A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a bunch of projects! Hats, scarves, mittens, slippers...  (Read 8551 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , scarf , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunnyrabbit

will trade craft supplies for yarn!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009 12:07:53 PM »

more scarves! its nearly getting too warm for them here Cry but since we had a silent auction for our fine arts festival at school, i wanted to be able to contribute.

we're the mediapolis bulldogs (try and put that on a scarf), and we're black and orange!

this is the only pic i have as well, taken on my boy's snazzy new phone. (still not as good as camera pics though)

i don't remember what the technique is called for the top scarf... i just hid the color i wasn't using inside my stitches!
on the right, i have a shell-stitch pattern very similar to the pink one i did before, and on the left is single crochet, double-row stripes.

they each went for less than twenty, which was a bit disappointing, but on par with the auction in general, so i'm satisfied.
thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need to get rid of stuff!! i have soap kits, bath salt kits, lip balm kits, plain canvas tote bags, fabric paints, and other stuff i'm trying to clean out. It'd be cool to swap for yarn, but i'll give it away FREE! PM me if you're interested!!!
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009 12:11:37 PM »

not yet an FO, but i HAD to share!!!

i worked up some of the yarn from my recent foray into dyeing, and here's how it's turned out so far:

i <3 <3 <3 it!!!!

and the ball itself... (about softball size)

and the post about the dyeing experience.... (can you tell i'm a proud yarnma?)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297719.msg3392965#msg3392965

thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need to get rid of stuff!! i have soap kits, bath salt kits, lip balm kits, plain canvas tote bags, fabric paints, and other stuff i'm trying to clean out. It'd be cool to swap for yarn, but i'll give it away FREE! PM me if you're interested!!!
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009 12:14:45 PM »

my first magazine project Grin

i made a scrubbie!! from the mar/apr issue of Crochet! Today!! i haven't used it yet because i wanted to get pictures of it first...

double-strand sugar n' cream cotton, nice and thick and tight

see? it even LOOKS like the picture (and that's an accomplishment for me!)

and a close-up! (no action shots yet... but soon!)

thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009 12:56:34 PM »

oo i wanted to make those scrubbies! did they work up quickly?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009 01:02:14 PM »

oo i wanted to make those scrubbies! did they work up quickly?

yep! nice and quick - though it's easier to buy two balls of yarn than to unravel a whole one all over the living room and get it all tangled just so you can hold two strands together... (which you do need to do).... come to think of it, unraveling the yarn and re-balling it actually took longer than the project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aryqa
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009 04:26:19 PM »

Oh I LOVE the raspberry scarf.  The stitch is lovely and you said the pic looked red to you, but it comes across on my computer in the nice deep pink that it should be, if it is the same simply soft shade that I was drooling over today. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009 10:39:45 AM »

thanks guys Cheesy i <3 feeling so loved....

i found a few more of my winter projects i hadn't posted yet!

first up, a hat, modeled by my trombone:

i literally nearly ran out, so i also used double-strand caron simply soft in this great indigo color, and for the brim i hid another strand inside my stitching to make it extra sturdy, but it still pulls flat on my head when i put it on.
oh well, the boy says its cute anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009 10:45:25 AM »

yes, i realllly stretched my stash of mosaic twist!!

i did a solid row of dc, then dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, etc. to create the little open spaces. not only did it make my yarn go farther, but when it stretches around my neck the little openings close themselves!!

it tucks so nicely into my coat without being bulky! (its really hard to take pictures of yourself...)

and the side view - with the pretty buttons!

and on my desk, you can kind of see the stitching pattern off on the right...

and a close-up, with the loops!

as always, thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009 10:49:03 AM »

so i had extra of my caron simply soft after making my numbers scarf from the previous pages... not enough for another scarf, or a hat... so i made a cowl.

used a nice big hook, then slip stitched them together. it ruffles so warm and soft around my neck

and on my desk, you can see it's just a big loop!

finally, a close-up of the stitching, with a little bit of the slip-stitching on the left side

thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009 07:47:30 AM »

i whipped up these little babies after looking at pattern after pattern on various sites around the web. (and two trips to the craft store)
i found one i liked, but after wasting two hours just trying to get the sole to come out right, i gave up and made up my own pattern!

for my coworker's baby shower, i give you.... ruffle-tie booties!

i used bernat baby jacquard and a 3.5 mm hook
gauge: 6sc per 1"

abbreviations used (U.S.)
ch = chain
st = stitch
ss = slip stitch
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
sc2tog = single crochet 2 together

to start my round projects, i usually just tie a square knot of yarn around my hook, leaving a bit of play in the size of the loop, then when all is said and done i take the end that was left and cross it over the opening to close the space in the center (if there even is one)

Round 1: ch1 in loop, hdc6 in loop, join w/ ss
Round 2: ch2, 2hdc in each (12hdc), join w/ ss
Round 3: ch2, [1hdc in first st, 2hdc in next], repeat [] around, join w/ ss (18hdc)
Round 4: ch2, [1hdc in first 2st, 2hdc in next], repeat [] around, join w/ ss (24 hdc)

Round 5: ch1, sc in each st, join w/ ss (24 sc)
* Repeat round 5 four more times * (5 rounds sc)

ROW 10: ch1, turn work, sc19 across
* Repeat Row 15 more times * (16 rows sc)

Turn bootie inside out; from the top, ss top 8 stitches together, leaving three unstitched at the bottom.
Tie off and weave in ends

For top: around foot and heel only, not toe!
Row 1: sc across top, (31 sc)
Row 2: ch1, turn work, sc2tog, sc in next 27, last two sc2tog
Row 3: ch1, turn work, sc2tog, sc in next 23, last two sc2tog
Row 4: ch1, turn work, sc2tog, [ch1, skip st, sc1 in next], repeat [] to last two st, sc2 tog
Row 5: ch1, turn work, sc in each (use space below ch st)
Row 6; ch1, turn work, sc3 in each to create ruffle
Tie off and weave in ends

To finish: Braid a length of yarn, weave through spaces made in Row4 of top, tie over your cutie's feet!!

thanks for looking! c&c appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Healthier Chocolate Cake
Lighter Triple-Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Key Lime Pie in a Coconut Cake Recipe
Cranberry and Cherry Brownie Recipe
How to Make a Greek Yogurt Cake
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...