A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Maternity Jeans with tutorial  (Read 159506 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ellisa
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2006 11:38:57 AM »

This ROCKS!! I'm newly pregnant and since I'm only 5'2" maternity pants don't fit me well.  Everything way too long.  I can't wait to find what I need to make these work!

THANK YOU!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RosesArePurple
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2006 06:11:02 PM »

Thanks so much for this tute! I just made a pair! I used some jeans from my closet that will probably be out of style in a year anyway and a tshirt from my drawer that had holes in the armpits.

Free! Free! Plus the excuse to buy new jeans after the baby comes in a current style!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
reeneybry
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007 06:14:04 AM »

What a cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ulcdmj
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007 09:56:26 PM »

I like your idea. I modified my clothes when I was pregnant too. The options of maternity clothes out there were minimal when I was expecting. Unless if you wanted to pay a fortune for them. I did mine differently though, I just put in a front panel that I made out of navy blue knit with some elastic. It worked out fine until my last few weeks then they would fit kind of odd but still worked. I was pretty happy with them though because I had more options to choose from rather them the maternity line. Great idea though, I like yours better. Seems to be more comfortable.

Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargardener
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007 07:34:39 AM »

Totally wish I had seen this like a year ago!!  Way to be creative!  I hated spending $$ on clothes that were uncomfortable and ugly!  I will have to remember this!    Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy!  Your baby is lucky it has suck a crafty mama
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnnaReilly

Part cat-woman, part cat-lady...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007 02:49:47 PM »

This is actually from a couple years ago. Wink My "baby" is almost 2.5.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams
minivanmomma

Pumpkin #3 - thumbs up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2007 08:20:34 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I just found I'm prego with numero 3 and my pants are already feeling tight.. This thread rocks even now!

Thanks for keeping the photos active this is perfect Smiley

edited to say numero 3 pregnancy, numero 4 ( have a stepson)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007 08:21:27 PM by minivanmomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calixta
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008 04:39:30 PM »

I just finished making a pair of these! I'm 23 weeks along and since I'm long waisted have been able to get along with my larger pairs of jeans for now... but things are getting a bit  squishy.

A problem I had .. and for experienced sewers I'm sure you're going to think "well, duh" but it didn't occur to me....

Make sure your sewing machine is well oiled if you are having a problem with the thicker fabric and already are using a heavier duty needle and thread! I didn't realize oiling a sewing machine could make that big of a difference. In fact I had never oiled mine *blush* despite using it for several years of Halloween costumes, simple sewing projects and general repairs.

now I know better!

Maybe I'll post a picture of how mine turn out once my BF gets home and I can get him to take a few of me wearing them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karen09
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008 09:29:53 PM »

waa waa Cry wish i would have found this earlier. i only have about 4 weeks left of my preggoness. awesome idea. now i know for next time. great job!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I went a little overboard making reusable nursing pads Tongue PM if you want to swap for some.
Looking to swap for an old skeleton key!

also looking for a penpal, i want to make friends all over the world!!
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2008 08:32:36 AM »

That looks great! I don't think I would have the courage to do that....maybe I will when the time comes. muahaha. Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Doetsch on Thieves of Legend
Willie Robertson on The Duck Commander Family
The Story Behind American Phoenix by Sarah S. Kilborne
How to Turn a Collection of Ideas Into a Book
How an Editor Improves the Book Writing Process
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...