A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terribly Late Little Red Riding Hood Costume  (Read 1571 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SaccharineSunshine04
« on: December 15, 2008 12:30:16 PM »

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived in a village near the forest.  Whenever, she went out, the little girl wore a red riding cloak, so everyone in the village called her Little Red Riding Hood.

One morning, Little Red Riding Hood asked her mother if she could go to visit her grandmother as it had been awhile since they'd seen each other.

"That's a good idea," her mother said.  So they packed a nice basket for Little Red Riding Hood to take to her grandmother.

When the basket was ready, the little girl put on her red cloak and kissed her mother goodbye.

"Remember, go straight to Grandma's house," her mother cautioned.  "Don't dawdle along the way and please don't talk to strangers!  The woods are dangerous."

"Don't worry, mommy," said Little Red Riding Hood, "I'll be careful."

But when Little Red Riding Hood noticed some lovely flowers in the woods, she forgot her promise to her mother.  She picked a few, watched the butterflies flit about for awhile, listened to the frogs croaking and then picked a few more. 

Little Red Riding Hood was enjoying the warm summer day so much, that she didn't notice a dark shadow approaching out of the forest behind her...

Suddenly, the wolf appeared beside her.

"What are you doing out here, little girl?" the wolf asked in a voice as friendly as he could muster.

"I'm on my way to see my Grandma who lives through the forest, near the brook,"...

I used Simplicity pattern 3618. Also, I forgot that I moved to a dorm room with no hammer, so I couldn't do the grommets on the vest. And of course, I waited until Oct. 30th to figure that out.  Undecided

The cape was the only part that really told what I was. It's also the part I love the most. I used velvet, which was really expensive, but whatever.

Next year, my friends and I want to do theme costumes and go as a group. Any suggestions for a group of 8-10 people?

Comments? Questions?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 12:32:59 PM by SaccharineSunshine04 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/SaccharineSunshine04
You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008 12:52:40 PM »

Your photo story is really cute and I love the cape. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008 07:08:49 PM »

The velvet cape was a good investment. You can wear it to winter parties, or any formal-ly occasion. Plus it would look great with jeans and a sweater. That red is fabulous on you!

Cute costume, as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Restore an Image After Adjusting Levels
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Level Commands
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the 16 Bit Per Channel Space
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Save All Changes
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Color Pallet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...