A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,650
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teeny mice from reclaimed fabrics with TUTORIAL (A LOT of pics!)  (Read 48686 times)
Tags for this thread: mouse , craftster_best_of_2008 , catnip_toy , toy , tutorial , catnip , cat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008 05:09:01 AM »

So cute!!!!I may need to make some for stocking stuffers:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
illi
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008 05:41:36 AM »

Cheesy these are so colorful and pretty. I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillvedge
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008 07:40:20 AM »

Those are adorable ! I only wish my kitties would play with cloth mice, however they like the crinkle balls.

I'm trying to figure out how to make crinkle balls. Do you think if I put a piece of a stiffer plastic wrap (like the bags spices sometimes come in) into a toy with stuffing around it, it would still be safe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
renee2005
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008 08:23:39 AM »

I think this is just ever so cute!!!   Grin   Grin  I think I am going to make these for my kitties.  Their old mice are getting a little ratty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008 08:38:27 AM »

Those are adorable ! I only wish my kitties would play with cloth mice, however they like the crinkle balls.

I'm trying to figure out how to make crinkle balls. Do you think if I put a piece of a stiffer plastic wrap (like the bags spices sometimes come in) into a toy with stuffing around it, it would still be safe?
For crinkle, we've always used old mylar balloons(those silver heleum balloons...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008 09:46:02 AM »

For crinkle, we've always used old mylar balloons(those silver heleum balloons...)
Some people recycle chip/snack bags (washed first, of course!) and put them inside with some stuffing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillvedge
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008 10:00:15 AM »

Some people recycle chip/snack bags (washed first, of course!) and put them inside with some stuffing.

I didn't think of the chip bags or mylar balloons! Thanks so much both of you, I was going nuts trying to figure out what to use.

Another thing I was wondering about was would it still be safe if I crocheted creatures and put the crinkle in it? I'm just concerned about the yarn getting a hole and the kitty swallowing the plastic/mylar. What do you think? Stick to fabric and a tighter stitch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilaboo4
a lil bit of heaven & a lil bit of hell yeah

More normal than I should be!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008 10:12:16 AM »

sorry to hear about ur kitty... losing a pet IS losing a family member... *crafter hug*

but ur mice are ADORABLE!!! and the person who mentioned giving things like this to the cats at the animal shelter: GREAT IDEA!!! im not a cat person, but animals that end up in shelters need extra love and im sure a fun toy is one step closer to "rehab" and a forever-home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
echoglow
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008 11:09:03 AM »

these are fantastically adorable Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008 02:08:14 PM »

totally love them, great fabric choices
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amanda Seyfried Loves Her Red Leather Pants
3 Chic Ways to Bundle Up in Style This Winter
Fur Fashion for Fall and Winter
Fur Trends for the Fall and Winter Season
Tips for Outfits That Break Fashion Rules
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...