A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Best Apple Bread EVER-with recipe  (Read 1740 times)
Tags for this thread: apple , apple_recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 15, 2008 07:29:01 PM »

Well I probably can't say ever because technically this is the only apple bread I've ever eaten but omg is it delicious. We have a bunch of red apples that arn't getting eaten and I was going to make a pie but all the recipes tend to want green apples so I searched recipes for red apples and came across apple bread, I said what the heck lets try it. It's so moist and yummy!!! Please forgive me I'm not sure exactly where I got the recipe I just printed it out and now I can't find the source...

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (I'm not sure if canola oil is different, but I used canola...)
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups diced apples (I didn't really follow this I probably had about 3.5 cups)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (I didn't add these but I did add a couple  handfuls of raisins)

1) Preheat oven to 325 F Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans (used glass, don't know if it matters or not) ~~Also go lightly on the grease, the outside of my bread kinda tastes like pan or pam or w/e it is now, lol~~ Set Aside.
2) In bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3) In another bowl beat the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla together, mixing well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in the apples and walnuts (and/or raisins) and spoon into prepared loaf pans.
4) Bake for 1hr 15mins or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pans before removing to cool on wire racks. Wrap tightly to store. (Well it was late for me so after I took them out I set the on the stove and put cellophane on top (yes it did melt it to the sides, lol) and the bread has stayed in the pans since just covered in cellophane.

Makes 2 loaves

I added all my commentary because I'm not sure whether mine turned out differently because I did things differently or not...

Also when I make this again I will definately add more raisins!!! LOL Grin

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008 10:02:04 AM »

I bake a cake very simular to this one and it is very very good but I call it a cake.lol.  It is very delishous and I recommend it warmly.  (I only use canola oil).  You have my vote!!!  A great tasting and moist cake\bread.
I apologize for my spelling mistakes...my secret is out.  (couldn't get the spell check to work.)  Sorry
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008 10:09:27 AM by Jinjeet Phoenix - Reason: Spell check not functioning » THIS ROCKS   Logged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008 03:46:43 PM »

How small of a dice do you use to get the apples cooked, or does it matter?  Do you think I could just grate the apples?  Just wondering! 
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008 07:13:18 PM »

I actually had pretty big chucks imo, since it cooks for over an hour they pretty much bake out into the bread (or cake, lol) Now I wouldn't say you should put two inch chunks in there but you don't have to be perfect when dicing them.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008 09:51:07 PM »

That does sound tasty.  I like the addition of raisins too.  Sounds like something I might have to try soon!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008 10:30:16 AM »

I made this yesterday and ...I only have half a loaf left today after everyone got to it  Cheesy  Needless to say, it was great!  Thanks for the recipe and for the tip about the apples.

I like to modify things, so just in case anyone wants a yummy (semi-)variation on this recipe, here's what I did: 
1.  reduced the amount of oil (I probably used 3/4 cup or less)
2.  added a splash of orange juice to get the batter thinned out a bit (because of the lack of oil)
3.  used less sugar in the actual bread, and sprinkled the loaves with extra sugar before baking to make them super crunchy on top
4.  used half all-purpose and half whole-wheat flour, almost a tablespoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of ginger. 

Next time I'm going to try to replace the eggs in an attempt to veganize this.  I loved it!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008 10:31:14 AM by bunsenhoneydew13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wear Your Chambray Shirt a New Way Every Day
5 Ways to Revamp Your Fall Wardrobe
Sofia Vergara To Wed in Vera Wang
Paul Smith - London- Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews and Runway
Style Tips For Sporting Events From Jill Martin
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...