A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Biscotti  (Read 1043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wickedgoodknitta
Would like to be a wicked betta knitta!

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2008 09:34:42 AM »

I am not a picky eater, but I do not really like nuts and I do not like anise at all. Both are key ingredients in these cranberry-pistachio biscotti that I LOVE so much. I make them every Christmas for gifts and for a cookie to go along side the main dessert at Christmas dinner. (The trick is for me not to eat them between now and then.) Here is a link for the recipe on epicurious. I highly recommend them; the only bother about making them is melting the white chocolate at a low enough temperature so it doesn't seize up. (Oh, and shelling the pistachios, but I find that kind of a mindless task that doesn't bother me.)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Holiday-Biscotti-with-Cranberries-and-Pistachios-108977

This was a good activity for a snowy morning in New England. Here is a photo outside my back porch, so you can see why more baking and wrapping will happen today.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Go Red Sox!
everkutz
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008 10:12:03 AM »

The biscotti sounds delicious!  The snow picture is beautiful!  I'm in Florida, with my a/c running and wearing shorts.  I'd love snow for one day, just one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
frootloopdaydream
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008 10:15:09 AM »

mmmm, looks delicious! it's posts like these that make me want to come out of hiding and try my luck in the kitchen once again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wickedgoodknitta
Would like to be a wicked betta knitta!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008 10:22:44 AM »

The biscotti sounds delicious!  The snow picture is beautiful!  I'm in Florida, with my a/c running and wearing shorts.  I'd love snow for one day, just one day.

The grass is always greener (or the snow is always whiter) on the other side. Everything is canceled and it takes 20 minutes to get dressed enough to take the dog out. Oh well, I'm happy that we have power. Some of our neighbors in NH are trying to survive this since being without power after an ice storm over a week ago!

Oh well, a Christmas cookie is a Christmas cookie in warmth or cold. Enjoy the cookies and the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Go Red Sox!
lizi
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008 12:45:16 PM »

they look lovely! I love baking biscotti but I always burn them on at least one of the bakings!

The snow is beautiful, I wish we could have a white christmas here in England.

xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DebsGardens
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008 04:37:14 PM »

I am going to try this recipe! I have been wanting to make this and now is the time...perfect to bring on Christmas day to my brother's. Currently -20 ish below with windchill here in the Chicagoland area...FREEZING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Micro Braids
How to Retwist Dreads
How to Plait Hair
How to Flat Iron Black Hair
How to French Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...