A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unique Name Swap Round 3  (Read 2257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cocorific

Happiness will always be a napping skunk...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 18, 2008 08:04:06 PM »

Upon recent searching in the archives I came across the Unique Name Swap 2.  I think it would be great if we could get a round 3 going!
Here is the link to the first round: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=100353.0
Here is a link to round 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=181062.0

My daddy named me Corinna, after his favorite Dean Martin song.... and after some research I discovered that my name was only popular in America during the 50's-70's.  Yes, I'm aging myself! 

The whole time I was growing up I yearned for something, anything, even one of those little nameplates for your door, with my name on it.  Nothing, never, nowhere!!!   [sigh]

And then there's the spelling, corina, corrina, corrinna, corena, coreina, carina [this one I like!]  I've even been called katrina!  Which is a really nice name BTW.

Do you have a wonderful name that deserves to adorn some hand-made craftiness?  Whether it's a unique name, spelling or a common name that wants a little hand-made love, jump on in and lets see if we can get another round going!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. my sweet little stinker....
Tux
1/20/09
missriss

it smells like crafts in here...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008 08:29:32 PM »

yes!  the only thing i have with my name on it is a stamp my mom had me specially made when i was about four. and i still have it!  she never bought my brother anything with his name on it either because she felt guilty that she named me something uncommon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008 04:15:41 AM »

I can relate to this angst.  I didn't have a completely unusual name, Theresa, but I could never find it spelled with an H, and it does matter!

I would want to do this for my kids though, they are suffering from my callous disregard for their feelings during the name selection process.  I love both their names but they don't even find a name close to theirs on the named items.

This sounds like a great swap.  I'll be watching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
cclewis05
What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.~*Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008 01:31:10 PM »

Oh yeah! What a Great idea! My name is Kinda uncommon but it is the spelling too.. "Candi" yes with a I  is what I say all the time. lol I work with customers all the time and when I have to make a call for them and tell the people on the other line my name and they say Katie and I just say yeah no point in even tryin' to tell them their mistake. Oh and here is the Famous   Can-di... Really? Really now? people just don't know when to give up! lol I know the feeling with the name  Theresa I had a boss lady and her name was spelled like that. She would always mark out where someone wrote her name and spell it right. We learned quickly needless to say. I will have to bookmark this!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.
-- Jim Morrison
cocorific

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008 06:32:30 PM »

Ahh the famous Candi!  LOL   I like it better with an "i" to be honest!!

You know Theresa, I've always spelled it the "correct" way!  I was only corrected by those who don't use the 'h'....

Well missriss, I don't know how uncommon your name is, but at least when someone calls out, you know they are talking to you! 

Maybe after the holidays more individuals will show interest! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tux
1/20/09
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008 12:04:48 AM »

Oh please please please let me be able to do this lmao. Im Sasha - pronounced just like it is spelt! and finding anything with my name on it is a nightmare (although, thanks to Brats is getting easier, if I dont mind tween items  Roll Eyes )
Im proud of my name though, its taken from the story "Peter and the Wolf" - the little birdie who warns Peter (Im also named after my Nanas prize ken terrier but lets not go there  Cheesy  Tongue )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Vog
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008 03:31:17 AM »

I'm not eligible to participate in swaps yet, but I have an unique name too and think this is a great idea. I've never met another person with my name, though have heard of "friends of friends" with the name. I've always looked at the name plates and come away disappointed because my name is never there; It goes pretty much from Kelly to Kim and Kezia doesn't get a look in anywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cocorific

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008 04:40:59 PM »

Sasha is a lovely name!  Smiley  But you're right, I've never seen anything personalized for you either!!  Hahaha on the Brats inference...

Kezia, (wow that IS unique, yeah you  Cheesy) the only thing keeping you from being a participant is a handful of posts!  You just need to browse around and comment on others' posts or post something yourself!!  It won't take long to get to 15...  Was there some other reason you were thinking you are not eligible?

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008 04:42:08 PM by cocorific - Reason: typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tux
1/20/09
Vog
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008 07:00:38 AM »

Oh, no. Just my post count. I'm slow with getting it to 15, but I'm almost there now! (2 more after this one, I think!)

I joined years ago and have only started posting this week, so you could say it's taken me years to get this many posts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008 01:56:27 PM »

Yea I love my name but it does get annoying, my partners family still pronounce my name wrong - we have been together for 2 years!! lol, and teachers never pronounced it right (my mother got alot of phone calls saying I was wagging because I wouldnt answer to 'Sarsha')
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Scrunch Straight Hair
How to Twist Short Hair
How to Prom Hairstyles
How to Straighten Black Hair
How to Take Out a Dreadlock
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...