A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This machine is going to be the end of me. HELP. Singer CE100 Futura  (Read 1003 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2008 05:44:06 PM »

I cannot get it to work! I used it awhile ago - and now trying again, I cant!!!

I installed the software it came with, I remember that didnt work so I had to go get some sort of patch for Vista... and then I spent a ton of money on the Autopunch program - which I havent even used (but I installed)

I set up the machine, had it off, plugged it into my computer, turned it on, inserted the disk (I tried both). And NOTHING happens. Well both disks make me install the program every time I try. I had to put in my code again for the auto punch. And nothing is opening. I am beyond frustrated with this machine.

I hardly use it - and even for basic sewing I do not like it. Please help. Im going to go insane.

EDIT: Okay so I got software update... and it kinda opens now... but I get a connection error saying theres an error between then machine and computer.... and there isnt... help
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008 06:08:26 PM by Shelichan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
Michellegio_sew
Seamstress ..... Not Sewer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008 07:20:56 PM »

there is a yahoo group for futura owners, the people there will help you.  I was going to buy a futura & to tell you the truth I am glad I didn't, I hear nothing but problems.  I really hope you are able to figure it out, because people say once you learn how to use it right, there are no problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here.
Tangerine_Dreams
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009 10:38:44 AM »

Do you know if your Vista is 32 or 64 bit? 

If it's 64 bit your software will not work.  Singer has refused to make the software work in 64 bit, and we tried last night to get it to work in 32bit compatability mode, and still couldn't get it to work.  Luckily I have another computer I can use, but I'm still bummed out about it!

Also here is the link to help with getting it to work on Vista (if it's the 32 bit) :  http://www.futura-support.com/downloads/Vista.html

From the Windows Website:
 How can I tell if my computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows?
To see if your computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, do the following:

1.    Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
2.    Under System, you can view the system type.

I hope that helps!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..~Jessica~
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009 11:54:51 AM »

Thanks guys Smiley I managed to get it to work. I eventually uninstalled everything... then reinstalled it all, and followed all of the patch and whatnot info And it works fine now! Thankfully! Haha. Ty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...