A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cary finds  (Read 2117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mermandala
« on: February 16, 2004 07:41:15 PM »

Hmmm.  After reading the "Raleigh/Durham finds" posts, I thought there should be a seperate thread for Cary. Wink
Though I don't know very much about where to get crafty things there. --I live in Raleigh.  I do know they have some of the best Indian food around, and Madstone.  Madstone was the only theatre around to play Miyazaki's Spirited Away which was a great film and not shown in Raleigh at all.  Sad
Oh--and they have the best Border's Books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tentimeszero
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004 08:21:10 PM »

Mr Toads on high house & cary parkway is a really cool place. cheaper than caribou too. its also a meetup point (goto meetup.com its a great way to make new friends w/ your intrests & learn bout new places) and a book-crossing site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

then looking upward i strain my eyes & try, to tell the difference between shooting stars & statellites, from the passenger seat as you are driving me home. "do they collide?" i ask & you smile. with my feet on the dash the world doesn't matter.
Mermandala
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004 08:55:29 PM »

Thanks-- I just did a mapquest search to see how close Mr Toads was to the landmarks I do know.  
I have only read about Meetups recently when doing a search for vegans in the area--too nervous to actually meetup though!  Guess I'll have to get over it....
I have a good friend who is majorly involved with the Bookcrossing in Cary.  She explained it all to me last year, and it's just so cool!--tried to get my mom involved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004 07:22:12 AM »

The smoothie shop on High House and Cary Pkwy is pretty good - there are usually coupons for it in the Pennysaver.

Cary has good cheap indian food on Maynard/Chatham (sorta near Cary Towne Center).  There are about 3 or 4 different groceries there.  My boyfriend and I always go to Triangle Indian to buy 70 cent fresh samosas... yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mermandala
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004 09:49:20 PM »

Yes!  Cool Breeze on Chatham is soo cute!  Great Indian snack food.  mmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004 03:45:09 PM »

Mermandala, is that sushi in your avatar/icon thingy?  My boyfriend and I have been in pursuit of sushi around here.  I think the best so far has been at Sushi Blues on S. Glenwood in Raleigh (ie Trendy People land).  I've also been to Kashin in Crossroads Center, which was pretty good.  Sushi Thai in Raleigh supposedly has $1 rolls, but I've heard mixed reviews. Smiley

We also got sushi from the bar at Harris Teeter a couple times, which was suprisingly decent for grocery store sushi.  Yay for trendy grocery stores Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mermandala
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004 11:25:02 PM »

Yes, it's Tarepanda with what I like to think of as an avocado roll (yum!), but is probably cucumber.
Yay Sushi!
I've never been to Sushi Blues, even though everyone's told me I'm 'sposed to.  Someday, I guess.  It's funny how I'll think it's too far away for me to just go and get sushi, yet I'll travel to Neomonde if I'm in the mood for mediterranean.  I loved the "Cyber roll" at ShabaShabu (even though the service was not much to love--um, take-out might be best).  La Vie on Capital is fantastic, plus they have Thai and Korean food.  Carolina Sushi in N. Raleigh is sooo cute!  Fun menu, too.  My husband and I are back to being "veganish" now, so we're sticking to the veggie options lately.  A friendly chef at the H.T. in Greenville is "responsible" for our fish-eating binge.  He brought us california rolls in cute pink & yellow cupcake paper!  We did not resist.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004 11:28:54 PM by Mermandala » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MeOwZa
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004 08:13:14 PM »

i have a  friend who works at sushi blues, but i've never been

i usually get sushi at this place called toyko house in waverly place shopping center (same shopping center as walmart, harris teeter, etc.) right off tryon

also, sakura xpress sells sushi, its on hillsborough st right next to nc state

if you go to tokyo house, get ja special-- its awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004 09:01:56 PM »

So many sushi places to try, so little time... Smiley

Have you guys seen the card shop "Just Write" in the new Harris Teeter complex on Harrison/Maynard?  I wonder how it stays in business since it is almost never open when I drive by.  I guess they make all their money printing wedding invitations or something.  Every time I want a fun and unique card, though, I go there and it's closed (It closes at like 5pm some days, 7 pm others).  Grrr !  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 3/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 4/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 16/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 18/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 17/19
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...