy Bag Making  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethy_boo
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008 02:24:14 PM »

I heart craftster too! It is for sure inspiration for all my craft projects Smiley

I attempted to make charlie bags this Christmas too but unfortunately I couldn't get to my sewing machine Sad So instead I wrapped the presents I tended to wrap with the charlie bag in fabric I was going to use for the bags instead! I just I think its a really cool environmentally to wrap presents and very useful!

Great Job on your charlie bags I love the fabric you used!

And by the way you have to 10 posts to post pics so just keep posting and will be able to upload pics soon! Trust me, its easy to get 10 posts! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
  - Christopher Morley

wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prevent Red Eye
How to Adjust Light and Shadows in Photoshop Elements
How to Correct Contrast in Adobe Photoshop Elements
Photoshop CS4 - Software Review Part 2/2
Photoshop CS4 - Software Review Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...