A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cowl Swap Gallery!  (Read 5244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadyFiasco
if theres only one truth that i know, its that the stitches that we've made are the best i've ever sewn'- Josh Pyke

No tv, i have a sewing machine and crochet hooks!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009 05:18:07 AM »

I said i'd post twice, because Scotskipper doesn't have a camera handy very often...
So, you get to see my ugly mug in 2 different cowls... LUCKY!!

This is what i sent from Australia all the way to America...
(keep in mind my package wasn't quite as packed full of goodies as the one she sent me) Tongue

This is the Ocean inspired cowl...

The buttons are made of shell, and fasten like a cufflink, or, 'cowl-link' as my man refers to them!

I wanted to send things that are made in Aus, particularly the state i'm from, so,
I sent a couple of bars of delicious soap (i'm so lucky i have a friend that makes such gorgeous soaps), one that was also made with local honey and bees wax.
A candle that was scented like the area i grew up in (sounds strange, but wine growing regions do have a distinct scent, especially at harvest...)
And a selection of locally made jams, also from an area i grew up in...

Last but not least the local chocolate covered dried apricot and peach delicacy FruChos... YUM!!

I have it on good authority that the aroma of the whole package was delicious and she couldn't wait to get into it!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009 05:20:29 AM by LadyFiasco » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyFiasco
if theres only one truth that i know, its that the stitches that we've made are the best i've ever sewn'- Josh Pyke

No tv, i have a sewing machine and crochet hooks!

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009 05:24:06 AM »

Oh, that looks so wonderful and fluffy. Cheesy Nice extras as well.

(My partner received a week ago and still hasn't posted pictures. I might have to resort to nagging. Tongue )

It really was the nicest package ever!!

It's taken me forever to post pics too!!
There's just not enough time over the Dec/Jan period!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009 07:04:15 AM »

I have it on good authority that the aroma of the whole package was delicious and she couldn't wait to get into it!!

You got THAT right. Plus the cowl goes with everything. I'm so spoiled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009 07:07:46 AM »

I absolutely adore the colours of that cowl, and the cufflink idea is very clever. Also, the soaps look divine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009 07:23:40 AM »

the AMAZING sunshine cowl Scotskipper made for me...
I had to take the photos at night, cuz it's just a little warm for a cowl during the day here, being summer and all!!

I should have realized -- fun fur with cotton yarn is still FUR. Tongue Now working on something summery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Yikesitsmindy
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009 09:14:07 AM »

I received yesterday! My swap partner Sweety did a fantastic job I am so stoked but my camera needs batteries so I will get on that later today. Thank you so much Noa you are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweety
I Love polymer caly hamburgers!! They're vegeterian..LoL:)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009 12:03:22 PM »

I'm really excited!!
& soo happy u liked everything!!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Swaps!!
Would love to do personal one's Cheesy
myklia
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009 03:47:14 PM »

I love both the cowls.  That is a great use for fun fur stuff.  As much as I hate fun fur, I bet it makes it extra warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i_am_138
Sew Vicious

Sew Vicious

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009 06:16:47 PM »

I just got IggyBoy's AMAZING cowls and stuff. I will post pictures soon, but I think everyone is going to be jealous of his amazing craftyness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

o0IrishEyes0o
If it comes in pink... I'll take it!

I'm so crafty, I make babies!

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009 10:11:02 PM »

First off - many thousand apologies for not being very active on the gallery here.  The whole house had a flu (including my dog) so life has been interesting and germ filled.

Now... to spam you all with my gorgeous goodies... which I received about a week ago Smiley  I also received a cute little package with some salt licorice (very interesting tasting.  I've let a few people try it and it's sort of hit or miss whether they like it.  My one friend adored it and I thought she was going to run away with it)... and a super sweet adorable little bird ornament.  I do not have a picture of the bird ornament b/c I loved it so much he never made it into my house,  Smiley  He is hanging in my car Smiley

1.  My gorgeous package.  My bird ornament has a similar colour scheme Smiley

2.  And it gets more gorgeous inside!

3.  My cute little note card.  I forgot to put one in her package b/c I was so excited about sending it out....

4.  Yummy yummy candies Smiley  Sort of mint-like with a chocolate center.  And the prettiest china-patterned wrappers!

5.  OMG.  The most amazing thing I have ever had.  I ADORE strawberry filled chocolate.

6.  My beautiful cowl Smiley  It is so soft and warm.  And it goes lovely with my red coat, especially with the fabulous red button there Smiley

7.  I pretty much squealed out loud when I saw this.  For one thing, I cannot knit.  So knitting at all amazes me.  But...

8.... Look at this amazing detail!!!  Such perfect teeny stitches.

9.  I'm in awe.  I love this.  I wear it pretty much constantly Smiley  Cable!!!  I don't even know how to wrap my head around cables!  Lol.

So as you can see, I was quite spoiled and had the most amazing swap partner ever Smiley  I love love love every bit of everything Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ o0IrishEyes0o ~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Underwater Function
Canon G10: Set Timer Function
Canon G10: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon G10: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Canon G10: Set Image Resolution Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...