A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bottlecaps?  (Read 517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cimberb
« on: December 15, 2008 10:07:03 AM »

Hi. Ok so Ive been making magnets outta bottlecaps for awhile now but ive been noticing the growing increase of jewlery out of bottle caps. So my question is how?? I would like to know how to make holes and what materials other people use. Just all the little info would be great. lol

Also. I cant seem to find the glaze I like anywhere. Anyone have a favorite kind they like to use and where to find it. I am in Texas if that helps. But I used Klutz Glaze to cover my bottlecaps to keep them from damaging but I cant find just a bottle, you have to buy a whole craft set from capsters. So Just any information to help me get started again. Im selling them through my work place and they are now looking forward to the jewlery. Thanks in advance
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently redoing my house-looking for personal swaps to add touches. Smiley
Cimberb
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008 06:13:50 AM »

Any help? Ive been trying to do a little more searching but i still cant find the answers. Sorry if this is a repost.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently redoing my house-looking for personal swaps to add touches. Smiley
funkyjunkdesigns
Private Jewelry Making Classes Available-Chain & Maille A Specialty

this is made from a bicycle innertube!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008 05:23:16 PM »

I've made and sold bottlecap jewelry here on the east coast for nearly 6 years, but I won't tell you how I make MY holes, because I have a technique that makes nice, smooth holes, that don't warp the cap, dont' leave a scratchy point, and don't have to be filed.  But you can use an awl, a drill, a nail, a paper punch.  These will leave a rough, scratchy point that MUST be filed or it will catch on clothing and skin.

Asking for "all the little info" is like asking Colonel Sanders for "just the 11 secret ingredients" so that I can make your chicken.  "I know you have it all figured out, so why should I have to bother?  Now you can tell me, and then I can make what you make and sell it, too."

I don't mean to sound snarky, and I think I have only 10 pieces left, but really,asking for the little parts is the HARD part.  The little parts are what people have worked hard to figure out.  They are the tweaks, and the nuances that they have found that make the work the best it can be.

Now, if you search around craftster, I have posted my favorite toxic and non toxic bottlecap fillers )as have others)and the information about the glaze that Klutz uses. I think there are even some reviews about that which Klutz uses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently Retired Items are now Jewelry...We Support Various Charities!
http://recentlyre-tired.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Sports Photography
Latest Cameras in the Market
New Releases for Photographers
Photography and Make Up
Macro Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...