A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please help me find a pattern!  (Read 529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elysian
« on: December 21, 2008 10:49:17 AM »

I have looked everywhere for this, and perhaps one of you can point me to the right one.

I saw a pattern in a shop in Indiana (Timeless Needlework in Speedway) and it was too expensive for me to buy.  So I (stupidly) didn't buy it!  I have been thinking about it ever since, and I have been trying to search for it online, but have been having no success.

It looks like a color wheel, a round pattern with parts of every color, and it's not simply cross stitch but also incorporates stars and squares.  I have searched for "color wheel" cross stitch, and nothing that comes up looks anything like it.  I am assuming that color wheel isn't the name of the pattern, so I'm not sure what the name could be.

Please help me with this...thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesit
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008 11:57:29 AM »

Hmm....I am about 5 minutes away from Speedway, Indiana!  Have you gone back to look for the pattern or were you visiting when you saw it?  Let me know and I may be able to help if you are no longer in the area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookwormbethie
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008 12:33:58 PM »

have you tried calling the store and asking them about the pattern and who makes it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elysian
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008 01:09:45 PM »

I tried to email them but I'm not sure if anyone checks the email or if I even have the right one!

I know exactly where it was in the store, on the left hand side sitting upright in one of those metal things.

I'm in England now, and I can't get back to Indiana for a while at least.  I can't find the thing on the internet!

If you are stopping into the shop I would be thrilled if you could look for that pattern and tell me the name of it.  I hope it's still there, it's never left my mind  Smiley

I'm sorry if the description isn't very detailed.  It was all sorts of colors, but it wasn't a picture of anything, and neat different stitches.  I wish I had just bought it when I had the chance!

I may call them but it does cost money from here, and that's a last resort for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesit
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008 01:58:47 PM »

I just looked up their phone number online and it is disconnected.  How long ago did you visit?  The store may not be there any longer.  I will drive by the address tomorrow and report back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elysian
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008 02:46:27 PM »

Oh no!!!

Don't tell me the store is gone!  *hyperventilates*

I hope the place is still there, it's in a little strip mall and I passed it once before I found it.

I hope if it is gone that someone can still point me to the same pattern somewhere online.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009 03:31:00 AM »

I'm sure if you'll be able to find the exact pattern you are looking for, but I did a search and I found some interesting color wheel stitchings. 

http://flickr.com/photos/wardi/2260466215/in/set-72157594178401009/
This one I found on Flickr and it's really neat - it's a color wheel embroidery. 

There is another one on this page 2nd from the bottom that's a square shape

Sorry that is all I could find  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blood Ties Book Trailer
David Grann Reveals His Previous Occupation
Kathy Charles Talks About John Belushi Is Dead
Lynda LaPlante Talks About Silent Scream
Judith Viorst Talks About Unexpectedly Eighty
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...