A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Puffy Scratch-Made Chocolate Chip Pancakes...Mmmmm....  (Read 13336 times)
Tags for this thread: pancake , chocolate_chip  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mini
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008 08:06:05 PM »

I loved making chocolate chip pancakes with my family & when we had sleepovers. Love. I'm going to have to make some soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
domesticity by trial and error

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008 09:35:45 PM »

Oh my goodness, everyone! Thank you all for your SWEET comments! I am getting ready to go to bed now but I will try to respond to everyone tomorrow. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
- Domesticity by trial and error

Joyful Abode Shop - military stationery, kitchen linens, accessories, and more!
thehazelwood
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008 08:49:03 AM »

I am eating these right now! They're so fluffy and mmmm

I halved the recipe since I was just cooking for myself but it made more than enough haha...leftovers for later Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mojouk
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008 11:46:06 PM »

Like everyone else I was awed by that amazing photo, and made a batch of these yesterday. They turned out quite tasty but not like the picture.

I think perhaps the batter was too thick, what consistency should I aim for next time I make this? (Yes, even though they didn't come out quite perfect there will definitely be a next time  Wink)

Thanks for the sharing the recipe  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunset8
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008 07:18:25 PM »

You just made me crave for them reeeaaaally bad. We make these a few times a year, and in my opinion, we don't make them enough!

Thanks for sharing this recipe, I might try this version soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thehazelwood
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008 05:45:04 PM »

Like everyone else I was awed by that amazing photo, and made a batch of these yesterday. They turned out quite tasty but not like the picture.

I think perhaps the batter was too thick, what consistency should I aim for next time I make this? (Yes, even though they didn't come out quite perfect there will definitely be a next time  Wink)

I don't remember exactly how much milk I added, but I know I added quite a lot more than was suggested to give it the right consistency.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008 03:09:39 AM »

My kids like making "rainbow" pancakes on Saturday mornings with me.  We split the batter into several different bowls and add different color food coloring to each bowl.  Then the kids tell me what they want me to make and I try to make the pancakes look like things like rainbows, bugs, butterflies, teddy bears, etc and because my kids have a VERY good imagination we have a lot of fun. 
That sounds like a great idea! I have zero artistic ability (and no kids), so for me it would be a fail. But still... Could be fun. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
domesticity by trial and error

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008 09:11:50 PM »

I don't remember exactly how much milk I added, but I know I added quite a lot more than was suggested to give it the right consistency.

Yup, it's more than the recipe calls for (and if you run out of milk, water will do too). It depends on your preference and your climate which is why it can't really be an exact amount... I just keep splashing till it looks right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
- Domesticity by trial and error

Joyful Abode Shop - military stationery, kitchen linens, accessories, and more!
kittykatbar89
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009 07:19:03 AM »

My Dad still makes special breakfasts when I go home,  we usually had blueberry pancakes because our family friends have a cottage in Lake of the Woods and have lots of blueberries on their land.  But we'd have french toast, crepes, pancakes, waffles, omelettes, you name it.

Breakfast is my favourite meal.

Definately make a good Sunday tradition, you kids will always remember that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colourandy
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009 09:25:12 AM »

Although these look really good, I had a few issues with them, they were way too thick, I ended up adding 2 & a half cups of milk & they were still too thick, and on top of that they didn't cook right.

Perhaps I'll try again, they do look delish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Layers in Photoshop
How to Create Easy Logos
How to Create 3D Logo Text in Photoshop
How to Create Poster text in Photoshop
How to Create a Zoom Camera Effect in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...