A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fit for babies or for tots?!  (Read 3801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Juaniece
« on: December 16, 2008 05:07:55 AM »

I will be a new Mimi (grandmother!) in May (Yippee!) and trying to remember what items the baby needs!  Seems to me that hooded towels can come in handy, right?  So, I tried my hand at making a few.  The first was obviously sized for a toddler or older (no pics yet!) and the second and third MIGHT be ok!  (First time posting pics, I'm technology challenged and my apologies if I goof it!)

Couldn't resist ears on the hoodie! Ears are so cute!

Here is try #3, with the alma mater of one of the parents!

Couldn't resist ears on this one either!

And I made bath mitts for both of these!

Boy, I hope mom&dad like these! (I'm actually worried about sizing!) 
 Next, I will make something else that parents need for babies (!what??!)!

Thanks for looking & comments welcome!  (If I goofed on the post, my apologies!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008 05:14:44 AM »

These are so cute! I love the Texas University one! I never really checked for size when I bought my hooded towels, she's kinda growing into them so I dont worry about any of them being too little
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008 05:42:24 AM »

Those are really cute and very well done! Smiley

I never used hooded towels with my kids when they were babies. They just didn't seem to like it as a babe. But now, my kids are 4 and 2 and love, love, love their hooded towels. So, in my opinion, based on my experience, having the bigger ones will be great Smiley As a matter of fact, once I clear my to-do/to-make list, I'll be making some of these inspired by you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grendelsmom
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008 07:55:58 AM »

Those are adorable!  They will be well-loved I'm sure.  Don't worry about the size - if too big, the kid will grow into them.  Other ideas for the new parents: burp cloths embellished by you (I would use cloth trifold diapers for this purpose, they hold up for years and make great cleaning cloths later); bibs; aspirin; earplugs.  I don't think you can package "sleep," but I'm guessing a coupon good for a couple of hours' peace in the form of Mimi-time would also be appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008 09:11:35 AM »

These are great! You could also make some blakets like these for swaddling the baby, especially since you have the sizes down now, but if you are really up for a challenge try making one of those trolley covers for the supermarket carts. I never realized how nice they were until I broke down and bought one used. I LOVE mine and my daughter enjoys lounging in it while we stroll down the isles. I swear I get an extra twenty minutes in the store with that thing and not just because she is getting older and it is good for YEARS if you make sure its washable.
Oh and booties. I really wish I had good booties. Ones that actually stay on are so hard to find. I had a few teeny ones my grandmother made for my sister and I when we were new that had drawstrings to tie them on with... these are no longer available commercially in the US because the have strings and Americans have sued themselves silly when it comes to anything that could possibly become hazardous if you tried really hard. And they stayed on, but now I have nothing and now its below freezing out there.

Just some food for thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Juaniece
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008 08:50:01 PM »

These are so cute! I love the Texas University one! I never really checked for size when I bought my hooded towels, she's kinda growing into them so I dont worry about any of them being too little

Thanks pizzacravings!  I appreciate the info about your little one growing into them! Good to know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juaniece
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008 08:54:22 PM »

Those are really cute and very well done! Smiley

I never used hooded towels with my kids when they were babies. They just didn't seem to like it as a babe. But now, my kids are 4 and 2 and love, love, love their hooded towels. So, in my opinion, based on my experience, having the bigger ones will be great Smiley As a matter of fact, once I clear my to-do/to-make list, I'll be making some of these inspired by you!

Thank you llisaredd !  This is helpful to know about the little ones enjoying their hooded towels later!  With that in mind, I'm going to concentrate my time on other things the kids need!   And good to know you were inspired by these, Thanks!  I actually saw one in a store & looked it over and jotted the size down!  Would love to see them as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juaniece
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008 08:58:42 PM »

Those are adorable!  They will be well-loved I'm sure.  Don't worry about the size - if too big, the kid will grow into them.  Other ideas for the new parents: burp cloths embellished by you (I would use cloth trifold diapers for this purpose, they hold up for years and make great cleaning cloths later); bibs; aspirin; earplugs.  I don't think you can package "sleep," but I'm guessing a coupon good for a couple of hours' peace in the form of Mimi-time would also be appreciated!

Thank you so much grendelsmom!  And I really appreciate your helpful tips about what else the new parents will need for Baby!  Ok, I'm laughing my head off...who are the earplugs for?!!  the little Mom!??   I almost fell over laughing when I saw that!  Good idea on the coupons for services!  Mimi will be glad to ! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juaniece
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008 09:04:09 PM »

These are great! You could also make some blakets like these for swaddling the baby, especially since you have the sizes down now, but if you are really up for a challenge try making one of those trolley covers for the supermarket carts. I never realized how nice they were until I broke down and bought one used. I LOVE mine and my daughter enjoys lounging in it while we stroll down the isles. I swear I get an extra twenty minutes in the store with that thing and not just because she is getting older and it is good for YEARS if you make sure its washable.
Oh and booties. I really wish I had good booties. Ones that actually stay on are so hard to find. I had a few teeny ones my grandmother made for my sister and I when we were new that had drawstrings to tie them on with... these are no longer available commercially in the US because the have strings and Americans have sued themselves silly when it comes to anything that could possibly become hazardous if you tried really hard. And they stayed on, but now I have nothing and now its below freezing out there.  Just some food for thought!

Thank you Lady Llanalla!  I am so grateful for the other ideas for baby!  I think its so ironic that you mentioned the shopping cart cover... I just found a pattern online for that one!    And I never would have thought of booties!  I will have to look for a pattern/tute for that.   We do get cold weather some years. (Yes, I agree...there are way too many frivolous lawsuits!) Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008 08:41:17 AM »

Glad I could be of use. You know if you want something really easy to make fleece mitts and hats can be super easy for last minute crafting too and I know I have lost enough to know you can't have too many.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Holiday Bingo
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...