A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Teacher Swap (Signups: 12/15/08 - 12/29/08; Sendout by 02/13/09)  (Read 10453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2009 01:30:46 PM »

oops!  tdrios, you need to look in the box because that used to say "notes" not, note. 

Also; for everyone else, lest you think I shorted my partner.  There was more to that package,a felt hanging organizer with a cross-stitched panel (with scripture because she said she especially like scripture) a woman's devotional book, and some other teachery extras.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftastrophe
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2009 07:53:35 PM »

oops!  tdrios, you need to look in the box because that used to say "notes" not, note. 

Also; for everyone else, lest you think I shorted my partner.  There was more to that package,a felt hanging organizer with a cross-stitched panel (with scripture because she said she especially like scripture) a woman's devotional book, and some other teachery extras.

just curious about the hanging organizer, does it have pockets?  I'd like to make one for me  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2009 09:00:40 PM »

just curious about the hanging organizer, does it have pockets?  I'd like to make one for me  Smiley

Yes, I made it a  long rectangle  with three or four pockets under the stitched panel.  The pockets are 1/2 the size of a felt rectangle.  I loved it but I should have used a double thickness on the pockets.  I'm worried about them stretching.  It had loops for hanging at the top.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009 09:03:57 PM by gamemom42 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2009 11:09:07 PM »

I finally sent on Wednesday!!  I can't wait until it gets to my partner!  So excited to get my goodies too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 335 total (swaps/friends and family)
50 projects in 2015 page 79
7/50 F&F
43/50 swa
sallyb
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2009 12:55:41 AM »

I'm getting a little worried about mimikachu's package... I really think it should have arrived my now...  I'll give it about another week and if it's a no show, I'll make it all over again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Salo
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2009 11:25:56 PM »

I received my package the day before yesterday, but I didn't have a computer until today. Kerallyn sent me a lovely blue paper wrapped box. Inside I found a very nice note and a bag made from packing tape that is see through and security friendly. In the bag were a ball of twine and a neat holder made out of it I'm going to use for crochet hooks. I'm going to try to make something similar. Also, there was a small box that held a crocheted bookmark that was very impressive. I especially like its tassel. Underneath that was my favorite thing, a metal hanging of my favorite Vonnegut quote. I have these words tattooed on my side. I will definitely keep this for the rest of my life and always hang it in my classrooms.

Here is the holder and the twine:

This is the lovely bookmark:

"So it goes"

Everything together:

Thanks Kerallyn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2009 04:34:42 AM »

nice package!  I really like the "so it goes" piece.  I just can't seem to get the whole manipulating wire thing but when I see nice work like that, I just have to keep trying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2009 04:55:53 AM »

Oh, I'm so glad you like everything, Salo Cheesy  I'll be heading for the post office as soon as my daughter's bus comes this morning to check my box for your package!

I've made similar bags all out of duck tape before, but this was my first try with the clear tape, and it's a lot trickier than regular duck tape.  I had to start over three times before I got a good way to keep my tape straight and fingerprint-free!  I've told a few friends about it and I now I've got a waiting list of folks who want one Cheesy

I can't wait to get your package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2009 08:03:33 AM »

Ok, I'm back from the post office, and I have Salo's package Cheesy  Here are the photos:

I'm very happy with my first swap; my partner likes what I sent her and I like what I got back!  I don't expect my daughter to let me keep the doll for very long, but I think it's wonderful.  I love the pattern in the scarf.  I've never seen broomstick lace before, and I've already printing a tutorial and gathered materials to try it myself. 

Thank you, Salo, for a great swap Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
Salo
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2009 09:10:00 AM »

Yay! I'm glad everything got to its destination safely. Harry looks like he got a little flustered in shipment. A little fluffing and love should straighten him out. Here's how he looked before I sent him:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Quick And Easy Take-To-Work Lunch Ideas
How to Use Strawberries in Every Course
How To Make Pecan Pie
How to Make Cocoa Krispie French Toast
4 Ways To Repurpose Common Leftovers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...