A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cowl Swap Gallery!  (Read 5412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whisp3rd
« on: December 19, 2008 09:15:06 PM »

Post some goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008 03:50:34 AM »

I received from my fantastic partner o0IrishEyes0o! I absolutely love everything - they are very much my style, and really warm to boot. Cheesy

Now, pictures:

Action shot of the cowl itself. Please excuse my messy hair and dopey expression. Tongue It's super warm and I love the colours. And it has buttons! Eee, I love buttons! Especially when they look like gears. Cheesy

Here you can see the buttons a bit better. Also, note how the end overlaps - that covers the gap between my coat and the cowl perfectly. How clever!

I also got a hat. It's really pretty - the yarn has a subtle shimmer, and the swirly pattern is fantastic. It's a tiny bit big on me, mostly because I have an unreasonably small head. I love it anyway. Smiley

Better shot of the stitch pattern.

And finally, cute little wristwarmers. They are really thick and warm. I'm actually wearing them right now. Cheesy I adore them.

There was also a tonne of chocolate with peanut butter, which we don't get here. I have a feeling that won't last long. Wink

Thank you so much, IrishEyes! I love everything and know it'll come in very handy now that we finally have freezing temperatures again. This package was a fantastic Christmas present. I hope you get my package soon and like it as much as I liked mine. (I also hope my advance Christmas package gets there soon. Bloody postal service.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
myklia
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008 04:33:34 AM »

Everything is really gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThatsWhatSheSaid
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008 08:44:48 AM »

Awesome stuff!!!

That reminds me...I need to send my package!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
o0IrishEyes0o
If it comes in pink... I'll take it!

I'm so crafty, I make babies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008 01:48:59 PM »

Heehee.  I didn't even get to post teasers!  I'm so glad you caught the gear buttons Smiley  They were an ebay find that once I saw them I KNEW they had to be on your cowl Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ o0IrishEyes0o ~*~
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008 07:37:57 PM »

I got my goodiessss Cheesy
when I opened the package the first thing I noticed was that it smelt like chocolate peppermint. and to my ecstatic surprise there was some! it is DE.LI.COUS!! it's just as good as the ghiradelli stuff btw. how'd you make it?

everything but the cat toy and the candy (please excuse the sleepy expression on my cat's face lol)

the lovely cowl/scoodie with sparkly stars Cheesy

I love the button you used (and as an added bonus my kitty's toes XD)

Micah wearing the scoodie

and she knitted Micah a cat toy

as soon as I shook the ball and it jingled he came running and was playing with it. he picked it up in his mouth and carried it off (that means he loves it!) and he was pawing at, it smelled his paw then started licking it (maybe it tasted like chocolate peppermint?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008 10:52:31 PM »

Oh, I like the hood idea. (Cute cat, btw. Cheesy )

In completely unrelated news, it's Christmas! There's snow! Yay! (I'm kind of a Christmas person, don't know if you could tell. Tongue )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008 11:20:11 PM »

tomorrow is christmas eve!!! Cheesy
I'm going to christmas mass with the bf and his parents then prolly staying the night at their house and then present time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008 05:04:25 AM »

Yay! I'm glad you liked everything  Grin Mine should get here today!!
Your kitty is so cute, I'm glad he liked his toy.

Oh, and the peppermint bark was reeeally easy to make. Just melt some chocolate (very carefully, double boiler is best but you can do it in the microwave. Just don't burn it!). I added a little peppermint oil to the chocolate after it was melted. Then spread the chocolate on a pan lined with wax paper and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. You have to push them down a little to get them to stick. But, thats it! Just stick it in the fridge to cool down and break into pieces.

Happy Christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008 05:24:16 AM »

First of all, that hood is really cute (as well is kitty).

Yay! I'm glad you liked everything  Grin Mine should get here today!!
Your kitty is so cute, I'm glad he liked his toy.

Oh, and the peppermint bark was reeeally easy to make. Just melt some chocolate (very carefully, double boiler is best but you can do it in the microwave. Just don't burn it!). I added a little peppermint oil to the chocolate after it was melted. Then spread the chocolate on a pan lined with wax paper and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. You have to push them down a little to get them to stick. But, thats it! Just stick it in the fridge to cool down and break into pieces.

Happy Christmas!

I was trying to think of what to make my sisters family that wouldn't require a ton of work and I already have crushed candy canes around.  Yay!!! I made this last year (with white chocolate) and forgot all about it.  Thanks for bringing it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Hire a Landscape Architect
How to Avoid the Worst Design Mistakes
Design for a Murphy stage fold up stage
The Future of Architectural Design
Simon De Pury Talks About Design
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...