A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 307,974
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The First Birth: Little Dolly! (3 pics!)  (Read 3068 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yukito!
kibou no hikari

Turning The Room Blue!

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2008 03:44:55 PM »

Hey All!

So I've been hiding out in the crochet forums for a while seeing as my escapades with my sewing machine aren't going too swimmingly (it wants to kill me!) and found myself inspired to take up the hook and have a go at creating something on par with the beautiful creations posted here.

Seeing as I'm really really new to crochet I had to bother my Nana for a few balls of wool and a hook then trawl for a pattern that I really really liked...several days later I stumbled upon this pattern:/http://stitch.hellooperator.net/free-patterns/amigurumi-doll

I couldn't believe my luck at having found a really sweet pattern all with relatively easy instructions...but the pattern was in charts...so I worked out millions of little sums and managed to turn charts into simple English!...then changed it all a wee bit (the dress, head, hair, feet and hands are my own work as the ones in the pattern didn't seem to look right so I made her my own way)

so after much toil and labour, many re-do's and double takes and much throwing away of the pattern, dolly was born!!!

In all her glory-ness!

Can't really decide what to do with her face...I think she looks a little sad but very cute just like this.

Looking into space...aww shes soooo cute!

Dolly was made with acrylic/ wool mix Robin DK and acrylic aran wool for her hair, dress and shoes.
she has no name yet as she's a Christmas pressie for my boyfriends mom! hope she likes her!

Thanks for taking the time to read this seeing as its very long...sorry! any comments or suggestions on a face or name or how i can improve would be really fantastic!
P.S. would you want one of these for Christmas or is it a little childish?

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets Play Cosplay In The Closet!
pinkmichk
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008 03:52:48 PM »

this is fab great job i would like it if i were to open a present with it in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
Yukito!
kibou no hikari

Turning The Room Blue!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008 03:56:57 PM »

YAY! First reply! ooooo maybe Im getting too excited but one reply tells me that at least one person likes my first stab at crochet! Id love to make one of these for a swap sometime, only thing is she took me ages to make.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aphelia
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008 05:14:11 PM »

She is beautiful.. Smiley I think her name is Tabatha or something like that... :p

Her face is sweet, I would maybebaby added a small, shy smile, but I'm not sure... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadestone
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008 05:25:25 PM »

She's wonderful!!! I can't believe your new at this. It really came out well and all the effort you put into it was worth it. Give yourself a big pat on the back. you deserve it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yukito!
kibou no hikari

Turning The Room Blue!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008 06:00:18 PM »

wow thanks for the positive comments! Im so happy people replied to my post, she was alot of hard work!

Tabitha sounds like a wicked cool name but i think its maybe up to her new owner to decide! i thought about adding some blush to her cheeks instead of an embroidered face....ooooo i dont know i dont wanna ruin her!

Thanks again for all the encoruagement towards my little dolly!
*rings hands cackling " today crochet, tomorrow THE WORLD!"*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotuspixie
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008 08:27:25 PM »

her hair is beautiful!

how did you do her hair?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
teachingjonah
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008 04:40:54 AM »

That was your first crochet project?  You did great.  I love her very much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yukito!
kibou no hikari

Turning The Room Blue!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008 08:28:14 AM »

Lotuspixie: The hair in the pattern called just for the top of the head to be done in rows with each piece added with a loop (if that makes any sense!) instead of just doing the top of the head Ive done the whole head, starting with the top thingy bit (where i started with a magic loop) and went roghd in spirals going back on bits that looked a bit bear.

Thanks for looking and giving me your comments, makes me very happy that people have taken the time to look and give great encouragement!

(if anyone wants me to post the pattern adjustments and the true pattern I worked out from the little chart thing I can do. *perhaps walkthrough on how I did the hair*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008 12:21:01 PM »

She's absolutely adorable and I wouldn't change a thing about her face .. I love her with just the eyes! I'm 43 and would LOVE to open a package and have her in it!! Beautiful work for your first crochet project Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...