A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a bunch of projects! Hats, scarves, mittens, slippers...  (Read 8150 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , scarf , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RepentantAngel
Empress of the World At Large

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008 06:07:07 PM »

These are all SO beautiful! Your work is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people have midnight snacks.
I have midnight amigurumis. ^_^

www.yarncreations.w ordpress.com

"Oh, Ackbar. You dumb, dumb, dumb fish man."
---My boyfriend
bunnyrabbit

will trade craft supplies for yarn!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008 07:27:46 AM »

thank you thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need to get rid of stuff!! i have soap kits, bath salt kits, lip balm kits, plain canvas tote bags, fabric paints, and other stuff i'm trying to clean out. It'd be cool to swap for yarn, but i'll give it away FREE! PM me if you're interested!!!
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009 01:58:51 PM »

MITTENS!!!!

done in yarn bee mosaic twist (i'm SO disappointed they discontinued that yarn).... i started them like a year ago and finally got around to finishing them this year. my favorite part is the cuff!

they're a little bunch in places when you try to lay them flat, but they fit perfectly, see?

thanks for checking it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need to get rid of stuff!! i have soap kits, bath salt kits, lip balm kits, plain canvas tote bags, fabric paints, and other stuff i'm trying to clean out. It'd be cool to swap for yarn, but i'll give it away FREE! PM me if you're interested!!!
mollybgood
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009 07:00:50 AM »

Love, Love, Love the scarves with numbers and notes.  So meaningful to the recipient. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009 06:22:29 PM »

yay!! mary janes!!! it somehow never ceases to amaze me how i can use the same pattern, yarn, and hook and still end up with two slightly different items... or maybe my feet are just weird.  Tongue

anywho, i used the mary jane slipper tutorial off of our wonderful crochet tutorial list, though i did modify it. i used one strand of lion brand homespun together with one strand of caron simply soft in purple, used a k (6.5mm) hook, and used rounds of 6, 12, 18, and 24 single crochet instead of half-double. it produced a really nice, stiff "fabric"... i think they'll hold up nice!

anyway, onto the pics!

here's a front view..... (love the way the homespun kind of modulates from blue undertones to brown...)

and a side view....

i think i'm going to add another row across the top of the slipper from the back of the band around the heel, help it stay on a little better.

and the button!

no, i didn't deface government property - i just found these awesome quarter shank buttons. i think i now have an obsession with shank buttons!

thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009 08:58:12 PM »

so this is the scarf i made for my boyfriend for valentine's day... used single crochet, bernat cashmere for the gray yarn and i don't remember what i used for the black, but he likes it, and he wears it on tv all the time, so i'm happy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetedkitten
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009 07:49:27 AM »

Your slippers look cute AND cozy.  How soft do they feel when you wear them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life Is Short, Crochet Naked!
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009 12:42:59 PM »

oh.... they feel wonderful! especially when the laundry-room is in a cement basement.... ick for laundry, yay for slippers!

(thank you, btw!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hheever
Hooked on Crochet worked for me.

Help, I started crocheting, and I can't stop!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009 09:16:17 PM »

your stuff is great. Do you find that the stitches feel harsh against the soles of your feet?  I have made these a bunch of times and am contemplating putting an insole or some foam on the inside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic-Buffy Summers

Mine is much more advanced-Xander Harris

I-I like my women like I like my coffee, er, covered in bees! [to the bees] All right, back off, back off! Argh!" -Eddie Izzard

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss-Rent
bunnyrabbit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009 06:06:28 AM »

thanks!
no, i don't really feel them (i abuse my poor feet with high heels, so i have a bunch of calluses), but man, inserts/foam would be HEAVENLY.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Last-Minute Preproduction
Why Film?
LIZ PD15: Film Comparisons
Tension on Set!!
Loading the Film - Tutorial Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...