A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twilight-Edward's Eyes and Seth, and a dragonfly one too!  (Read 1327 times)
Tags for this thread: twilight  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bellalupina
« on: December 20, 2008 07:31:21 PM »

A few more bracelets from my recent jewelry-obsessed phase with info from my deviantART:

I was commissioned to create a Christmas present for a friend's daughter who likes Twilight. Rather than just making the sweatshirt alone, I decided to put together a Twilight package for her.

This bracelet is made using crystal beads (Swarovskis I think) in dark red/brown and light pink/tan. I wanted to create a bracelet that spanned the ever-changing color of Edward's eyes depending upon when he had hunted last. The colors in the picture are a little affected by the flash, the lighter beads can be almost clear in the light and both have a more red tint.

Yet another Twilight wolf bracelet, if you can't tell these are some of my favorite things to create. This particular bracelet features the same beads as Edward's Eyes, but this time is Seth-themed. Since Edward and Seth are such good friends in the book, I figured they wouldn't mind sharing beads. Smiley

Seth is my favorite werewolf second perhaps to Jacob, though the two are a close tie if anything. He may be young, but he is so positive and happy that it always makes me smile. I used a small bronze wolf charm to accent the beads, but only had silver findings. These shots show how much these beads change color depending on where they are and how they're placed. For this shot I feel the colors really worked, with the lighter beads fading to a light brown and even pink in some places. Werewolves are warm on the outside, and I think Seth probably has a very warm heart as well! Smiley

Finally, a bracelet for my coworker using green glass beads, small green crystal beads, and silver dragonfly beads.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008 07:01:03 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

http://moonlit0wolfess.deviantart.com/

www.myspace.com/katherineelisemusic

I do personal swaps!
Galena
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008 10:05:09 AM »

once again, lovely work.

I love the colour of those beads. really pretty.

the first one would be rather lovely with a little crystal heart on it, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

that's great, it starts with an earthquake. birds and snakes, an aeroplane
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008 10:20:39 AM »

This is funny, I've been thinking about making jewelry based on Bella's descriptions of Edward's "topaz" eyes.  I was in Hobby Lobby the other day trying to pry myself away from the beads... at least until after Christmas, but this just made it SO much harder!  Nice work! 

**Jennie heads sheepishly towards her bead stash, despite the presents she has to finish today...**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
bellalupina
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008 03:55:46 PM »

once again, lovely work.

I love the colour of those beads. really pretty.

the first one would be rather lovely with a little crystal heart on it, I think.

Thank you!  I had thought about that and I may do it in the future.  For this one I had limited time and materials, but I'm sure there will be more Edward jewelry on the way. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

I do personal swaps!
bellalupina
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008 03:57:18 PM »

This is funny, I've been thinking about making jewelry based on Bella's descriptions of Edward's "topaz" eyes.  I was in Hobby Lobby the other day trying to pry myself away from the beads... at least until after Christmas, but this just made it SO much harder!  Nice work! 

**Jennie heads sheepishly towards her bead stash, despite the presents she has to finish today...**

Thank you! Hehe, I know what you mean.  I went to a craft supply store the other day looking for supplies for Christmas presents and came out with materials to make myself some jewelry!  We'll just pretend I'm practicing for presents, yeah that's it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008 04:32:56 PM »

Not to be too creepy/stalkerish, but I just noticed via your profile that you're in NH!  I'm from NH originally, and have moved around a lot the last 5 years.  I was in NH for the past year, but moved down to KY in August for my job... I miss home.   

I'm from all over NH, but mostly Manchvegas, though I've lived in Conway, Bedford, Concord and Franklin too.  Where are you from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
bellalupina
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008 04:56:46 PM »

Not to be too creepy/stalkerish, but I just noticed via your profile that you're in NH!  I'm from NH originally, and have moved around a lot the last 5 years.  I was in NH for the past year, but moved down to KY in August for my job... I miss home.   

I'm from all over NH, but mostly Manchvegas, though I've lived in Conway, Bedford, Concord and Franklin too.  Where are you from?

That's cool, I'm actually from New Boston.  Think hicks, and sheep. Tongue But I love my town so it's okay.  I do spend a lot of time in Manchester though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eugene Soulieman on The 80s Hair Trend
DJ Riggs on the Mara Hoffman Spring 2012 Hair Trends at NYFW
See If This Ionic Brush Can Really Smooth Frizzy Hair
Update Your Look With Hair Extensions
How to Get Soft and Shiny Locks with Steam
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...