A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pleated handbag done with Amy Butler fabrics  (Read 1045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 14, 2008 05:21:35 PM »

I loooove how this purse turned out. It was one of those that make me adore the bold print fabrics because there are just so much subliminal imagery that can be formed with them.
I took it to sell at a craft show today, and I priced it really high because I was pretty much hoping no one would buy it so that I could keep it for myself, hahaha. But alas, it was sold to a very happy lady so I'm going to make more.
I didn't use a pattern, just cut out the pieces with minimal ruler use. Numbers make me want to stab myself lately thanks to the calculus I've been taking this semester. I've made quite a few versions of this pleated bag with top panels. It's definitely not the most original shape but it's exactly my taste so I keep using the silhouette.

While I was doing the pleating I discovered that it creates a subtle owl face on the bottom. I wasn't sure about the top panel's fabric matching the rest but I think they tie in nicely now.

The lining is remnant fabric that I found that the Salvation Army, to offset the fancy, pricey designer parts.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Uniqueworn
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008 05:37:34 PM »

Wow, it's really great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yaaaaay!
YukinaKipling
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008 03:20:54 PM »

Wow, that's such a great purse. All your hard work obviously paid off! I'ts lovely
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kowensby
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008 07:20:40 AM »

I love the fabric with the blue print on it!! Where did you find it?? I'd love to have something made in that fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current projects: A tote/purse; a Cinderella bag for my future niece for Christmas
JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008 12:32:36 AM »

I love the fabric with the blue print on it!! Where did you find it?? I'd love to have something made in that fabric!

They are both fabrics from Amy Butler's various lines. You can find them on pretty much any fabric website that has designer stuff (fabric.com, etc). If you look up her website she also has a feature to look up any stores near you that sell her fabrics. I live in a medium-ish size city in FL and there are 4 stores here that sell her stuff (all small quilting for fabric stores) so she has good distribution.
I have another purse that I did entirely in that blue. I'll post it sometime. Good luck making stuff with it =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Irving on Theatricality in Fiction
John Irving on the Sexuality of In One Person
John Irving on the Power of Secrets
John Irving on Family Dysfunction in Literature
John Irving on Abortion and Gay Rights in His Novels
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...